Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Haus of Guru is officially closed (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Haus of Guru is officially closed by bmwguru
Started on: 05-24-2014 05:38 AM
Replies: 45 (1742 views)
Last post by: MAFOA Events on 05-30-2014 09:46 PM
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

Hell. I haven't even driven it since January. My cooling fan exploded in January and it took out the radiator, some intercooler parts, the hood latch and anything else within the range of explosion. My mechanic thought he had it fixed, but after I got it home last month, it wouldn't start again. He thinks it has something with some wires that got shredded when the fen went out. He is also installing a new compressor for the air springs and he's having difficulty with the aluminum bolts stripping.

I hate this car. And love it at the same time.

I've seen the fans go, but never have I seen them do damage. Usually the bearing will start making noise and that is it. We dod a decent amount of air suspension repairs on these cars....not as much as Mercedes though. Usually the major repairs are leaking cam plugs, cam seals, and timing chain tensioner half moon seals.

Dave
IP: Logged
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn Dave, with the number of German Car questions you've answered since you closed FIERO operations you could have done a swap or two You coming to Carlisle?
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't be at Carlisle this year. I will be attending Pete's Fiero cruises as much as possible this year. The Fall Lititz show is a maybe as of now.

Dave
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The MAFOA fall show is going to be held in Neffsville, PA not Lititz. They're pretty close to each other, but not the same location.

Too bad you won't make it to Carlisle this year, but hoping Neffsville fits your schedule!
bmwguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have too much going on and I can't squeeze the extra time needed for the Carlisle show. Is the fall show going to be in a park-like stetting similar to Lititz? My kids enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and park.

Dave
MAFOA Events

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MAFOA EventsClick Here to visit MAFOA Events's HomePageSend a Private Message to MAFOA EventsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Neffsville show will be held at the Manheim Township Community Park, so it is a park. It's not just Fieros though. This is a decent sized show with lots of other makes and models, both import and domestic. It's not "just us" like it is at Lititz so it's not as relaxed as Lititz.

However, new for 2014, we've arranged for our own reserved pavilion a little off from the crowd and we will be able to do swap meet stuff as well. So you'll be able to relax in the shade at the pavilion, or wander into the center of the show and walk the rows until you're tired. The atmosphere maybe halfway between Lititz and Carlisle?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock