Started on: 05-28-2014 09:08 AM
Replies: 2 (115 views)
Last post by: Ang84Indy on 05-28-2014 04:04 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone found a stock replacement 12V socket for the Fiero? I've looked a little and can't find an exact replacement amidst all the junk that clutters google searches.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you mean the "cigarette" 12V socket. I replace the one in my 88 GT years ago and picked one up at Auto Zone/Advanced Auto in the HELP section in the electronic area. The original one was burned out. It was one of the easier simple repairs I ever did.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is possible to disassemble the original and replace the bad socket. You must bend back a locking tab and unscrew the sleeve that goes around the socket. Then you can slide the socket out of the mounting flange. Assemble in reverse order. I don't have a part number for the socket, I just bought a generic replacement that was the same length as the original. It must be the same length, as there are threads on the end of the socket that the sleeve screws onto.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock