3800SC Build in progress. by 87FieroSport
Started on: 04-18-2014 05:16 PM
Replies: 3 (264 views)
Last post by: ignorant prodigy on 04-20-2014 09:10 AM
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my hands on a '98 Buick Regal 3800SC.

Back story to this engine: P.O lost his keys, ripped the column apart trying to start it. Sold it to a junker a few years back and it sat covered since then.

I was quoted $650 for the entire front cradle, axles, ecm, harness, ect. They're going to cut the harness at certain points.
The motor has supposedly 109K on it, and by sight it was looking good, all the pulleys turned, ect.

-I need to go back to put a deposit on it, but what transmission did the 1998 Buick Regal GS have?
-Would it be a good idea for them to cut the harness by the radiator?
-Since the P.O ruined the column trying to start the car, would I run into an issue with this in the ECM?

I'm buying the engine/trans and all now, rebuilding over the summer and within August I plan to have it in the car.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm that story sounds fishy considering you can simply go have a key made up with the VIN if you are a legitimate owner.. Also w-body ignitions are extremely easy to bypass completely, especially a 98 which probably doesn't have pass key. And who really junks a 109k mile car because of a key? Red flag.

They should only have to cut parts of the harness that connect to the car or fuse box, there is no reason to cut other parts of it to get it out.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How could I get it started? Or at least turning over.
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sco you assume everyone just knows this about these cars..
If it were me, i'd pull the plugs and check them out.. and do a compression test... if they check out go for it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock