Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Can the stock fuel pump on a 3800sc car, work on a 3800sc fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Can the stock fuel pump on a 3800sc car, work on a 3800sc fiero? by FieroCanada
Started on: 03-31-2014 01:06 AM
Replies: 5 (255 views)
Last post by: mikejhjr on 03-31-2014 02:19 PM
FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
something ive been trying to figure out, anyone know?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump still looking for awnser thx
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depends.... the early style used a ventri hose that would need to be cut off and plugged whioe the later years used very goofy filters. Both years will still require install kits using in tank rated injection hose thats hard to find and expensive. I suggest a kit would be easy and you'll get a big pump out of the deal.
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's almost impossible to give a yes or no answer to this question with so few details. Are you trying to figure out what fuel pump to use for a 3800 swap?
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

It's almost impossible to give a yes or no answer to this question with so few details. Are you trying to figure out what fuel pump to use for a 3800 swap?

Yes. I got a 99gtp and I'm putting it in my fiero. But I also got a 98 gtp fuel pump and wondering if it will work on my 3800 fiero
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly, you're going to be better off with a kit like DH said. Trying to get the pump working outside of the original module/bucket/venturi setup seems like a waste of effort for questionable results. A good pump will give you plenty of headroom for mods down the road.

My advice for a pump, for what it's worth, is to stay away from the Aeromotive stealth. My second Aeromotive just died so the pump going in now is a Deatschwerks.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock