Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Arraut Motorsports/ West Shore Fabricating coilovers any info?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Arraut Motorsports/ West Shore Fabricating coilovers any info? by JCircs
Started on: 06-24-2014 01:03 PM
Replies: 13 (1102 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 12-04-2016 09:00 AM
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was just going to purchase a set of rear coilovers from them, anyone ever use them before?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed a kit from them last summer on my GT. Pretty happy with them.
I went with the 275# springs (stock was about 250# I'm told) and the ride is very good.

Got another kit for the Indy now (haven't installed it yet).

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Installed a kit from them last summer on my GT. Pretty happy with them.
I went with the 275# springs (stock was about 250# I'm told) and the ride is very good.

Got another kit for the Indy now (haven't installed it yet).

Thanks for the reply. Order shipped
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the rear kit uses standard 2.5" ID 12" tall springs so you can buy them yourself if you can find a good deal...
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

the rear kit uses standard 2.5" ID 12" tall springs so you can buy them yourself if you can find a good deal...

True - and I checked, but the information is so scattered and confusing sometimes.
Some people use the 8" springs that need to be 500# so they don't bottom.
Others use different threaded sleeves that only work for specific struts.
OFTEN no specific part numbers are given, just "for a Honda Civic"...

It was nice to get everything I needed in the ONE box that FITS.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

It was nice to get everything I needed in the ONE box that FITS.

Yessir, that's why I did it. I went with the 300# Richie recommended for a 3800sc swap, they should be on my doorstep right now
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 7" sleeves and 10" springs . I originally was going to use 12" springs but they hit the tire with the wider wheels..
I ended up with 375lb springs and the ride is stiff but not as stiff as I had figured..

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 06-27-2014).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ended up using 350# on my '88 LS4 swap. The LS4 weighs about 100# more than the stock cast iron lump but I wanted more road feel and it matches up very well with the Held front coil overs.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the benefit in changing to coil overs? More tire clearance, better ride (softer/firmer), adjustable ride height, better handling? Never considered it as my 87 with poly bushings and swaybars seems fine so I'd like to know what the coil overs would improve.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

More tire clearance, better ride (softer/firmer), adjustable ride height, better handling?

Any and all of the above.

In my case, the lowering springs were starting to sag from age, so I needed the adjustability of coil-overs to bring the rear back up a bit.

Others want to fit the maximum width tire possible under the fender. The smaller diameter of the coil-over spring gives more clearance.

Those with bigger, heavier engine swaps have a choice of springs for load bearing capacity to restore ride height and handling.

Even with a completely stock car, coil-overs give you more choices if you just want to lower it.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-28-2014).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What he said ^^^^
PFF
System Bot
Internet-man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AQ1 makes universal variable rate coilover springs, #175-350. That's almost a reason unto it's self.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second on the great product.. I'm running their koni coilovers in the rear at 300# and I have the front suspension kit (upper and lower A-arms and adjustable coilovers)... I went 25# more than stock on those.. I also have their 1"drop spindles on the front.. On all poly.. Everything rides so nice and planted. I'm dropped about 1 1/2" or a little more... I've had this kit since they were called HT Motorsports and Lee was working there. I think he owned the place at the time?....

I also have their 13" rotor/ wilwood brake kit.. Everything worked great, as well... but I had to modify and weld new tabs for the parking brake caliper to have it slide on.... Originally, the caliper would slide off and jam in the rotor.. Bad news!.. NO more

[This message has been edited by unboundmo (edited 12-04-2016).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2016 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the stock rear spring rate is closer to 150 lb/in. Just FYI.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock