It's official, I'm a horrible Dad by racingfortheson
Started on: 05-01-2014 10:40 PM
Replies: 11 (652 views)
Last post by: Stubby79 on 05-15-2014 02:37 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So something messed up on my son's 300zx and he needed to go spend the night with his aunt, about an hour away. So I let him drive the Fiero. He's 17, so the whole time I'm worried. Yep you guessed it, worried about the car. I texted him and made sure he made it OK, but was really just checking on the car. It wouldn't be so bad but right before he left I was like, "Son, I like this car more then I like you. I'm just joking, ha ha ha." I gave him the keys and as he walked away I realized that a part of me wasn't joking. Well the car made it back safe and all is well. I now know just how deep the Fiero sickness can go.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technically. You can make a new son....But they aint making any Fieros.. .

Im just saying..
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

It's official, I'm a horrible Dad by racingfortheson

Ayup, yes you are, feel better now.

Don't feel bad my dad said the same thing to me when ever I drove any of his cars at your sons age.

was this the first time he had driven your Fiero and is it a show car? that may have had a little to do with your attitude.

Originally posted by fireboss:

Technically. You can make a new son....But they aint making any Fieros.. .

Im just saying..

Technically we make new ones everyday, well we restore them anyway.

And no I can't make a new son anymore, I had a vasectomy 24 years ago so that isn't going to happen, not anytime soon anyway without more surgery and I ain't ever letting anyone near my nuts with a knife again.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your not a horrible Dad. The fiero sickness is a virus that can be treated but not cured. It spreads really fast and other people become afraid. I am not afraid of this virus. I maintain it with small purchases of medicinal parts and time alone with it to control it. It projects itself to control your whole being but it is a lie. Do not be afraid of the fiero virus. Other people come to understand our condition eventually.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:
"Son, I like this car more then I like you."

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fact that it bothered you so much you posted proves you are not a horrible Dad.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It isn't a "Show" car as much as a nice hobby.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Step back folks, I got this one. I am a expert family therapist.

I can prove that you must be a decent father just by using a few of your own statements...

Ok first off you claim the kid was going to stay with his aunt. That simple statement speaks volumes. The fact that a 17 year old kid would even agree to stay with aunt Ethel is quite profound. Hell when I was 17....

Second the fact that the kid has his own car (STILL) and hasn't trashed it, lost his driving privileges or got so many tickets he can't pay them all, further speaks to your abilities as a Dada!

Third, and this is most important to us here on PFF. Your car made it in one piece. This clearly demonstrates that your offspring has respect for other peoples stuff. He didn't hammer on your car, that we know of. He didn't pick his little butt buddies up at the mall and mash around town doing reverse brodies. He probably wasn't out behind Home Depot or Wal Mart smoking dope and drinking with the other misguided youth.

Don't feel guilty for demonstrating a very valuable life lesson to your child. Respect other peoples property. Too many times we see youth today out destroying other peoples stuff. Smashing car windows, spray painting on walls, car shopping for pocket change to get a pack of butts. It just goes on and on the crap that kids are pulling these days.

You sir have done a bang up job IMO. The kids not so bad I bet. And if this little excursion is any indicator I would say he is well on his way to being a productive, responsible young man!

Keep up the good work! Oh and BTW I am not really a therapist but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you think about it its like 2 birds with one stone, or a 2 for 1, if he didnt crash the car he wouldnt get hurt.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Step back folks, I got this one. I am a expert family therapist.

I can prove that you must be a decent father just by using a few of your own statements...

Ok first off you claim the kid was going to stay with his aunt. That simple statement speaks volumes. The fact that a 17 year old kid would even agree to stay with aunt Ethel is quite profound. Hell when I was 17....

Second the fact that the kid has his own car (STILL) and hasn't trashed it, lost his driving privileges or got so many tickets he can't pay them all, further speaks to your abilities as a Dada!

Third, and this is most important to us here on PFF. Your car made it in one piece. This clearly demonstrates that your offspring has respect for other peoples stuff. He didn't hammer on your car, that we know of. He didn't pick his little butt buddies up at the mall and mash around town doing reverse brodies. He probably wasn't out behind Home Depot or Wal Mart smoking dope and drinking with the other misguided youth.

Don't feel guilty for demonstrating a very valuable life lesson to your child. Respect other peoples property. Too many times we see youth today out destroying other peoples stuff. Smashing car windows, spray painting on walls, car shopping for pocket change to get a pack of butts. It just goes on and on the crap that kids are pulling these days.

You sir have done a bang up job IMO. The kids not so bad I bet. And if this little excursion is any indicator I would say he is well on his way to being a productive, responsible young man!

Keep up the good work! Oh and BTW I am not really a therapist but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

LOL thanx man. He finished High School at 16 and left yesterday for the Army (at 17). He has been a blessing to raise. Never once in trouble and other then the normal teenage go to hell looks he was always good. Now I only have one more at home and 4 1/2 years until he is 18, he may not make it if he keeps pissing my wife off, lol.

J-Holland

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fact that you are concerned about it indicates to me that you aren't a bad dad.
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What? wait...you named your son Fiero? Poor bastard. Or yo unamed your Fiero after your son? Poor Fiero. Did he catch on fire?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock