My 86' Fiero GT and it's life. by zzzhuh
Started on: 06-24-2014 07:40 PM
Replies: 1 (160 views)
Last post by: zzzhuh on 06-24-2014 07:41 PM
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the story of an 86' Fiero that would change the way I viewed car's. It all started in march of 1986 when this car was made.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The car was delivered to the first owner who I have never actually met. This is just one of the many booklet's that I now have in my possession. This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. It reads "Delivery or in service date: 05/27/86. Mileage at delivery: 192."

This car was bought by an older lady and used it till around 2003. After that she started to have back problems and could no longer use the car. Thus it sat for 10 years until one guy named Mike Valentine picked the car up and brought it to Texas. Shortly after arriving he tuned the car up, put a battery in it and even contemplated this being one of the first 86' fast back's. Here is the forum in which he described this very car.

"https://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/showThread.cgi?forum=1&thread=092530&style=printable"

Mike ended up selling the car to a guy in Colorado Springs in which this guy ended up getting a Shelby Cobra. He decided the fiero wasn't necessary and ended up selling this lovely car to me. Mike and the other guy never put this car in their name, so on paper I am the SECOND owner of this car. Upon getting the car I had never known how to drive a stick shift. Let alone one that was so stiff and hard to find the gears. But after some practice and getting use to, I found love in this car and still enjoy it every time I drive. I know, I know

Here is my Fiero next to my first car a 1991 Cadillac Seville (anyone need a 4.9L V8?)

Here is some pictures of the documentation with this car.

No this is not the cleanest fiero in the world. The paint needs to be redone and some cosmetics need to be replaced.

On the other hand the interior of this car has got to be one of the nicest STOCK interior's I've seen. The driver seat has one tear but the rest is as good as it gets.

The engine on the other hand is something very unusual. I've been able to get 27-31 MPG on average. This DOES include be dumping the clutch on occasion. This is in fact the 4 speed so you would expect it to get less MPG than a 5 speed but this thing just out does itself. Here is a bad picture of the engine itself.

This thing really does make me speechless, it's got the original tire, jack, and the tools that came with the car when it was new as well.

But of course, who can really appreciate this car that has taught me so much in the 6 months that I have owned it, other than another fiero owner?
This guy had his fiero parked outside of a house and I got to meet up with him. His 85 GT had an interesting life as well but we can save that story for next time.

The things that I want to do in the near future is:
-3800SC swap or 3.4PR (The stock look is what makes me like it.)
-New paint job
-2nd gen head light swap
-Rebuilt transmission
-shocks/struts.

Now the real question, what's YOUR STORY with your fiero?

And that is pretty much it, this car doesn't need the lambo doors or the mera styling. Nah, you can keep those. This just needs more power so that everyone can ask "What kinda car is that?" As it flies by at 200MPH

------------------
The wetter the better

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about the huge pictures, Im still new to the site.

------------------
The wetter the better

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock