What's this fiero worth to you? by Jack Mehoff
Started on: 06-02-2014 11:55 PM
Replies: 18 (619 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-04-2014 01:42 PM
Jack Mehoff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the chance to buy this thing. Not sure I want to but i will for the right price.
It's an 84 fiero with an 84 testarossa body kit. It's been stretched 6" by who-knows, still needs some glass work. It has no motor, tranny, wiring, or interior. It comes with a few more bits but thats pretty much it. Should i run or jump on it before one of you guys do? Thanks.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Totally depends on what you are looking for.

That car needs a LOT of work before it's a driver. IF you have Tens of $K and Tons of time then go for it. Honestly it's almost always cheaper to get one already nice than to fix one up. But if you enjoy doing the work it might be worth it to you.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check for rust, it maybe worthless.

With no engine or transmission, it opens up for a situation where you are not scrapping a quality Fiero.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jack Mehoff:

Should i run ...

[/IMG]

That's what i would do
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RUN!

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 06-03-2014).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ditto

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see a stretch there, except in the nose (that car's got a long nose!).
If I could get the whole works for $100 or less, I might go for it.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had another already running and drivable Fiero, Id buy it for just the body and maybe a few spare mechanical parts. Then just remount the panel on the running Fiero and go from there. Id pay a up to maybe $400 as is. Maybe more, or less after seeing it first hand.
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me? Around -$500. That will be a huge project to get it to look right. For someone who is retired and has a lot of body/paint experience, and disposable income, it might have value.

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT - Series 3 SC3800 w/ 3.5" pulley, 1.8" rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.5" intake, 3.29 gearing. Installed and tuned by Sinister Performance
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'03 Sentra SE-R Spec V (Prepping to sell)
'09 G37x Sedan w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)
'13 G37xS Sedan (new daily driver)

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jack Mehoff:
It's been stretched 6" by who-knows...

Most times that will kill that deal. The frame is worth scrap value.

You're buying only body kit and that's likely have rotted/missing parts too.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run. Easier to buy a full body kit & start from scratch. Too many scary/missing things on this one.
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry but that car is only worth what the tow truck will pay the owner for what is worth in metal (weight) at the recycling yard. Maybe $2-300 these days? It was someone's dream once. Sadly that is how many kit cars end.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see no wheelbase stretch.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
10.91@133.1

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait. How do you know this car needs so much work?
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well for one that car is not an authentic style Testarossa body kit. It's likely a random splash from who knows who. You would spend an incredible amount of money and time trying to source the obviously missing deckled and headlight doors if they aren't included. You could get to a point in the body work - which will need significant work as is - where you are missing or require whole pieces and have no way to source them.

Also I agree, I see no stretch. Stock wheelbase.

Even if it were to be completed it'd look like a Fiero with a body kit on it. If you're wanting a Ferrari-type kit car, source a good F355 project. Much easier to get body and other parts for those, since the kits are a dime a dozen.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some like me, can fabricate or improvise any missing parts. This is a good starting point for someone with some fabricating skills. It will never be a Ferrari Testa Rossa (same as any other kit), but you can build it to be whatever you want. Headlites for example, would be simple fix for me, I hate pop up styles anyway, so Id build a set of flush ones like I did my 308. Theres enough of it to go whereven you want. I also dont see a stretch at all. I just would have no need for the 84 under it. Could even be a fun place to start with a tube frame and an electric converstion for a play around car. How about putting just the body on a shortened dragster chassis with 1000 hp. I always think outside the box.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Some like me, can fabricate or improvise any missing parts. This is a good starting point for someone with some fabricating skills. It will never be a Ferrari Testa Rossa (same as any other kit), but you can build it to be whatever you want. Headlites for example, would be simple fix for me, I hate pop up styles anyway, so Id build a set of flush ones like I did my 308. Theres enough of it to go whereven you want. I also dont see a stretch at all. I just would have no need for the 84 under it. Could even be a fun place to start with a tube frame and an electric converstion for a play around car. How about putting just the body on a shortened dragster chassis with 1000 hp. I always think outside the box.

Totally agree someone skilled like you would make it work. But let's be honest, will you pay more than $200-$400 for it?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id have to see it in person, but I could easily see myself pay more than $400 for it...just to get the body parts. I paid $3500 for my Fiberfab GT40 kit that sat in a field behind a dealer for 15 years. Had a 65 Porsche pan, engine, trans and brakes/suspension. No interior except a plastic bucket seat, didnt run, no brakes, no wiring at all, 4 flat tires. I had to strip down the entire body and rebuild it before repainting it.
before

after

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 06-04-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock