Time for some mid 80's swag by KillerFrogg
Started on: 06-14-2014 03:07 AM
Replies: 12 (429 views)
Last post by: Rik on 06-16-2014 01:49 PM
KillerFrogg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure this has been around before, but here is what looks like an early run down on our beloved cars. haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7rRAiQFlbE
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 2nd part has some bits on the factory power steering too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKxO_fiZO7Y
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's amazing what constituted "quick" and good braking in the 80's in comparison to modern cars. Young people just don't know how good they have it...
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fell you there. But it is just a product of the times. Improvements have been made, but as much as I love being able to rebuild the duke from a bare block with just a few tools, and diagnose most issues with my car with just a modern volt meter, I very much like being able to plug in a Tech2 (GM OBD2 programmer) into my daily and see just cylinder is misfiring, in real time.

But, I can not drive my Alero the same way as my 84. Yeah, the 3400 revs higher and makes more power. But it feels nothing like my 84. The 4 speed with 4.10 finals is a blast in the city, and being able to use all the power available without having any extra left over to get you in trouble.. haha. You will never catch me saying I am ok with only 90 hp. A 150hp 4 cylinder is what I would do in my car without question, (but I really want the LNF from the SS Cobalt)
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if anyone here has the "optional fiero luggage"

------------------

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KillerFrogg:

I fell you there. But it is just a product of the times. Improvements have been made, but as much as I love being able to rebuild the duke from a bare block with just a few tools, and diagnose most issues with my car with just a modern volt meter, I very much like being able to plug in a Tech2 (GM OBD2 programmer) into my daily and see just cylinder is misfiring, in real time.

But, I can not drive my Alero the same way as my 84. Yeah, the 3400 revs higher and makes more power. But it feels nothing like my 84. The 4 speed with 4.10 finals is a blast in the city, and being able to use all the power available without having any extra left over to get you in trouble.. haha. You will never catch me saying I am ok with only 90 hp. A 150hp 4 cylinder is what I would do in my car without question, (but I really want the LNF from the SS Cobalt)

You are not the only one who wants the LNF. I had on 08 Cobalt SS in Germany no less and loved it. Ultimate "sleeper" car. Man did I embarrass more than a few Germans with that car. That engine in a Fiero would be lethal.
KillerFrogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerFroggSend a Private Message to KillerFroggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I think the luggage would be an interesting find. Not the most useful, but a cool one.

And I love how it is mentioned more than a few times that the trunk was designed to fit golf bags.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

You are not the only one who wants the LNF. I had on 08 Cobalt SS in Germany no less and loved it. Ultimate "sleeper" car. Man did I embarrass more than a few Germans with that car. That engine in a Fiero would be lethal.

You want a Sleeper. My HHR SS with the LNF and the GM turbo upgrade will shock many as most have no idea that they ever put a turbo in the HHR let alone that it is right at 300 HP and 315 FT LBS. I have driven away from a few cars. Also when you light up the tire rolling at 40 MPH if gets their attention.

As for the luggage it works well as it fits the shape of the trunk. I have a set and it is made to fit the trunk well with the bags.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

You are not the only one who wants the LNF. ...

DITTO on the LNF. Where is the turn key bolt on kit??

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

DITTO on the LNF. Where is the turn key bolt on kit??

What is bad is I have a LNF in the garage but in the wrong car LOL!

Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have my luggage set from when I ordered the 84 SE back in 83. 2 of them have gotten a little worn from use, but I've kept the other 2 unused with the tags still on them. Wish I would have bought the suit carrier too!
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rik:

Still have my luggage set from when I ordered the 84 SE back in 83. 2 of them have gotten a little worn from use, but I've kept the other 2 unused with the tags still on them. Wish I would have bought the suit carrier too!

I don/t believe there are many garment bags out there as I have only seen a few.

Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I don/t believe there are many garment bags out there as I have only seen a few.

I think at the time it was another $25 or $30...never been much of a suit wearer, so I figured why bother....ah to have known then what we know now!!...still have a couple of the original t-shirts, hat, and polo shirt too...not that the shirts fit any more...they seem to have shrunk while hanging in the closet...<g!>...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock