Started on: 05-31-2014 01:03 PM
Replies: 6 (361 views)
Last post by: TopNotch on 06-01-2014 01:18 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted over on FB with hit or miss on feedback, yeah yeah I heard I'll blind people yada, yada, yada... been 2 weeks not one flash from anyone. Must aim lights properly to not blind and there are different HID setups, both my cobalt and fiero use them never been flashed.

granted this was just a view in my yard... but I had the fiero store lights years ago and loved them! went recessed.. not a fan, then I had thought I'd gotten my lights back from my brother. Nope I was rolling on stock lighting that made it nearly impossible to see at night

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113 330 HP/430TQ
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they've got a cutoff to keep the pattern low, and out of peoples' eyes.
Good show. It looks like maybe they were designed properly, which is the main thing. (I don't buy that HIDs can't be retrofit, but it has to be done correctly.)

The halogen projectors I have came from hairballrm and have a very sharp cutoff, with the left side of each beam being chopped even lower.
I've only been "flashed" once.
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like they are not in the right kind of housing, or they are not true HIDs.

True HID's will have an extremely sharp cutoff when put in the right housing, like this:
http://blog.onexhid.com/wp-...toff-line-step-5.jpg
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:
Posted over on FB with hit or miss on feedback, yeah yeah I heard I'll blind people yada, yada, yada... been 2 weeks not one flash from anyone. Must aim lights properly to not blind and there are different HID setups, both my cobalt and fiero use them never been flashed.
<deleted picture and links attach to them>
granted this was just a view in my yard... but I had the fiero store lights years ago and loved them! went recessed.. not a fan, then I had thought I'd gotten my lights back from my brother. Nope I was rolling on stock lighting that made it nearly impossible to see at night

Flashing means little. Many drivers just don't.
Dim Sealed Beam can be many things. See my Cave, Headlights

You do know HID lamps need Ballast and other wiring? Many sold thru Ebay as HID are not. Just halogens w/ often higher color temp.
HB2/H4 sets will drop-in and can look as picture above.

Yes, you can find real HID that work but Many, maybe all, are illegal for street use in the U.S. Sylvania made one years ago under Xenarc brand, part # X6054.
Many people buy on ebay but Finding good legal parts are hard because ebay is so full of crap or worse. Amazon and other isn't much better.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 05-31-2014).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to upgrade my lights to the low profile buckets with projector beam lights. I like the tight beam pattern they give off. Gives me better visibility without blinding anyone. Of course, having the beam adjusted properly helps no matter what kind of lights you use. Tough to tell in the picture, but it looks like you have plenty of light and as long as it lights everything up the way you want it to without blinding oncoming drivers I say git-r-done and who cares what it is called. Nice Formula!

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 05-31-2014).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine from tlg auto. ebay kinda scares me when it comes to that. Jamie @ TLG has been awesome also
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TLG stuff is good. Expensive, but good.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock