Started on: 04-18-2014 02:01 PM
Replies: 31 (1895 views)
Last post by: tshark on 04-24-2014 11:58 AM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's definitely annoying, but it's not necessarily false advertising. There is no rule or law that says they have to fix a pricing error at all, let alone within a certain period of time. Unfortunately they have no obligation to do business with you unless they take (and keep) your money. On top of that, in the US... 'misleading advertising' usually refers to "Any advertising or promotion that misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities or geographic origin of goods, services or commercial activities" (Lanham Act, 15 U.S.C.A. ยง 1125(a)). Ideas behind misleading advertising tend to focus a lot more on comparing one product to someone else's and making subjective claims or false promises.

I have to say, I see a lot of people bash West Coast Fieros. I can say I have bought from them, received my parts, parts were made quite nicely, and I received great service. I will buy from them again!

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Also, the picture shows end links and ball joints with the sway bar. Based on my query, these are not included. The verbiage on the site is that you can get the sway bar end links only, as a separate item.

This has happened with them before.

I like to support Fiero vendors, but not when I feel that they're lying, being dishonest, trying to cheat me, or otherwise trying to take advantage of me. I also don't care for people who are rude. .. I must conclude that this is just a vendor who doesn't care to have new customers.

Business pretty much as usual, with them and, sadly this is the new normal - a complete generation of weenies that would rather advertise for new customers instead of taking care of the ones they have. The striking thing is that it doesn't matter to them even if you're local and walk through the door. You just get it in person instead of on the phone.

Or WCF can update their prices, verbiage, and customer service attitude.

Didn't happen when they were in Marina Del Rey, or when they moved. Ain't gonna happen. You're taking a big chance when you deal with these guys. You either get great service or you get a nightmare.

You don't need to take my word for it - Before you try to buy anything from them, you should do a SEARCH and read up. Pretty interesting reading that goes back years ...

Originally posted by Robertzep2:

I will buy from them again!

Step right up and roll the dice. A winner every time !

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 04-18-2014).]

Robertzep2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Step right up and roll the dice. A winner every time !

Bring on the negative ratings for me....
Sorry for your bad experience. No need to get sarcastic with me! I am really getting sick of reading about how bad vendors are, I just read a thread about GT quarter windows, and half the people complaining have never bought the product. Do some vendors make bad products? Sure! Do some vendors offer bad service? Sure? Where else are you going to buy products for a limited run car like the Fiero? If I was ever contemplating a product or service this forum has made sure that I and many others would never even attempt such an endeavor. So, when you want custom products or any Fiero oriented services, just remember the Fiero community's attitude ruined it for you.

[This message has been edited by Robertzep2 (edited 04-18-2014).]

FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very bad experience with West Cost Fieros.

It was either late Jan or early feb when I made some purchases off there website.

I bought a flywheel, for 295$ and it was more after shipping/ taxes.
and I bought a cold air intake for 165$, more after shipping/taxes.

so first of all I would like to say chris did not give me any tracking numbers for these, did not return nearly any of my emails, except with excuses or call the shop. I called the shop and he wasnt very polite and did nothing but argure raise his voice, or when he did tell me to call, he never picked up the phone.
it took about a month for the flywheel to get here, only for the flywheel to be a used trash flywheel that was not even balanced and was rusty.
so about another month went on and I got the intake... I thought.. first off the address he put on was wrong and I had to wait with a big hold delay due to that.
so the package finaly came... only to find out it wasnt the intake I ordered it was another flywheel.... and I checked my CC right away and he charged me for it, he didnt know what he shipped either after I talked with him, he thought he sent me the correct things and togeather and blah blah....
so... he told me someone will come pick up the flywheel and I will be refunded weeks later still not refunded and it wasnt even my mistake and no one is coming to get it like he states.
now... just recently the intake came in but big troubles to get it. first off, since he sent it to the wrong address and did not give me a tracking number. UPS kept it with no plans on giving it to the receiver or to ship to and the sender had to get it retured. I told chris never mind and to refund me for the intake and to keep it...next thign you know he sent the intake back to me, and I told him i thought I told you I didnt want it and to be refunded, anyways he said well its here pay import and have it, as i said nope I told you the first time I want a refund and to return it as his buisness ways are terrible, short story short he payed the import charged for me so i can take it, and then charged my CC the cost it took to import with out telling me. basically forcing the package on me.

so now I have a crappy flywheel, a intake, stolen money and unauthorized charges, and money to be refunded with a shitty flywheel to be sent back.
and lost time.

and he is not replying to my emails, calls or anything its been a long time since ive heard from him.
tried to give him the chance to fix his mistakes, but does not seem like he wants to.

didn't want to throw him under the bus publicly, but I have given him lots of time and he doesn't want to fix any of his mess so i think its the right thing to do.
if he wants to fix it , and make it right yet, im still giving him a chance but this is the feed back i have for him now.

[This message has been edited by FieroCanada (edited 04-21-2014).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anyone who needs a sway bar, end link, and ball joint package, get your lawyer, and pick up a set at WCF for $270. Or WCF can update their prices, verbiage, and customer service attitude.

REALLY? Lawyer up for $57.00 ????

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not for $57. A few bad apples can ruin things for everyone. If you read a bit further, I also said that they could correct their mistakes..and attitude.

I have had great experiences with some vendors, or people on this forum. Danyel, IMSA GT, FieroSails and RussTTop. Other vendors I'll have to let you know after I receive & test their product.

I have had a varied experiences elsewhere. The Fiero Store, for example, isn't perfect. Overall, no complaints. I will buy from them again, and would rate them a good vendor. I pay their higher prices to keep them around. Yes, I've seen people bash them also. TLG, on the other hand, has poor communication. He has worked to resolve issues a bit, but I can't recommend him. It ends up being better to do business with his suppliers directly. Very sad, actually, because TLG could be a go-to site. As it is, it is better to use this forum or the Fiero Store.

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 04-18-2014).]

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good parts, good service, good rating. Bad parts, bad service, bad rating. What's so hard about that. I do agree with some of the members here that a vendor rating section could be a good guide for this site.

[This message has been edited by tebailey (edited 04-18-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Robertzep2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some people seem to be suggesting that those of us who have had bad experiences just suffer in silence.

I don't understand... You are complaining of a purchase you did not make with West Coast. Nor did you did not make a purchase from Chris Cook either, yet you publicly threw him under the bus in another topic. Keep in mind the Internet is an informal forum and people often write personal things about other users, but you can be held accountable in court for making libelous or defamatory remarks in public forums. The fact that you are ready to lawyer up because West Coast doesn't update their web page blows me away. Funny thing is you would waste a bunch more money on a lawyer, then $57 dollars West Coast wanted for inflation.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are interested in a strut tower brace, please be aware that it really is only a cosmetic item. The towers are braced quite nicely by the bar that creates the trunk.

As for a rear sway bar, you should read this thread before you decide to make a purchase from anyone.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093324.html
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For one the brace does very little to nothing for the car, 2, changing the price is not false advertising.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I looked up prices for a strut tower brace, and a sway bar on the web site for west coast fieros. The price on the sway bar is listed (as of 4/18/14) as $270. However, they told me it's $327. When I asked, Chris West replied, "the price has gone up". Really? No, the posted price is $270. There is a small legal issue here. Either we pay what the posted price is, or he can increase the price on the site. If he charges us a higher price, he can be sued. Note that Chris' reply was on 4/14. 4 days later, no change to the web site price. False advertising. Also, the picture shows end links and ball joints with the sway bar. Based on my query, these are not included. The verbiage on the site is that you can get the sway bar end links only, as a separate item.

I like to support Fiero vendors, but not when I feel that they're lying, being dishonest, trying to cheat me, or otherwise trying to take advantage of me. I also don't care for people who are rude. Since the price still has not changed on the web site, I must conclude that this is just a vendor who doesn't care to have new customers.

Yes, I know that there are sometimes communications issues with the Fiero Factory, and that their prices are also out of date, with no changes since Jeremy took over.

Anyone who needs a sway bar, end link, and ball joint package, get your lawyer, and pick up a set at WCF for $270. Or WCF can update their prices, verbiage, and customer service attitude.

You might want to check your understanding of the law. You didn't actually pay the higher price, so you suffered no damage. You can file a complaint with the BBB.
http://www.newsnet5.com/mon...ily-have-to-honor-it

If the consumer is demanding the store honor that price, some stores will, but the Attorney General's Office's said since there was no damage to the consumer because the buyer was not overcharged to begin with the store is under no obligation.

http://www.consumeraffairs....e-fair-trading-act-1

A trader is giving you false information if they give you the wrong information about goods or services, or about your legal rights. Examples of false information:

The price is different than was advertised or on the sticker price.
What are my rights if a shop advertises something at the wrong price?

Although the shop has probably breached the Fair Trading Act, the only loss or damage you have suffered is a wasted trip to the shop. You can ask them to compensate you for this, but you cannot force the shop to sell you the goods at the advertised price.

How much damage did you suffer by viewing an incorrect price online than talking to WCF?
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What are you some kind of push over pansy?

I swear if some SOB company didn't update their website when I told them to I would burn down their damn building and steal their cat!!!!!
You need to step up punk.

<<<Eww! A negative. I like it! LOL.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 04-19-2014).]

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ahh do not waste time with Better Business Bureau, honestly how many people here check with the BBB before buying?
exactly......
second issue with them is I was in business for myself for 15 yrs and they called wanting $600 or around that to list me as
a 5 star business,, I told them I was not interested so they offered it for $400, that continued on till I finally just hung up the phone...

I ordered a few items several years ago from WCF, everything was great. I have talked to chris several times before on the phone
he was very informative and helped me out with issues with my car knowing I would not be purchasing anything at that time..
and I have heard others issues but who cares the price is lower on his site, you called he gave you a price you did not buy it... If he told you
$270 then charged you $329 I could see you being upset.. but that did not happen. So your only option is if you want to purchase items you will pay $329
if not move on..

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 04-19-2014).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robertzep2:

No need to get sarcastic with me!

Not sarcasm, just fact. Glad you had a good experience. Plenty of others haven't (seems like all the customers had good intentions though). Like i said, do a search and check it out. Why the bad experiences ? Can't say - honestly do not know. Just seems like a real gamble to me (and their parts have never been cheap) ... Actually, i think if you buy often enough you'll eventually end up on the short end of the stick but that's entirely up to you. I'd rather do without than take a chance of wasting my time and ending up losing my money (with any vendor).

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 04-19-2014).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth, I've dealt with WCF twice, both times they were helpful and prompt in getting me what I needed, and the parts performed exactly as promised. I have read good and bad about them, but I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF doesn't update their website very often because their website vendor is slow. They don't have an in-house web guy at the moment. Just consider the website like a mail catalog. Call the supplier for the current pricing!

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 04-21-2014).]

87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had nothing but good experiences with WCF and Chris. I've dealt with them both in person when I lived in CA and long distance since moving to the PNW and have received quality parts each time in a reasonable amount of time.

One thing to keep in mind about WCF is that this is not a high tech operation. Mr Snyder's comments are right on the money about the website. They stock virtually nothing and make most items to order in their shop.

Also, if you're ordering online and not over the phone, do yourself a favor and read the "Custom Order Agreement". It spells out the pricing issue clearly in Item #15. Personally, I order everything over the phone. You get all your answers up front that way.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I worked in a customer service type of occupation for almost 40 years and I can tell you that there is absolutely no pleasing some people and some people are way too easily dissatisfied. I am glad I am out of it.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've ordered some things from west coast and thought they were ok. Their prices are a little high, but then the shop is in California so I kind of understand the higher prices a little. I'm loving the power steering rack I got from them, but it was pricey...
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get the electric power steering?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do you guys reach them?
I e-mailed for availability and a price and got an e-mail back to call but I have called numerous times during the day and nobody picks up.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I'm using the P/S pump on the N*. At the time, he was not offering an electric kit yet. Mine was a re-manufactured camaro rack and it feels great. The only thing I do not like is the steering pump whine. If I was doing it again I would probably go electric b/c of that...
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, power steering would be nice on my 85 GT with 16 inch rims but the price is 75% of what I paid for the car a few months ago.
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, for me the price was worth it. It drives so nice. N* powertrain, P/S, cold A/C, auto-dimming rear view mirror and a host of other "daily driver" upgrades. And I finally found the cruise control module at a reasonable price. As soon as I get back that is getting hooked up and then the car will be 100% with every thing working. I can't wait...
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jediperk

588 posts
Member since May 2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

Check this out. I'll bet someone could make this work on a fiero...
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jediperk:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

Check this out. I'll bet someone could make this work on a fiero...

Check to make sure it's legal before you install something like that. Most states require a mechanical connection for street use in case of power assist failure.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I must conclude that this is just a vendor who doesn't care to have new customers.

I made the Fierostore send me a different distributor cap when they sent me a blue one and the one pictured on their site was black. It took a couple emails, but they decided to send me another cap, happened to be gray but thats better than blue. That was a few years ago. The website still shows a black cap for Part #51022.
At the least it could be printed that part colors may vary. If it was for my daily driver brand X commuter I wouldnt care, but alot of people who drive Fieros are enthusiasts and take their cars to shows etc.

I'm sure places are busy, but advertising and what the customer sees and hears is much more immportant than what alot of places seem to think. To their credit they came through in the end.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock