SUPER SABRE SOCIETY COIN found in Fiero by Fiero Vampire
Started on: 04-13-2014 01:19 PM
Replies: 6 (467 views)
Last post by: Fiero Vampire on 04-14-2014 11:43 PM
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While getting parts off a Red Fiero Formula in Las Vegas, I came a cross a SUPER SABRE SOCIETY Coin under the seat, properly means a lot to the person who owned it, so if anyone knows who it might belong to please message me so it might find it's way back to it's owner, sadly from what was written on the window, the car was running when it came into the yard. (Sold at auction) Looks like it was in pretty good condition before the yard vultures got to it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.supersabresociety.com/

Wow! That's a pretty distinguished group. Good on ya' for trying to find the owner.

I'm not sure when this particular aircraft was last deployed. I know that it's been a while, so I fear that the owner of said coin may be deceased, especially considering the disposition of the car.

Nevertheless, I wish you luck.
starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many times a member of a group such as the Super Sabre Society gives a coin as a token of thanks. The military started giving out coins many, many years ago to thank people for good deeds and a remembrance of an occasion. The coin may have belonged to someone who would value the coin but may not be a member of the Society themselves. Just speculating. I'd suggest contacting the Society and ask their opinion.

As an aside, we got air support in Vietnam from a Super Sabre Squadron once or twice in 1968. They flew very low to the deck and often took fire themselves as they passed over. The ones I saw didn't have camouflage paint scheme and I was told they were National Guard.
California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Treasure that coin until the owner can be found, many of the Pilots lost their lives in Vietnam due to giving close ground support to our boys on the ground. The Pilots knew of the heavy risk before going in there (low level ground support was primary purpose for these planes), and they saved many lives by putting theirs on the line. 242 Super Sabre's lost during the Vietnam War alone.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I also sent a message to the Super Sabre Society, so hopefully they respond back and be able to find the owner, (the coin has a date stamped on it so hopefully they keep records). I'm keeping hope that the car was donated for a tax write off rather than a death but you never know. (Fingers crossed)
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in Vegas last week and saw that Formula......the entire engine cradle/drivetrain/rear suspension were gone and so were a few interior parts, but the rest looked like it was still there. It was definitely worthy of being saved....too bad it wound up in a bone yard. I didn't bring any tools with me or I would have snagged the gauges and a few other things.

Good luck finding the owner of the coin.
Fiero Vampire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, yea I'm the one that grabbed the Engine/Transmission/Cradle, actually wanted a few more parts but didn't have the time, I actually found the coin, when I came back the next week with a friend and grabbed the console and a few other parts, unfortunately someone beat me go the shifter and cables.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Vampire (edited 04-14-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock