My N* by jediperk
Started on: 05-04-2014 03:18 AM
Replies: 38 (1424 views)
Last post by: jediperk on 08-25-2015 05:34 PM
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let's see if I finally got this pic insert figured out yet...

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 05-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I guess not...
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

Let's see if I finally got this pic insert figured out yet...

It looks like you copied the Email & IM link and added the [IMG] tags, which won't work. It also looks like the IMG link formatting within your photobucket account isn't setup right. It should not have any [URL] tags, just [IMG] tags. I copied the IMG link, then deleted everything except what was within the two [IMG] brackets. Here they are with the right formatting

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Guru!

So, the pic at Indy was from the 30th last summer. The next one was taken a week or so prior to going to the 30th and the engine shot was from the summer of 2012. I had all of the seals replaced, the oil and water pumps replaced, new sparks, transmission serviced and a new starter put on (there was something else done to the engine but I can't think of it at the moment, mtbi sucks...). I also had the a/c system completely replaced and the power steering conversion done at this time along with moving the battery up front. I also upgraded the brakes to TFS vented front rotors, put new rotors/calipers on the back, and then later added the upgraded brake booster I found out about at the 30th (the one sold here in the mall) and now I have plenty adequate brakes for street use. Would definitely not track it though. I have recently acquired the Wilwood 12" brake kit, but will not be installing for some time as I will need to upgrade to 16" rims first. Since then I've replaced the heater core and my brother and I fixed the tach to read the V8 input properly. Right before I came to Korea I backed over a curb and it ripped open the muffler. I got a new one, but did not have time to get it installed. As soon as I get back that will be done and the cruise control will be hooked up and finally it will be 100% mechanically operational (so I pray...). I have a few other small things to do after that and will post pics as I get them done. I still owe everyone some pics of the P/S. I'll take some and post that shortly after I get back....

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 05-05-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple more pics from when I had the engine out...

Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more Northstar Fiero to the small, but ever growing list. Lookin' good!
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!!!!! Love Love Love my N*
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, finally making progress. Got the Willwood brake kit installed along with the new 17" ASA Rims and Tires. I'll try and post some pics next week after the new hood is installed before it goes into the paint shop. Then of course in a couple of weeks after it comes out some more pics. It's going to be special
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking forward to your progress...

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 10-02-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013
So, above is the car with the new rims and brake kit...

Below a close up

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 10-02-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013
One more view....

IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. I love a good wingless fastback.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2014 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

I love a good wingless fastback.

I took the wing off. I like it better without it too, plus it's not a distraction in my rear view mirror anymore either...
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been trying out the new brakes. In a word, they are AWESOME! Finally have brakes to stand up to the motor.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New hood and paint pics...

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 10-31-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 10-31-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013

PFF
System Bot
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car. Any engine bay pictures? You all know we like to see that big-A motor shoehorned in there.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing fancy in the engine bay...

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hah, fair enough. Now, are you able to fill the oil without removing the decklid? Doesn't look like it...
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I can. I have a special funnel with a flexible hose attached to it.
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pull the pcv valve and use a funnel..

------------------

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

1986 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

I pull the pcv valve and use a funnel..

That's a good point. I could build a funnel with an -AN end and fill from my rear breather hose fitting. I'd really like to fab my own set of valve covers, but that's another project for a future date. Maybe. I've got a spare set of heads I could screw around with.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chrfab have custom valve covers for our motors. I also use an aluminum flex funnel to fill the oil, works great with the factory oil fill. I believe it was like 10 dollars at our hardware shop.

------------------

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2014 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Chrfab have custom valve covers for our motors. I also use an aluminum flex funnel to fill the oil, works great with the factory oil fill. I believe it was like 10 dollars at our hardware shop.

When the time comes to re-do my heads I will be seriously looking into the CHRFAB valve covers and engine cover (like boozeberry). Those jokers are nice, but like everything at CHRFAB $$$$$$$
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2015 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing major to update. I did finally wise up and get a battery tender. Tired of two weeks of cold weather taking out my battery every year...

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 03-08-2015).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some interior updates:

PFF
System Bot
Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2015 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only pics I can see are the ones Guru posted. Here is the easy way to post your pics bro.

Open the pic on whatever website you are using.
Right click on the photo and click on properties.
Highlight the URL and copy it.
Click on the Image button and paste the URL into it.
Click Insert and you are finished.

Don't forget to use the Preview button to see if it worked or not!

This always works for me, so it should work for you.

By the way, Florida was great and I hope we can do it again soon!

In case anybody is wondering, Jediperk is my brother.

[This message has been edited by Perk (edited 07-24-2015).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use the PIP (Pennock's Image Poster). Not sure why, but sometimes you can't see the pictures all the time with PIP. I might try it the other way in the future b/c it is annoying...
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking car man. I have a 4.9 but an "N" would be wild. Love your interior with the cup holders and related trim. Congrats
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2015 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

Nice looking car man. I have a 4.9 but an "N" would be wild. Love your interior with the cup holders and related trim. Congrats

Thanks. One of my brothers has a 4.9 and since I still have not cracked the code on unlocking 1st gear in my car it feels about the same in everyday driving. Once I get over 3500 rpm you can start to feel the difference. The interior stuff all came from vendors on this forum. They are a great resource and its amazing what they can customize for you...

[This message has been edited by jediperk (edited 07-30-2015).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2015 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*UPDATE*

First Gear is now online!

What a relief...
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

*UPDATE*

First Gear is now online!

What a relief...

Good deal, what was your issue with first attempt..

------------------

85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
Northstar Rebuild

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2015 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happened was I didn't need the EBTCM at all. I just needed to put the original chip back in. The down side is I'm running rich again and the tune is not nearly as polished, but I have first gear. Anyways, I'm going to try and find someone with a chip burner who can download both chips and modify the better tuned chip to not lock out 1st gear. My other thought is to get a wideband installed and see just how rich it is and possibly upgrade to the 272 cams and go that route. Going to be a while though. I have to get my retirement pay straight and get used to the new budget before I spend anymore big $$$ on the car...
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the Rodney Dickmam 1" lowering ball joints, upper adjustable ball joints and sway bar end links installed today. What a difference both aesthetically and handling wise with really no perceived difference in ride quality either. These are really the way to go for 84-87 Fiero's.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock