Started on: 06-25-2014 05:59 PM
Replies: 30 (944 views)
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 07-10-2014 09:42 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now I fight for my refund... I'm a little more then pissed the guy Alex Conley avoids phone calls and emails...

If I knew what it took to run an event like this I'd so do it. So there goes my chance to see what the car does in 1 mile blah....

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113 330 HP/430TQ
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
REALLY???? awww man........
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably can't find a mile long stretch of drivable road left in MI.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Probably can't find a mile long stretch of drivable road left in MI.

Ain't that the truth !!! Wonder why the hell I'm paying road taxes, they aren't keeping up their part of the deal.

The only place I can think of to run the mile is Selfridge Air National Guard, if you could talk them into having event. Of course you are going the beat the crap out of your car going to event on pot holed roads. The roads are so bad, I haven't even started my car this year.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
California. I just got back from going through Michigan I will trade you roads any day. Are roads are craked down to the old brick roads. Yep we paved asphalt over the old brick roads and now the black top left. Pot holes are 6 inches deep and no way around them. Also shut down two of the three ways into the city from the burbs.
O.P that sucks wish u luck.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:

California. I just got back from going through Michigan I will trade you roads any day. Are roads are craked down to the old brick roads. Yep we paved asphalt over the old brick roads and now the black top left. Pot holes are 6 inches deep and no way around them. Also shut down two of the three ways into the city from the burbs.
O.P that sucks wish u luck.

Depends on where you travel in Michigan, 6 inches deep is no big thing within a 20 mile radius of where I live. There is "some" road work going on, but most of it is "hot patches" which don't last very long at all, are are a big waste of money in my opinion (and you can't count on the hot patch being there the next time you travel that area).
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Depends on where you travel in Michigan, 6 inches deep is no big thing within a 20 mile radius of where I live. There is "some" road work going on, but most of it is "hot patches" which don't last very long at all, are are a big waste of money in my opinion (and you can't count on the hot patch being there the next time you travel that area).

You just need to get out of the ghetto in Detroit. I am not saying the roads in mid Michigan are smooth as glass, but most are better than what is being portrayed by some on here.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

You just need to get out of the ghetto in Detroit. I am not saying the roads in mid Michigan are smooth as glass, but most are better than what is being portrayed by some on here.

Where I live is very far from being a ghetto, and not even close to Detroit. Just that the roads in my metro suburban area are highly traveled, not what you experience in Owosso. Speaking of Owosso, I lived there 5 years, Dad had a shooting range there for a while.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

Where I live is very far from being a ghetto, and not even close to Detroit. Just that the roads in my metro suburban area are highly traveled, not what you experience in Owosso. Speaking of Owosso, I lived there 5 years, Dad had a shooting range there for a while.

I was just messing with you. I have to go to Detroit quite a bit for my business. In fact I was down there twice already this week. Just getting there and having to drive on the roads with all the people is not what I call fun. Not quite as bad as Chicago or some of the other cities I have been too, but bad enough. I like it less populated.

We just got M-21 fixed in downtown Owosso. It was bad for the 6 years I have lived here. I just learned to take a different route when driving my Fiero.

The worst road I took was one in New York going to Watkins Glen a year ago. It threw my front end out of alignment so bad I wore a set of new tires out in about 800 miles. This year our group took the route through Canada when we went to Watkins Glen.

I hope that we can get some of the roads fixed in the near future, but I am not ready to pay more in taxes especially with the price of gas right now.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure about this event but the Ohio Mile and several others are all run on old airport runways. There really are no roads that would have the width for safety that would be closed or restricted back east here for an event like this.

Most require safety equipment of a certain level. I would imagine helmet fire extinguisher and the faster you go roll cage etc.

On Summit Racings web site they had a Corvette and BMW that were running the Ohio mile posted on the Piston Power forums site they have on there.

With the speeds I have seen many cars at these events run I would not be shocked if the Michigan event also was on a old runway. Not many places to run a car up to or over 200 MPH in the mile that is restricted enough or safe enough to get insurance other than a runway.

Oh roads suck anywhere in the mid west in a lot of areas. The cities just have more traffic that does more damage and less money to repair them. The last few winters we have had just finish off the roads with the warm and freezing.

In WV they made road repair an industry since they have little other industry and it shows in the roads. There are some real amazing roads to my in laws house they have down there.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 06-26-2014).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any information on why the event was canceled?

And yes, the event was run on a runway.
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok first a bit of background info......i went last year and was totally entertained.
this event was held during the annual Baloon Fest in Battle Creek MI at the airport for the Military......National Guard i think.

http://themichiganmile.com/wordpress/

not this is what i got out of their Fourms........

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-26-2014).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
and confirmed!!!! just got off the phone with Barb
obligations not met and a bit of people problems with the MM chief and something about the FAA not digging the cars and planes togeather.

the Michigan Mile is cancelled
http://www.bcballoons.com/contact-us

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 06-26-2014).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a law suite is in the making.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe if several people called Roush and started making a stink about a certain person...
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had lost money and lived in Michigan I would be on Alex Conley's door step
HarryG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

Maybe if several people called Roush and started making a stink about a certain person...

^^^^What he said X 10 !!!

Wonder if this guy is the newest hire in the Roush PR Dept.?
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well as the saying goes... curiousity killed the cat.

I emailed another state on asking what all it takes to get an event like this going... as texas has one... http://www.texasmile.net/
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Casey, they are holding one in Ohio now also.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call Alex, leave him a message that he has 72 hours (or whatever you want) to refund the money. If he does not go to the media, TV works the best.
Then contact the Attorney General’s office and file a fraud complaint ask others to do the same. The fact he has a new job is a plus,
Roush will not want the bad PR this guy brings with him. This should do the trick.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Roush is a big scumbag also so he may not care.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure roush doesn't need the pr.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed my son, an automotive engineer in Detroit about roush. He knows some people there and confirmed what someone here had mentioned. Um scumbags, dirtbags lousy rotten company, he said is a pretty fair evaluation. So birds of the feather flock together. So that guy Mr scumbag will fit right in to roush.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not use small claims court
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I emailed my son, an automotive engineer in Detroit about roush. He knows some people there and confirmed what someone here had mentioned. Um scumbags, dirtbags lousy rotten company, he said is a pretty fair evaluation. So birds of the feather flock together. So that guy Mr scumbag will fit right in to roush.

Care to elaborate?

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joedad.. I have friends that worked and work there and they say the same things... they are just dirty and more than a bolt on mustang company.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good info.....the TV car shows seem to put Roush on a pedistal.
eurichs07

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eurichs07Send a Private Message to eurichs07Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I started a Facebook page to help bring everyone together to try to get a refund. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pa...SCAM/670969612958148
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My friend pulled his credit card payment. The credit card company assures him that they will handle it with a positive outcome for him.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-10-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Cool! I used to live in Wilmington, and I worked at that airport when it was Airborne Express. I was there when the 2nd runway was built.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock