Fiero educate question by racingfortheson
Started on: 06-29-2014 01:44 AM
Replies: 11 (315 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 06-30-2014 10:36 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So real quick. Is there a vibe in the Fiero world that it is taboo to put "Non Fiero" or GM style parts on your car? I have seen people post things on many threads that point to this. Most of the time it is in a joking fun manner, but is there a underlined purist thing fueling this? Never dawned on me until it popped up on something the other day.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're kidding, right?

I love my Fieros, but they're a dime a dozen.

Do with your Fiero(s) as you wish.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a Chrysler engine and a Toyota dashboard in my car, I have never heard a single negative comment on here or any show I've been in. I even won a couple awards at Dell's this year. I say do what you want to your car and don't worry what other people think.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I disagree. I have seen lots of non GM builds and the support for these and any other modification is substantal. The only time I see negative comments is if a person dislikes the way a car looks. Personal taste. Even in those cases, there is usually a complement about the technical ability to pull off such a modification. For me it is about the engineering and modification, not the components used.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most all of the non-Fiero items thrown into Fieros are often upgrades anyway in all honesty (engines, interiors, etc).

Not too sure why one would want to argue against that when the Fiero was built as a cheap bottom-of-the-GM-parts-bin econo-communter box.

EDIT: Was this spurred partly on what I said in your FIAT side-scoop thread? Didn't mean to be negative if you took that impression away.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 06-29-2014).]

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No just a question. Some car people are about keeping them stock. Just seeing how people here are.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

Some car people are about keeping them stock.

Unless it's one-of-a-kind... personalize your ride and feel good about it.

IMO, keeping a regular run-of-the-mill car bone stock is B-O-R-I-N-G.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way I look at it, if you have a pristine stock 88 and want to mod, please get a different car. Otherwise have at it!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have heard some negative comments towards people wanting to swap in Ford or Honda engines.
Otherwise, the larger crapstorm is the 3800 vs V8 discussion.

Otherwise... Mods? Me?

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are like any other car with enthusiasts, or a cult following, very much like the classic car crowd, there are purists who hate to see one modded, and there are folks who mod nearly every part, and all in between.

Preservatioon, restoration, resto mod, mod, rebody, show car, performance racer, drag racer...it takes all kinds
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I have heard some negative comments towards people wanting to swap in Ford or Honda engines.
Otherwise, the larger crapstorm is the 3800 vs V8 discussion.

Otherwise... Mods? Me?

I like your rear spoiler. More pics and info please.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock