Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Clearly not all Fiero enthusiasts/owners like to talk about their Fiero... (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Clearly not all Fiero enthusiasts/owners like to talk about their Fiero... by chriswf
Started on: 05-01-2014 07:44 PM
Replies: 40 (1117 views)
Last post by: chriswf on 05-06-2014 04:01 PM
chriswf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was in Princeton Texas. Working. North of 380.

I went to do a U-turn and there was a driveway full of Fieros. At least 3. Maybe more.

And this guy is outside. So I pull up (stay in my car), roll my window down, wave and smile, and say "Hey I like your Fieros! Can I check em out?"

And the guy rudely tells me no, and makes it clear he doesn't want people admiring his fine fieros. It's all good.

It was a first though. Every owner I've come across can talk to me about them for hours. I won't even get a word in.
I even had one guy who didn't speak much English try to tell me about his Fiero once.
Not this guy. He didn't look happy to see me at all.

They were nice looking Fieros too.
Too bad the owner wasn't nice as well...

What I would have done just to... smell one.. or lick it...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chriswf:
What I would have done just to... smell one.. or lick it...

I would have probably told you to leave too.

------------------
86 Fiero GT: 3800sc/Manual, Cam/Mods.

chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

I would have probably told you to leave too.

Heheh. If I said that I'd understand it.
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't judge to fast , you never know he could be a real nice person just having a bad day .
No telling what was going on in his life that day. Or some people are just ( fill in the blank )
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heheh. If I said that I'd understand it.

Pm sent
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was once filling up gas on a LONG drive home. Wife & I were way tired. Some young gentleman pulled up & wanted to know the full back story of my car.

I was shorter with him than I wanted to be, but I just didn't have the energy to get my Fiero Fan Boy going.

It happens.

Although it's not like I told him 'no' & to buzz off.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 05-01-2014).]

jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As posted before, could have been having a bad day and been in a hurry. Although, I guess it is possible we have a Fiero owner out there that is just not a nice person. I know, its hard for me to accept that too. We are usually the most respectful, intelligent, and helpful car fanatics out there...
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I learned why he didn't want me around the cars.

Guess I'll leave it at that.

I can go back to believing a good enthusiast will at least smile at another enthusiast.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go by Blake's... he will talk you to death and will probably let you lick a tire or two!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I learned why he didn't want me around the cars.

Guess I'll leave it at that.

I can go back to believing a good enthusiast will at least smile at another enthusiast.

Don't leave us all hanging like that!! . what happened?

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if the cars were stolen or something.
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hell I've had people stop and talk to me I'm all for it one guy younger first car 4 cylinder fiero wanted to do a 2.8 swap I offered to take him for ride in mine gave him my number and everything haven't heard back and now that I think it's been 1 year.

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113 330 HP/430TQ
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
different strokes for different folks, but I have never had anyone ask to lick my cars, any cars.
I have driven into a parking space and heard an older guy tell his kid, that car is a Fiero the engine is in the back, so I popped the hood as I put it in park. they were getting in the car as I said, "I know you want to look." so I pulled the hood up and started talking to the older guy, still a youngster to me,, mid 30s. the kids eyes lit up, probably 8 or 10. we talked for about 5 min and then they left as I was going into the store.

every day is a bad day to me, I'm in pain all the time but unless you tell me my car is a Toyota and even the engine is made by Toyota I will be more than talkative about Fieros and even cordial. my face may be contorted in pain when I get out of the dam thing but I am always willing to talk to a fellow Fiero enthusiast. people who think they know something about them that really have no idea I can be quite a prick to and even throw them out of my yard. or tell them to fk off, your an idiot.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Don't leave us all hanging like that!! . what happened?

I don't know if I should tell the story since it wasn't posted for the public to see. And its not my story.

But this guy below might know something

Originally posted by tshark:

I was wondering if the cars were stolen or something.

chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

chriswf

406 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

different strokes for different folks, but I have never had anyone ask to lick my cars, any cars.
I have driven into a parking space and heard an older guy tell his kid, that car is a Fiero the engine is in the back, so I popped the hood as I put it in park. they were getting in the car as I said, "I know you want to look." so I pulled the hood up and started talking to the older guy, still a youngster to me,, mid 30s. the kids eyes lit up, probably 8 or 10. we talked for about 5 min and then they left as I was going into the store.

This story makes me hope I have a kid someday. Or a kid interested in cars in general.

[This message has been edited by chriswf (edited 05-02-2014).]

Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a young fella approach me asking about my car. He told me his first car was a Fiero then asked me what year mine was. I told him '84 and he responded with "oh, mine was a few years older than that." He either meant few years younger or he had no clue what he was talking about. But, he was genuinely excited to see it.

As far as the fella in Texas who didn't want to talk, I agree that maybe he was having a bad day and just didn't feel like chatting.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wasn't Lloyd was it?
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Wasn't Lloyd was it?

Maybe
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really my concern... but at the same time, I feel I have to say something... strange how the Internet works isn't it

If these cars are of.... "doubtful ownership", I would hope that doing the right thing comes to mind. I mean turning the other way for another Fiero owner on something small, that is understandable.... but if the cars are not where they belong, I am sure the person that is possibly missing them would certainly like to be reunited..... nuff said
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was one of them a black formula with Norms Flipper on the front and a roll cage?
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

Was one of them a black formula with Norms Flipper on the front and a roll cage?

Yeah that is one of them in the driveway right behind a clean white fast back.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can of worms now open for business
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Can of worms now open for business

Lol I haven't heard that phrase since I did body work on cars.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Pm sent

haha, i think we mighta found the owner of said fieros?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I know where you were too.
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

haha, i think we mighta found the owner of said fieros?

Naw, he is just a guy with a lot of knowledge about what's going on in our community. Plus he probably does his own swaps

I hope he does mine some day!

[This message has been edited by chriswf (edited 05-05-2014).]

jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm the owner of that one. One of these years I have to find time to get down there and finish that project...
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been at this for years and have had been stopped by many a Fiero fan.

While most are nice once in a while you do get an over enthusiastic tire licker. Then you regret saying ok you can look. Nearly ever make and brand has a number of the fringe element and too often if someone has tied into one at some point make them more hesitant with others.

I remember one of the Fiero Indy meets at Indy back in the 90's. My buddy tagged along since he needed a road trip after a bad divorcee. After 5 hours of driving I pull up to the front door of the hotel when I was accosted by a guy all over me on tire size. He was almost like a Fargo like character. I knew the type and just kind of answered his questions and tried not to make eye contact while trying to get into the hotel and register. My buddy was I hope they all are not like this. I assured him they aware not and he found most were cool. This guy kept telling me the tires and wheels can't work on my car. I guess the 300 plus miles I just drove did not happen?

But the moral here is you just do not know who this guy spoke to before as one unstable mess can keep him from reaching out again. There are a lot of nuts out there and even a few own a Fiero.

I remember I used to get the same thing with my Chevelle SS. It would go 'My brother had a car just like this! It was not blue and it was a 4 doors and it was not a Chevelle but it was just like this!" Then they would try to hang out with you at the show like Robin to Batman. Then you see them at age 30 ride away on a ten speed and a back pack.

I am sure many here have run into the fringe once in a while.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

I remember I used to get the same thing with my Chevelle SS. It would go 'My brother had a car just like this! It was not blue and it was a 4 doors and it was not a Chevelle but it was just like this!" Then they would try to hang out with you at the show like Robin to Batman. Then you see them at age 30 ride away on a ten speed and a back pack.

Oh yes this is sounding familiar, I've met a few too.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-06-2014).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

You mean like the juvenile delinquent that we had here doing his community service and said all the parts on my Fiero would bolt right onto his Toyota?

or the guy that pulled into the driveway a few weeks ago and said he sold them when they were new and its a Toyota with a Toyota motor?

people like that I try to educate but those 2 just deemed to such know it all's that I wanted to hit them in the head with a crow bar and say you can't be that stupid.

the latter I was having a bad day myself and really didn't want to even talk to him after he kept insisting he knew more about the car than I did. some people think they know everything about everything and those are the ones that just piss me off!

Steve
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

I'm the owner of that one. One of these years I have to find time to get down there and finish that project...

Finish it how?
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And all of this going on in my neck of the woods....I am 17 miles from the 380 and the 78....hmmm
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

And all of this going on in my neck of the woods....I am 17 miles from the 380 and the 78....hmmm

I'm still in Plano but I'm moving to Mckinney off 380? And 75. I may visit regularly just to admire those Fieros anyway
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still in Plano but I'm moving to Mckinney off 380? And 75. I may visit regularly just to admire those Fieros anyway

Chris...there are a lot of great roads between your new place in McKinney and Mine...half the reason I live out where I do

The FieroCave is almost always open...since I work from home.

Chris or Any member that wants to stop by...just PM me ahead of time.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Send us pictures!😳

Cordially,
kevin
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Send us pictures!😳

Cordially,
kevin

Of the guy I found? He's got the only Fieros I've come across that I didn't try to ninja a picture of.

I have quite a few pictures in "Have you seen a Fiero" today. And honestly... And pathetically... My Facebook has an album full of pictures of Fieros I've seen in person. Just not this guys yet.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand. But, maybe you can snap a picture from your iPhone of the collection of Fiero's, which of course would include his yard and building. I think we would all appreciate it.

Cordially,
kevin
chriswf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chriswfSend a Private Message to chriswfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

I understand. But, maybe you can snap a picture from your iPhone of the collection of Fiero's, which of course would include his yard and building. I think we would all appreciate it.

Cordially,
kevin

Well it's what I do for a living lol. I'll try tonight or tomorrow.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finish it how?

Built LS1/built 4t65eHD/paddle shifters and yeah, it needs a new paint job. All of the latter (except the paint) I've already purchased, just need to install....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

If these cars are of.... "doubtful ownership", I would hope that doing the right thing comes to mind. I mean turning the other way for another Fiero owner on something small, that is understandable.... but if the cars are not where they belong, I am sure the person that is possibly missing them would certainly like to be reunited..... nuff said

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock