A European Fiero GT 88' 2.8 buld thread by rd1 by rd1
Started on: 07-01-2014 05:32 PM
Replies: 6 (285 views)
Last post by: rd1 on 07-02-2014 09:43 AM
rd1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rd1Send a Private Message to rd1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys

I must say I like this forum, there is a lot going on and learned alot, and now it's time to introduce you my Fiero GT 88' that I bought in Austria and imported to Croatia, where I live
Excuse me if I posted it on the wrong place

I don't have pics when I bought him, just the pics when I started the work

It's an 88' Fiero GT 2.8 automatic, 85.000 miles

What I plan to buy and replace:
- need a drivers side sail panel
- some new exhaust (whole system or just nicer tips)
- front lowering
- need the whole set of seals, including the door/glass seal
- paint the center of the wheels, one day she gets chrome rims

If you know where to buy them or you have something to offer, I would love it. I must only say that here in Europe there is a big problem with the parts, I need to order it from the US where I have a problem with high costs of shipping and we need to pay big taxes (about 40% on the amount from the product and shipping)

Greetings from Croatia, hope you like my unique Fiero that is still alive and rolling :-)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car. Welcome to the forum. A lot of good info here, and knowlagable people.

As for lowering the front.... you could try Rodney's lowering balljoints. Relatively cheap purchace.

http://www.rodneydickman.com/retail.html He sells other parts you may find useful too.

I'm curious how many other members here are from Croatia. Can't be many.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Asphalt Risin (edited 07-01-2014).]

rd1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rd1Send a Private Message to rd1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Asphalt Risin:

Nice car. Welcome to the forum. A lot of good info here, and knowlagable people.

As for lowering the front.... you could try Rodney's lowering balljoints. Relatively cheap purchace.

http://www.rodneydickman.com/retail.html He sells other parts you may find useful too.

I'm curious how many other members here are from Croatia. Can't be many.

thx, I found this site and I wasn't sure if those ball joints are good quality products and how much do they really lower a car?

believe me, I'm the only member from Croatia since my Fiero is for about a month the first and only Fiero in Cro, and I'm very proud to have such a special vehicle... My dad has 2 US cars, and the Fiero is my first US, hoping not the last one :-)
Where do you get in the UK the parts you need?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be sort of like trying to keep a Yugo running in the US.... Ha! that would be hard to do. Use the Mall in this Forum to get parts....they will be cheaper and you can get better shipping rates from forum members I suspect. Don't be afraid of buying used parts....you have a used car after all.... Shipping an exhaust system would be pricy though....
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rd1:
thx, I found this site and I wasn't sure if those ball joints are good quality products and how much do they really lower a car?

believe me, I'm the only member from Croatia since my Fiero is for about a month the first and only Fiero in Cro, and I'm very proud to have such a special vehicle... My dad has 2 US cars, and the Fiero is my first US, hoping not the last one :-)
Where do you get in the UK the parts you need?

I'm in London, Ontario, Canada actually.. so I'm pretty lucky here as far as part options go. ...Fieros are pretty rare here too. I see the odd one in backyards with trees growing out of them. lol. ...aside from that, I can count on one hand how many I've seen on the road in the last 3 years. Most people I encounter have no idea what it is even.

I've never heard a bad thing about Rodney's parts. I've had his balljoints in my car for a few years now actually.

...and as Gall757 mentioned, the mall is always a good source. There are people here from all over. Maybe throw up a post of what you're looking for.
I'm assuming you had to import from Austia because of none available locally then?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe there are several Fiero's in Germany so maybe you could source parts thru them. You can search the list of members of this forum by address and find members in other countries. Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of great people on here!
rd1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rd1Send a Private Message to rd1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thx guys for the welcome, I saw here lot of useful threads, and learned very much about the car... I see you all love that car, and before I bought it, I searched here and saw your enthusiasm and that gave me the will to buy the car

I would love to change immediately everything that bothers me on the car, but $$$$ is what holds me on brake :-))
But I'm looking forward to meet you and always open for proposal and build suggestions

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock