camaro dash by johnlp1994
Started on: 05-22-2014 02:52 AM
Replies: 13 (755 views)
Last post by: johnlp1994 on 05-31-2014 05:46 AM
johnlp1994

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm going to start wiring the dash on my fiero to buy up time until I can finacialy start on the big stuff again.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where the threads went for the 94 camaro dash pin-outs and the thread where the guy did a step by step for the speed buffer to get the new speedometer working.

Please and thank you for any help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do not remember the camaro dash but is a big thread on firebird dash. search jscott1s thread on dash swap

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 05-22-2014).]

Pilot Abileen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pilot AbileenSend a Private Message to Pilot AbileenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

do not remember the camaro dash but is a big thread on firebird dash. search jscott1s thread on dash swap

I did a couple of Camaros in there as well. Someone already posted my drawing. If you have any questions, just ask.

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

The Camaro dash was done by Max The Chainsaw if you've forgotten.

Ear-ick

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome thank you guys
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey jscott would the dimmer, headlights, defrost and trunk pop be as simple as matching colors or do you happen to have the diagrams for those as well? Please and thank you
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnlp1994:

Hey jscott would the dimmer, headlights, defrost and trunk pop be as simple as matching colors or do you happen to have the diagrams for those as well? Please and thank you

I've never done a Camaro dimmer, headlight, defrost or trunk pop, but on the Firebird the answer is basically yes. There is one pin on the firebird headlight that has to be changed to make it work with Fiero headlights, and the Fiero dimmer has to be used with the Firebird switch, (the Firebird one won't work.)
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I've never done a Camaro dimmer, headlight, defrost or trunk pop, but on the Firebird the answer is basically yes. There is one pin on the firebird headlight that has to be changed to make it work with Fiero headlights, and the Fiero dimmer has to be used with the Firebird switch, (the Firebird one won't work.)

alright thankyou very much
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All the diagrams are in the "designing a new dash" thread in the construction zone.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000119.html

The wiring diagrams start around page 15

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-30-2014).]

johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awsome thankyou once again
PFF
System Bot
johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok i have one more favor to ask. ive re read the thread 3 times over and still couldnt see anything so im sorry if im asking an already answered question. but how would i wire the trunk pop and the defrost? i have pictures of everything except the original trunk pop plug. please and thank you again lol

these are the defrost

than this would be the new trunk pop button

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't speak to the exact wiring and colors on the Camaro because I don't have the drawings for a Camaro, but the trunk pop is only two wires. The Fiero switch has illumination which adds two more wires. Camaro trunk popper probably does not have illumination? The Firebird does not. From the pics it looks like two wires.

As for defrost, again it's two wires that function as the switch, the two heavy wires. On the Fiero the defrost has illumination plus it has a light for when it's on, that adds three extra wires. Depending on whether or not the Camaro has illumination plus a light for when it's on, just match the wires to the corresponding function. From the pic purple and orange look like the switch. Gray is almost always illumination. Black is probably the ground for the illumination and the other wire is probably the wire that lights the "it's on" light.

Get a continuity tester and check your work before you apply power, unless you like popping fuses just for fun. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-31-2014).]

johnlp1994

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnlp1994Send a Private Message to johnlp1994Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do thank you very much for your help

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock