Started on: 04-26-2014 11:52 AM
Replies: 6 (196 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 04-27-2014 11:36 AM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's 17 inch excel... just wanting to get more info on what tire I'll be able to slap on it. Trying to go bigger then 215 pic included it's from 2008

http://img.photobucket.com/...eY/02-22-08_2313.jpg
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How wide....7 or 8 inch?
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
to be honest no clue... guess I might be better off going to tire place and getting feed back. I was really wanting to go with a 245 tire over a 215 really don't have place to jack car up and look on inside of rim. Wanted to do tire pricing, but I guess she waits till it's on the road
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

to be honest no clue... guess I might be better off going to tire place and getting feed back. I was really wanting to go with a 245 tire over a 215 really don't have place to jack car up and look on inside of rim. Wanted to do tire pricing, but I guess she waits till it's on the road

A 245/45/17 tire fits on a 7.5" to 9" wide wheel so as long as you are not at 7", you can do it.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to pull wheel tomorrow and check the back side of rim. I'm probably SOL. I figure something more performance rated should help over all.

I've read lots of mixed things saying 245 is meant for a 8 inch rim only?

thanks
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've done it before on a 7" rim but the tire places don't like it. Ends up looking like it'll pop the bead

------------------

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:
I've read lots of mixed things saying 245 is meant for a 8 inch rim only?

If you EVER need any tire information, go to tirerack.com. Find your tire using the "tire" search not "vehicle" search. Click on the tire and then use the "spec" tab. It shows you all of the specs for their different tires including width, height, and wheel sizes for that particular size tire. Here is for the Bridgestone tire:

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock