Rear Ended, what to do now… by craigtbone
Started on: 05-01-2014 05:22 PM
Replies: 49 (1900 views)
Last post by: DavePatron on 10-10-2014 11:28 PM
Jack Mehoff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you like offroading, you could make a fiero buggy. I've always wanted to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...uzw&feature=youtu.be

[This message has been edited by Jack Mehoff (edited 07-14-2014).]

IP: Logged
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jack Mehoff:

If you like offroading:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...uzw&feature=youtu.be

How is that on topic? Does this help the OP in any way? As stated in other threads, trolls are not appreciated. And no, I'm not going to check out the link. Perhaps you do consistently post on the wrong threads.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

How is that on topic? Does this help the OP in any way? As stated in other threads, trolls are not appreciated. And no, I'm not going to check out the link. Perhaps you do consistently post on the wrong threads.

If you noticed his nick, uhm ya he is a troll looking for attention. Just give him a neg and move on, that's all you can do.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Jack Mehoff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack MehoffSend a Private Message to Jack MehoffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ Totally uncalled for. This is general fiero chat, I'm just talking. How does that warrant a neg?

The video is of a fiero.
Falsely accusing me does not contribute to the thread.

[This message has been edited by Jack Mehoff (edited 07-14-2014).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know PA has some weird registration rules. Id check with PA DMV to see whats needed on a salvage car to get it registered again. Ohio is like Ogre said, after repairs, the Highway Patrol inspects the vehicle and you need written reciepts for any new or used parts you install on it. As to road worthiness, they just make a quick overall glance at things like tires and lights...much more concerned with serial numbers. I had to replace a perfect door on one I did because the junk yard didnt put that doors VIN number on the reciept.
craigtbone

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My insurance check arrived and I need to collect the parts needed to put my Fiero back on the road.

Here is a list of the parts I am looking for:
I am not sure of all the proper names for these components so feel free to correct me if I get the names wrong.

The parts that I need:
1. complete trunk metal
2. Bar Assembly (what my service manual calls it), metal structure behind the trunk running side to side
3. Absorber, rear
4. Facia, rear
5. Side Marker Lights, rear L & R
6. deck lid is slightly damaged so I am looking for one
7. the driver's seat will not adjust forward and backward, not sure if it is damaged beyond repair so I am looking for one
8. front bumper facia and bumper waffle.
9. probably something else that I have forgotten.

The metal "Bracket" (service manual name) was not badly bent and should be reusable.

I have a lead on some of these parts but it is always good to have backup sources.

The body shop is hoping to start work on it in 2 weeks so if anyone has any of these parts near SE Pennsylvania please contact me.

Craig T.
craigtbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigtbone

130 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Roger,

It was difficult emotionally but I turned in my title and received a Salvage Certificate. I was told to get receipts for everything. Serial numbers noted seems like a good thing to do.

My shop said it should not be too difficult. There is an inspector in town that he has worked with and believes we will be able to get it inspected without too much trouble.

Dune buggy, eh?
craigtbone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigtboneSend a Private Message to craigtboneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been 5 months since being rear-ended. I told the body shop to take his time and do a first class job, not rush through. I guess that is what he did. The mechanic that performed the mechanical work is a Fiero owner so he certainly appreciated the car. He did a fine job of cutting the crushed trunk out at the factory seam and welding in the donor trunk. Other than the color of the caulking it looks factory built to me.

The shop owner & painter is a Corvette lover, owner and a yellow lover so when I suggested changing from maroon to bright yellow he lit up and said it would be an honor for him to paint it. He used Corvette Yellow #56 but with no black added over top of a white first coat.

There is a lot yet to be done. The interior needs a lot of work. The seats need covers or to be replaced. The head liner needs to be re-covered, maybe replaced. Etc, etc.

Just picked it up today but so far I am loving the black on yellow.

Craig T
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love a happy ending. I hate it when a minor fender bender sends a Fiero to the crusher for no reason.
DavePatron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2014 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DavePatronClick Here to visit DavePatron's HomePageSend a Private Message to DavePatronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
time to make a notchback

------------------
Affordable Web Design
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock