Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Jscott1 Indy #1578.... Indy fans, I think you will like this. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Jscott1 Indy #1578.... Indy fans, I think you will like this. by jscott1
Started on: 05-13-2014 10:38 PM
Replies: 54 (1957 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 04-12-2016 10:28 PM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the personalization?

OWNAGE

$40.00 found it.

I have located a source for the T top headliner trim moulding piece. $25.00 for a 50 inch piece.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 06-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

How much for the personalization?

OWNAGE

$40.00 found it.

I have located a source for the T top headliner trim moulding piece. $25.00 for a 50 inch piece.

Yes going through myplates.com was a lot more. If you personalize any of the "regular" specialized plates it's "only" $40. But it still tears me up that you pay that $40 every year. Why do they charge you a recurring fee? Because they can is the only answer i can come up with. Most of the specialized plates give a portion to whatever charity it supports, but in this case the charity is the DMV.

Not sure which headliner piece you are referring to...Is this the rectangular part that goes around the top that holds in the headliner or the weatherseal?
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The little headliner to the metal frame trim piece.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Got my plates for the indy today:

Two things to note for Texas residents...

1) the generic personalized plates don't exist anymore. You either have to go through www.myplates.com or personalize one of the existing specialty plates.

2) The good news is that "Classic Auto" plates are now available at no additional cost. You don't get any benefits like "antique" but at least you don't have to pay the price for specialty plates on top of the personalized fee.

How long did it take them to get your plates? I ordered 3 weeks ago. Tax office didnt have a clue when they would arrive. One lady said that they would be mailed to me from MYPLATES.com. I the read her the receipt. She said OOPS!!

How is the car coming along?

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 11-13-2014).]

fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

All you Indy drivers forgot to tell me about the "sticker effect" After one day of driving it, I discovered that it draws a LOT of attention.
First fill up and a guy came over and admired it. Of course he knew someone that had a Fiero and wanted to reminisce.

On the highway, a group of teens pulled up beside me and were gawking at it.

True. An Indy can draw as much attention as some Italian exotic when you're driving on the street.
I watched a couple in a Bentley checking out my Indy as they came up alongside me.
Even the "ricer types" give it a

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-17-2014).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

True. An Indy can draw as much attention as some Italian exotic when you're driving on the street.
I watched a couple in a Bentley checking out my Indy as they came up alongside me.
Even the "ricer types" give it a

Last weekend some guy in a ricer car wanted to race me. First of all I abhor street racing and never would do that on a public street, and second the Indy is rocking a 30 year old pushrod normally aspirated 4-banger that when new only made about 94hp. Needless to say I got away from him quick, (with brakes) so I'm not implicated in street racing.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2015 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Washed up Proud-4 for probably the first time ever, (by me). This will be my ride to the Ruckus 14. Plan to drive it this time versus the trailer of last year.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of you at Ruckus 14 remember I drove my truck and not the Indy. I had catastrophic brake failure last October right before the Ruckus.

I just got around to tearing into it.

At first I thought it was a hose.

No big deal I already had the stainless steel flexhoses, just need to install them.

Wait a minutes what's with the pads? They are gone, and the caliper? Uh oh.

So here's the deal. I had already bought new Seville calipers and lebaron rotors for an upgrade on the back. But didn't want to install that until I do the grand am on the front.

So begrudgingly I bought new stock calipers and rotors to go on the back. Seems like I just did this to my last Indy?

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I am once again wrenching on my Fieros... With any luck I shall have the brakes bled and be capable of passing state inspection this weekend.

BTW, yes I know the e-brake is not adjusted. At least I will have an e-brake. During my catastrophic brake failure I had no emergency brake either. That is not a fun feeling at all.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your caliper pic reminded me of this:

Glad no other damage resulted!

HAGO!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2016 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

Your caliper pic reminded me of this:

Glad no other damage resulted!

HAGO!

At least I caught it before that happened!

I had already bought new components, but I suppose I should have checked it out more thoroughly before driving it at all.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indy #1578 is back on the road!

I passed my safety inspection, but not without a little drama. I see the guy open the hood and I'm thinking, "this can't be good"

Okay so yes, I took it to Jiffy Lube, For a safety inspection even they can't screw that up, here's what is checked.

1. Horn
2. Windshield Wipers
3. Mirror
4. Steering
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking - beginning with 1960 models)
7. Tires
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old
20. Window Tint.

So I ask him, "why are you opening the trunk" I called it the trunk to highlight the fact that if he's looking for the engine that's not it.

Second I'm wondering why he needs to see the engine. Nothing on the list indicated I even need to have an engine. So I open the decklid anyway. Then I get the ole check the power steering answer....

Well good luck with that.

After staring aimlessly at the engine while a few of the other workers crowd around because they've never seen a Fiero before, I get my certificate. These guy get real pissed when you make them look stupid, but I can't help it if they don't know where the engine is.

Took the Indy on an 80 mile cruise and it didn't catch fire or break down, so that is always a good day.

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good.
So you will have it at Round-up?
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! You're making me want to work on my Indy!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
01 BMW 525i: daily driver

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Sounds good.
So you will have it at Round-up?

Unless Roundup moves it's not looking good. Well maybe I can drive up Friday and leave Saturday night. Hmmm I have to be on a plane Sunday.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2016 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Nice! You're making me want to work on my Indy!

you totally Should!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock