Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Installed one side of my X19 intake scoops.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Installed one side of my X19 intake scoops. by racingfortheson
Started on: 06-27-2014 02:14 AM
Replies: 15 (1012 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 08-23-2016 10:12 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the right side on the car today. Had to take a deep breath as I cut into a perfect side panel, but it looks great. Picture doesn't do it justice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! Where did you get the scoop?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Looks good! Where did you get the scoop?

From a Fiat X19.

That does look good on a Fiero, I had always wondered

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-27-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I meant to ask where you were able to find the X19 scoop?
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a good set on eBay for $80. I thought it was a little high but I'm very cheap, lol.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-27-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That really does look great. Well done Sir.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! I'm sure your car is much faster now. Will you have to do any filling to install the drivers side scoop?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have any pics of the hole you had to cut in the fiero?
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a pic of the driver's side. It fit really nice. There is about 1/8th inch gap on bottom where the stock intake was. It is almost impossible to see. I added a straight to airbox pipe from intake. I thought it would change the intake sound, but nope. Sounds the same to me. So as we all know, it doesn't make it faster but now it has intakes (or looks) on both sides. I like it and for under $100 it was an awesome add on. When I do my 4.9 swap this fall, I'm going to make both functional.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

racingfortheson

377 posts
Member since Aug 2013
O and I got caught in a heavy down pour, lol. Was worried about the intake with no baffle, but no problem.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FIAT side scoops, Scion wheels. What else non-Fiero can you throw on there?
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

FIAT side scoops, Scion wheels. What else non-Fiero can you throw on there?

Picking up a Caddy 4.9, I have custom made tail lights and a fiberglass front bumper.
Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice add on, good job
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was a hole cut into the passenger side panel for the scoop ??? Any photos as to whats behind the rear panel..am going to do the same project with a different scoop. want to "vent" the passenger side. need advice before I screw up.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fieroguy:

Any photos as to whats behind the rear panel..am going to do the same project with a different scoop.

Easiest way to see for yourself is to loosen the plastic wheel well tub where it's attached to that panel (and to the rocker) and take a peek in there. You might be able to see enough without needing to remove the wheel well tub completely. Not a big job though if it turns out to be necessary.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-23-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock