Fiero Community Suffers a Great Loss by MAFOA Events
Started on: 06-25-2014 05:52 PM
Replies: 17 (798 views)
Last post by: jimbolaya on 07-01-2014 09:29 PM
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On Sunday, June 22 the Fiero community suffered a great loss when former-MAFOA VP Mike Mayer passed away in his sleep. Mike was a kind-hearted, truly gentle individual whose passion for the Fiero was evidenced through many years of participation in Fiero events in the Mid-Atlantic community.

Mike had been in the club for years, and served as Vice President from 2007 to 2013. Mike and his wife Nancy were fixtures in the club tent and at the event registration tables. They greeted us all and ensured a smooth entry into the show field for our cars. They did the show results compilations and helped out with the awards. Mike liked to show and compete his maroon '87 GT, but he put the club first on show day, often not having time to detail his own car to its best advantage. Even with that disadvantage, Mike's pre-show prep usually resulted in a trophy, and he had a number of 1st's to his credit as well. All testament that he was, after all, the consummate Fiero guy.....on the show field and off it as well.

But most of all, Mike was just such a sweet person, he was always positive and had no bad words for anybody or anything, he was a low maintenance and a great facilitator. He was the glue in the club when it was most needed. This is a personal loss, a loss to MAFOA, and a loss to the Fiero Community. It was, however, a huge gain for the Big Guy upstairs. Please put your hearts and prayers with Mike and Nancy during this difficult time.

The service will be held on Monday, June 30th at the Buch Funeral Home, 21 Market Square, Manheim on Monday, June 30, 2014 at 11:00 AM. Interment in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township. Friends may visit with the family at the funeral home on Monday morning from 10:00 AM until the time of service.

Fiero enthusiasts who are attending are encouraged to drive your cars in Mike's memory.

(The obituary can be found at this link
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is sad news. Mike was always friendly and did a great job for MAFOA. Mike always told people to check out the Mr. Mike seat skins I put on my 84. He did a great job for the club. My condolences to his family.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never met Mike but I think we all knew OF him at least. A great loss indeed.

R.I.P Fiero Friend, our thoughts are with your family.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad news , He was a true gentleman.
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad to hear this!
Mike was a great man, and he will be missed tremendously!
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very sad to hear. My dad knew Mike from work and contacted him when I first was looking at Fieros. He was so friendly and such a great help. A very sad loss.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn sorry to see this post. I met Mike at a couple events, he was a great guy to have a conversation with.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Posting his OB Picture for those who don't click on the link.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Condolences and prayers for his family and friends.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know him but it sounds like he was a great person who will be missed. Condolences to the wife and family.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My best to his family. Carry on with good memories.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Mike!
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2014 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mike was such an asset to the Fiero community. He selflessly helped out at many events and was always a smiling face. :-(

~ Jen

------------------
Silver 1988 GT
Cobalt Blue 85 GT 3.4
MAFOA Newsletter Director

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP you will be missed
Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can feel what you feel, my dad "huge Fiero fan " passed away 2011... Both will watch us now !.

Sorry for the loss.......... always the good go first
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad Torch. We've lost a lot of good people these last few years...
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember seeing Mike at Carlisle for many events and he was a committed Fiero enthusiast and a gentleman. So sorry to hear that he has past away. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Mayer family

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Fiero friend.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock