Started on: 05-31-2014 07:32 PM
Replies: 5 (165 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 06-01-2014 12:57 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
able to "host" an engine swap? :P i wana move my 3500 into my 88, nowhere to do it tho

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same boat. I could do mine at my daughters but I would have to haul all my crap there each time. I might try to do it in front of the house. Think the fellow Baltimorons would flip out when they see the car come off the engine. And call the police.
If I can get my, out, in, and wheels back on the road time below around 8 hrs. Mechanical work done, wiring later. It just might happen that way.
On the ground, no air, and what am I going to find while tearing down. maybe
I have done similar in the shop in half the time. Of course with a lift and resources.
BUT
The shop middle management guidelines make it a pita to work on your own car. I would have to come up with receipts for all my parts. Then they have to get there share off the parts. Then I pay myself to work on my car. It to cover liability issues and possibility of theft. Pretty sure the company has gotten burnt before. Not approved, but figured shop cost around 230.
2 days ago pulled apart the parts. Have to get the stuff through the door. Had every thing together on another subframe. Complete with all mounts bolted up(pf course engine/tranny together). Axles right lenth. Trans cooler lines, fuel, and coolant plumbing ready for a Fiero including the stock fuel lines to the hoses near the battery. Alternator, brackets, belt routing. Trans shift plates waiting for the stock cable. Throttle body ready for stock cable. Exhaust, except 2 small 90 tail pipes. ECM with wiring(except from what I need from the car) trans and engine solenoids(EGR, injectors. Shift A,B TCC, PWC, boost) tested. Sensors in range. New EEprom burned.
Have the wiring but have to splice in starter, alt and sending unit wiring. EP381 already in the tank. Poly mounts on the subframe. control arms redone. Already hit the rear frame bolts. Spun right out with an impact. Ran them back up. The right front frame bolt also went well. The left. NOT. I can cut it if I have to but I didn't tighten it all the way for now. I'll hit it again right before I pull the frame. Hoping the jarring will break up a little of the rust. The car sees about 10 miles a week.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking for storage since I moved. Anytime something promising comes up on CL, I never get a response.

I'm thinking of some commercial storage off Timonium, however I won't be able to get to it on Sundays when I need to because the light rail starts later.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlisle in 20 or so days ------------ will you have it done?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Carlisle in 20 or so days ------------ will you have it done?

not a chance if i cant find somewhere to do it! lol
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hookdonspeed

7980 posts
Member since May 2008

Originally posted by cmechmann:

Same boat. I could do mine at my daughters but I would have to haul all my crap there each time. I might try to do it in front of the house. Think the fellow Baltimorons would flip out when they see the car come off the engine. And call the police.
If I can get my, out, in, and wheels back on the road time below around 8 hrs. Mechanical work done, wiring later. It just might happen that way.
On the ground, no air, and what am I going to find while tearing down. maybe
I have done similar in the shop in half the time. Of course with a lift and resources.
BUT
The shop middle management guidelines make it a pita to work on your own car. I would have to come up with receipts for all my parts. Then they have to get there share off the parts. Then I pay myself to work on my car. It to cover liability issues and possibility of theft. Pretty sure the company has gotten burnt before. Not approved, but figured shop cost around 230.
2 days ago pulled apart the parts. Have to get the stuff through the door. Had every thing together on another subframe. Complete with all mounts bolted up(pf course engine/tranny together). Axles right lenth. Trans cooler lines, fuel, and coolant plumbing ready for a Fiero including the stock fuel lines to the hoses near the battery. Alternator, brackets, belt routing. Trans shift plates waiting for the stock cable. Throttle body ready for stock cable. Exhaust, except 2 small 90 tail pipes. ECM with wiring(except from what I need from the car) trans and engine solenoids(EGR, injectors. Shift A,B TCC, PWC, boost) tested. Sensors in range. New EEprom burned.
Have the wiring but have to splice in starter, alt and sending unit wiring. EP381 already in the tank. Poly mounts on the subframe. control arms redone. Already hit the rear frame bolts. Spun right out with an impact. Ran them back up. The right front frame bolt also went well. The left. NOT. I can cut it if I have to but I didn't tighten it all the way for now. I'll hit it again right before I pull the frame. Hoping the jarring will break up a little of the rust. The car sees about 10 miles a week.

i *could* use a covered space behind one of our warehouses, but you know where they are, and i dont want to leave my car or tools there...lol....
might see if i can use the basement of our 1 warehouse, fully lockable and safe.. just cant use it on sundays, just sat 8-3 :/

i know a place that might rent out a section of their garage, but they havent gotten back to me on price yet.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock