Started on: 03-31-2014 05:58 PM
Replies: 8 (266 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 04-15-2014 08:57 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok I was going to go make a spare set now god knows where they went last seen in my cobalt. I always lock my car where ever I go

way to start spring wanted to start it up and clean guess I'm SOL

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113 330 HP/430TQ
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never have a car that dont have at least one duplicate set. Usually I have one on the car somewhere and one kept at home. If it uses different keys, I keep a spare door key only hidden on the car and the ignition key hidden inside. Even if they find the outside key, they still cant start it, and I never leave anything visible in the car to steal. No one wants to steal an AM/ cassette player...
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have you looked under and between the seats in your cobalt?
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah I was going to make copies as my brother lost my spares years ago. I have a feeling this will get expensive

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113 330 HP/430TQ
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year is your car? I have some extra keys for the 88 that I used to have. Oh I purchased a couple of used locks to try to repair the trunk lock. And of course they were wrong and not for 88. Hmm you probably do not know the key blank letter? A B C D etc. Let me know if I can help.
Are you north or south of Hastings?
Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-31-2014).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
found... I'm gettin a copy this seems to be a trend last time rhought I locked in car though
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you found them. I've temporarily lost my mind with keys before. I think I'll get a second set made for all the cars and do what Rogergarrison does. Great idea.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just had the same problem. One of the keys to my wifes 200 came up missing and of course guess who was blamed? Well I have checked all over the house, back tracked where I was for two days, stopping and asking at all the places I could think of. Two weeks have passed, I took the seats out of the Fiero just in case it fell under, Checked All my coats to see if it was left in a pocket. Looked everywhere.

I get a phone call yesterday at work. Good news she found the key. Guess where? In one of HER coat pockets. She had worn the coat when it was warm here a few weeks ago and then the cold so she put the coat in a different closet. Well she was moving her coats around and decided to wear that coat and found the key.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

found... I'm gettin a copy this seems to be a trend last time rhought I locked in car though

You need a wife, I have my set of keys and she has hers. but when I wasn't married I always did like Roger said, one hidden outside and one inside as well as an extra set at home, even when I was younger. Locksmiths ai't cheap and a pain and even more expensive when out on the road or its late.

Oh ya, make that 2 extra sets and be safer.

Glad you found them.

Steve

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock