Thinking of selling the Fiero by LB23
Started on: 05-11-2014 12:25 AM
Replies: 4 (369 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 05-14-2014 11:05 AM
LB23

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LB23Send a Private Message to LB23Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was originally planning on fixing up and swapping in a 3800sc in my Fiero but the garage I planned on using is no longer usable. I don't have one of my own so i cant really do a complex swap at my place and am having no luck finding a drop in replacement for the worn out v6 in there now. I'm down to the point of just selling it for someone else to enjoy/fix. It still starts right up and has a bit of power to it but the po beat the piss out of it and cylinder number 6 has cracked rings and plenty of blow by thanks to that causing a smokey exhaust. If i didn't think I'd get pulled over and fined for the smoke I would be driving it every day. Me and my gf have become attached to it but like I said due to not being able to find a simple drop in replacement for the engine it needs to go. If someone here has one at a decent price I would jump on it.

With all that said I'm curious if my expectations are to high on how much this car is worth. I'm hoping to get $1000 USD for it. One of the things that sticks out to me is its the only GT I have seen with a luggage rack on the deck lid.

What I'm basically looking for is an answer to if I'm thinking the car is worth more then it is or if someone locally has a engine I could buy. I know there is a guy or was a guy in Florida with an engine and wire harness for 200 but that's to far for me due to I'm lucky to get 1 day a week off work.

Picks of the car. The videos of it running/walk around/showing head lite's go up and down still uplading
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/LB23/library/Fiero
1987 Fiero GT with power locks windows mirrors, rear defrost 137k miles.

[This message has been edited by LB23 (edited 05-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Step one would be to clean that thing! I mean get in there and clean he front and rear compartments really good. Clean the complete interior. Really make what you have look the best it can. I would bet you would get your $1000...possibly even a bit more. Always, always, always make your car sow he best it can be!
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use the membership search function at the top of the home page. There are several PFF members in your area, and perhaps one of them has an engine, can help with a swap, or may be interested in buying your car.

[This message has been edited by litespd (edited 05-12-2014).]

kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought both my Fieros off Craig's list. I have yet to have a bad experience with this as long as you cross all your t's and dot all your i's and use common sense. Good luck

------------------
Goody

The beauty of a solution lies in its simplicity

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is an all Fiero show in Davenport in August, alot of enthusiasts there, many who own spare parts, cars, and even engines. You should check it out.
Its listed here:
http://www.fierofocus.com/events_across_us.html

Its usually the 2nd weekend in August.

Also you can put a wanted ad in the mall section of the forum here, for a running 2.8
//www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...ysPrune=2&LastLogin=

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-14-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock