L67 Swapped Fieros with iThe isuzu 5 SPD by FieroCanada
Started on: 04-09-2014 01:13 AM
Replies: 7 (356 views)
Last post by: jsmorter on 04-09-2014 08:04 PM
FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok dont tell me not to do it, as its what I got to work with, and its already being done.

just want to know, who has owned or driven one, anyone got any videos?

how is it holding up
when did u do your swap
how do you drive it
?

mine is only going to be a daily driver and not abused so im not so worried, also it has low milage on it. just wanting to hear from someone who has done it before
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had one behind a V8 (Chevy 350) with no problems. I didn't beat on it, though. It's behind a 3.4 DOHC now.
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am considering this swap also. I have one with an automatic and like the power and the reliability of the v6 which makes me want to do the swap to my isuzu 4 cylinder

[This message has been edited by jsmorter (edited 04-09-2014).]

FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been driving my Fiero with the L67 Isuzu 5 for almost 2 years now without any issue. I drive fairly conservatively, meaning I don't launch from a dead stop that often, and it has held up to everyday driving quite well. the only problem I've noticed is that first gear is a little short, but other than that if you drive moderately you will enjoy it so much more than the 2.5l boat anchor.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I briefly owned and drove a 3800 SC series II Fiero with an Isuzu five speed transmission. I did not beat on it and did make one trip from Chicago to Atlanta successfully (after the master/slave cylinder failures on the initial try). I did not drive it very much and only purchased it for the engine which I planned to swap into an 88 Mera. However, plans changed, I went with a 383 SBC in the Mera, and sold the car to another PFF member so that he could do a swap. He hit some financial problems and also sold the car so I do not have any long term reliability data for the vehicle.

Nelson
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ran an isuzu on a SBC that dyno's 282 whp and 317 wtq. I didn't do many burn outs, but did lots of WOT runs with in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears. It never gave me any issues, but I also swapped to a Getrag about 2 years later.
jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first gear almost seems to low for the duke lol

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock