***Found the illusive factory installed V8 Fiero*** by BlackThunderGT
Started on: 05-02-2014 04:50 PM
Replies: 26 (952 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 05-04-2014 11:31 AM
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not my car!

Not my ad!

Post for humor only!!!

http://indianapolis.craigsl.../cto/4443908228.html

YOU WANT FIND ANOTHER PUT TOGETHER LIKE THIS. WAS DONE IN FIERO PLANT AS A PROMOTIONAL CAR. NOT A BUTCHERED UP JOB. NO FABRICATION DONE ON THIS ONE. $ 5000.00 CASH OR TRADE UP OR DOWN. ONLY 69000 MI. CALL
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a Fiero Factory installation.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Looks like a Fiero Factory installation.

Yeah, especially if that's a 4.9 Caddy. But the ad didn't say anything about the engine specs.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car's so fast, it travelled through time to get an engine that's 6 years newer than the car itself!
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that dryer vent pipe I see connected to the air cleaner?
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

YOU WANT FIND ANOTHER PUT TOGETHER LIKE THIS.

Nor will you find another sentence like this, which is a good thing.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably a Fiero Factory install and assumed it was the Pontiac Fiero Factory....
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey BlackThunder,

I like your use of the word "illusive" as opposed to "elusive" so as to mean "based on an illusion".

That's what you meant right...?
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I threw up in my mouth a little bit
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

Hey BlackThunder,

I like your use of the word "illusive" as opposed to "elusive" so as to mean "based on an illusion".

That's what you meant right...?

Yes!

I couldn't resist posting it that way.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, that's one of Ed's installs......the owner probably does believe it was installed at the Fiero Factory....
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed used dryer vent for the intake?
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could it be the one of a kind promotional 4.9?

Originally posted by dobey:

The car's so fast, it travelled through time to get an engine that's 6 years newer than the car itself!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, the Pontiac Fiero factory would never be putting a Caddy motor in it. It would be a Pontiac 307/350 or a nondiscript Chevy.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have it on good authority that the engine bay of a Fiero was designed from the beginning for a transverse aluminum V8. The source of the info is unimpeachable and told me at the 20th show.....where he was an invited guest.
So, what aluminum transverse V8 did GM have during the design phase of the Fiero, and what did it evolve into later on?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would that have been the Northstar V-8?
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-03-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Would that have been the Northstar V-8?

The LT5 was what went in the Corvette Indy concept in '86, I think. They may have been planning to put a smaller V8 from the Lotus side in it, as GM was doing several things with Lotus at the time, including developing the LT5 and the Corvette ZR1. They'd just developed an engine for Indy as well, with Lotus.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Is that dryer vent pipe I see connected to the air cleaner?

http://www.gates.com/produc...on-control-duct-hose
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula88

53788 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ya, the Pontiac Fiero factory would never be putting a Caddy motor in it. It would be a Pontiac 307/350 or a nondiscript Chevy.

Pontiac stopped making V8 engines after '81. If it was factory, it would be a Chevy 305 or 350.
The Caddy 4.1 V8 was out at the time. The 4.5L came out in '88.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Pontiac stopped making V8 engines after '81. If it was factory, it would be a Chevy 305 or 350.
The Caddy 4.1 V8 was out at the time. The 4.5L came out in '88.

Ding ding ding.
They were looking at the Caddy aluminum V8.....which finally grew into the 4.9 .....

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I have a Fiero Factory installed 4.9 in my Formula and it doesn't have a dryer vent for the intake. They probably lost the hose that was there.
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What's wrong with dryer vent? Lol! Works great (duct was missing from '87 donor car):

Replaced later with $10 Pick & Pull duct: (prefer OEM style parts...)

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 05-03-2014).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

What's wrong with dryer vent? Lol! Works great

I was pretty sure Ed never used dryer duct. I bet aluminum foil and duct tape would work as well, but it doesn't look professional.

n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder which auto tranny they used? (Two dip sticks give it away.)
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They would use the 4T60E from the 4.9.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17911 posts
Member since May 2004

I was pretty sure Ed never used dryer duct. I bet aluminum foil and duct tape would work as well, but it doesn't look professional.

Mine was an early swap, had the aluminum duct, later on they used the Camaro duct....
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of generic air intake flex duct looks like dryer vent. It has more reinforcement to keep it from collapsing under vacuum, but looks similar. It used to be used a lot on heat risers from the exhaust manifold up to the air cleaner snorkel. You can buy them in various sizes at most auto parts stores. I used a 3" diameter one for my "cold air" intake on my Formula when I removed the water diverter box.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock