Stereo by Strappado
Started on: 04-17-2014 01:05 PM
Replies: 11 (562 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 04-18-2014 02:52 PM
Strappado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing some audio improvements this summer so I got a question for you guys that have tried door speaker pods and factory locations.
What setup gave you your best sound stage?
Door pods? Sub locations? Anyone tried a sub in the trunk?

I have a t top so I'm not expecting too much(convertibles never sound good)but I would like to do what I can.
Any suggestions welcome. Thx

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sub in the trunk will be useless for interior sound.

6.5" or 8" sub under passenger dash, component speakers in doors with tweeters up high on the door panels or at A-pillars or in the dash, would give the best sound stage I think.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got ken wood replacements in the dash and 8 inch center console subwoofer tlg sells sounds great
Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroCa - that looks pretty clean. Doesn't seem to intrude into the cabin as much as some other I have seen.
dobey - did you fit an eight under your dash.? How did you have to orient the woofer to make it fit in there? Was it an infinite baffle sub?
Would love to tuck one up out of sight. (You get any flack for that hands symbol on here
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Strappado:
dobey - did you fit an eight under your dash.? How did you have to orient the woofer to make it fit in there? Was it an infinite baffle sub?
Would love to tuck one up out of sight. (You get any flack for that hands symbol on here

No, I had a 6.5" in my car. Several have put an 8" under though, in custom enclosures. I had a JL 6w0 in a small enclosure that was like 7" cubed, mounted in the same location as the stock subwoofer. I drilled out the rivets for the mounting brackets on the stock plastic enclosure, mounted them to my MDF enclosure, and used them to mount in the stock location. And the JL 6w0 with the right amp will hit very hard too. An 8" would require a larger enclosure, but it's not hard to make one fit. Some people have installed a 10" up under the dash as well, with a custom enclosure. That's a bit too big for my tastes though, and not really necessary in the Fiero, where the cabin is so small anyway.

(And yeah, I have gotten some ignorant comments about the Honda logo in my avatar in a couple places.)
Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks dobey. I hadn't thought of fitting one up there .
an 8 would be ideal for me.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ripped the console door off, then had to cut/remove the plastic back of the console so it would fit in there and bought the carpeted wood sub plate from tlg auto.
The subwoofer has to be a shallow mount to fit.
I want a 10" already tho

[This message has been edited by FieroCanada (edited 04-17-2014).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did what FieroCanada did and was not happy with the results....just my own opinion.

I went with one of the behind each seat.

Then I would upgrade to Fierostore's new inner door panels:

and then these speakers in the doors.

Then select a nice head unit that offers everything that a modern "Infotainment Center" should....I personally like the Android base ones...the is a nice single din flip out one that allows stock Fiero owners to have all the upgraded goodies:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-A...&hash=item27e2758ed8
Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see why you chose that deck

those little subs are self amplified too very tempting set up. did you retain the full motion of the seat with those? I'm kinda tall .
I still have a set of boston sl60 components lying around which i will use.
you went with the door skins? how did you like them? saw them a while back and still on the fence about them.

Edit: just saw the "would get"

[This message has been edited by Strappado (edited 04-17-2014).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a Chrysler->old GM adapter harness available?
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Is there a Chrysler->old GM adapter harness available?

I think you'd have to build your own - Chrysler radio end to GM car harness.
These guys would know http://www.installer.com/main.php?page=harness

Pinouts http://www.installdr.com/quickwiring.asp

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-18-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock