Started on: 04-03-2014 11:44 AM
Replies: 186 (15236 views)
Last post by: War Hammer on 08-07-2016 03:21 AM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been away for an extended time and just saw this thread. Congratulations Archie on your nice house and semi-retirement. I always wanted one of your kits but never jumped. Enjoy yourself in the south. it's cold tonight in the Midwest. ; )
IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations on getting setup in LV.

Also glad to see you have a nice supply chain for parts, in case I ever get around to doing a LS motor swap. More likely that I will be joining you in retirement before too long. I'm more interesting in doing nothing compared to working.
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Archie. I just saw this thread today. Looks like we moved out this direction at the same time! I moved to the LA area (just about 4 hours from Vegas) July 4th. (still I'm working on getting my '84 passed CA Smog.) Nevada is surely better for that!) Perhaps there will be some Fiero meets in the general area. I have yet to learn about the Fiero community here in the Southwest US.

Ciao,
Michael
vitog44

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to see that we have some Fiero enthusiasts- along with Archie, here in Vegas. I moved here from NY three months ago and would like to get together with those of you who reside here in Vegas and possibly muster up some Fiero gatherings. How about it?
Kurtmylar702

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kurtmylar702Send a Private Message to Kurtmylar702Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in whenever you guys want to get together. Atchie is just 7 minutes from my house on the Southside. I also have ben in contact with a couple of other members that also want to get somethine going out here.

[This message has been edited by Kurtmylar702 (edited 01-01-2015).]

vitog44

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vitog44Send a Private Message to vitog44Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm on the west side, near Summerlin, about twenty minutes away from both of you. I don't mind driving down there. So, so far we have two on the list.
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather something closer to LA as Vegas is a bit of a drive, but I like visiting Vegas once in a while, too. Maybe I'll be able to get out there if some gathering set started. But first I have to pass CA smog...

-Michael
Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Archie I just read this while searching for some other stuff. I know you have heard it from so many other people, and we may not have known each other personally, but you have helped answer more than one of my questions personally and it is amazing the things you have done for the community. I just wanted to wish you all the best in retirement, while we will miss your creations it is truly well deserved.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2015 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dizzixx:

while we will miss your creations it is truly well deserved.

He is still making many of his creations just slowed down a little

http://www.v8archie.us/

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dizzixx:

Wow Archie I just read this while searching for some other stuff. I know you have heard it from so many other people, and we may not have known each other personally, but you have helped answer more than one of my questions personally and it is amazing the things you have done for the community. I just wanted to wish you all the best in retirement, while we will miss your creations it is truly well deserved.

Thanks for you kind words.

As has been said, It's what I call Semi-Retirement.

In other words, I went from a 3 man shop to a one (old) man shop.

Still selling & making all the kits except the body kits like the Fino/Finale that take more than one person to handle all the heavy molds & tooling.

I most likely will never actually retire. If I was retired, I'd still be messing with Fieros, so I think this is as close to retirement as I'll ever get.

If you know what I mean LOL.

Right now, I don't feel like I'm retired or even close. I've been staying very busy packing & shipping parts.

Archie

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Good to know if I ever need any parts other than a full body kit...

Just curious, what happened to Rob and Kris?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2015 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Good to know if I ever need any parts other than a full body kit...

Just curious, what happened to Rob and Kris?

Both of them got jobs the next week.

Rob is working in an auto repair operation & Kris went to work the next Monday for a hot rod & reapir shop that was next door to my shop & expanded into that space. The guy running that shop knew how good both Rob & Kris were because he was right next door. He actually wanted Rob to work for him too, but Rob already had something closer to where he lives.

So, they are both doing well & that makes me very happy.

I talk to each of them at least once a month & we text all the time.

Archie

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still selling & making all the kits except the body kits like the Fino/Finale that take more than one person to handle all the heavy molds & tooling.

I most likely will never actually retire. If I was retired, I'd still be messing with Fieros, so I think this is as close to retirement as I'll ever get.

Right now, I don't feel like I'm retired or even close. I've been staying very busy packing & shipping parts.

Archie

Good to see you are still with the Fiero community. Its nice to have you share your years of experience with us. As for "semi-retirement" I am still wrenching as well. My Rotary lift is still being used regularly. I can appreciate slowing the pace a bit but I learned something a while ago that I can pass on.
You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stop playing.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for Archie to hook up with a tv network and have his own Fiero resto show
Move over Count here comes Archie!!
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Thanks for the update. I would have loved it if they could have continued installing chop tops forever, but I suppose all good things come to an end. I got mine 11 years ago because I knew it wouldn't last forever... has it been 11 years already??!!

V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To All,
I just learned today of Archie's semi-retirement and have written to him privately. I first met Archie in early 1999 while in the planning stage for my 88GT swap. He picked me up at O'Hare and off we went. Over the months and years that followed I had nothing but great support and advice. It was in those days when the owner answered the phone. In February 1999, I dropped the cradle and showed the car at the New England Summer Nationals in July.

I want to publicly thank Archie for his creativity, technical know-how, support, and his willingness to help me over the years that followed.

Archie - Thank you always!

Steve Anderson
Dizzixx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DizzixxSend a Private Message to DizzixxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Well I am glad to hear it. At some point I will save up the cash and pull the trigger on a full widebody with lip spoiler and decklid... I can dream anyways
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2016 bump.

------------------
MaskJuice
88 Black Formula

LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob is working in an auto repair operation & Kris went to work the next Monday for a hot rod & reapir shop that was next door to my shop & expanded into that space. The guy running that shop knew how good both Rob & Kris were because he was right next door. He actually wanted Rob to work for him too, but Rob already had something closer to where he lives.

Archie

I somehow missed this update back when it was originally posted - I'm glad to hear all three of you are doing well and are still doing what you're best at.

I will always be thankful for the work you did on the Automoda Formula, even now that it's been sold to Danyel. I enjoyed that car for many years and it turned a helluva lot of heads.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow - SOLD 9/5/2015 //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/070673.html
1988 Fiero 4-cyl Coupe - Dad's car, the Indy 'clone' - now enjoyed by my older brother in memory of Dad

[This message has been edited by LZeitgeist (edited 01-06-2016).]

CarolinaRigman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarolinaRigmanSend a Private Message to CarolinaRigmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think Archie has put a whole new meaning to High Performance Fieros for the whole
world to look at and drool! I know I've been amazed by his creations for years!

Also ,during all this work and developing new modifications through the years, he still takes the time to
respond to the Little guys with their little nonprofitable problems!
That's what makes HEROES in this day and time!
May you have a good time in retirement!
Doug Meadows
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2016 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Birthday Archie.

[This message has been edited by LT188GT (edited 07-11-2016).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Happy Birthday Archie.

Seconded!

Is it "HOT" there?

HAGO!

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie

------------------
1987 Fiero GT T-Top
2003 BMW 330I
2009 Dodge Charger

FieroNews
FieroNews Spare Tire Cover

Easy8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy birthday, and a quick question.. do you still do swap parts?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2016 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

Happy Birthday Archie.

Thanks Clem.

Originally posted by Sage:

Seconded!

Is it "HOT" there?

HAGO!

Thanks Sage.

It's only been around 100 for the last 3 weeks or so.

But 100 here is like the '80's with high Humidity there. LOL

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie
Happy Birthday Archie

Thanks Thomas.

Originally posted by Easy8:

Happy birthday, and a quick question.. do you still do swap parts?

Thanks

Yes I'm still stocking & selling the V-8 kits, 6 speed transmission kits, WideBody kits & several other fiberglass products.

Just doing it as a one man operation now.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-11-2016).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2016 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So sorry I have missed this. My health has kept me otherwise occupied. It is just now stabilizing.

Enjoy the SEMI-RETIREMENT (lets pray it always stays SEMI).

Is anyone going to be doing the choptop service in the future? (2017)

Thank you!

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd Getrag
Lowering Springs
Konis
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000099.html

1985 GT
1986 Notchie