Ridetech HQ adjustable shocks by Bridgetown
Started on: 03-27-2014 11:18 PM
Replies: 5 (705 views)
Last post by: Bridgetown on 03-30-2014 12:12 PM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have any expieriance with Ridetech HQ shocks? They make a shock (part # 22139841) that would fit the front of an '84-'86 with the optional trunion mount.
I'm interested in the shocks because they are reasonably priced and offer externally adjustable rebound. The shocks are made for Ridetech by Fox racing.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of them before http://www.ridetech.com/store/shocks/

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are more well known for their air ride systems. They recently got into conventional shocks, via Fox racing. Ridetech hs been catering to the hot rod/ muscle car market, especially the pro touring scene. They have a good reputation in those circles, and it looks like they are trying to branch out into other markets. I know Fox has a pretty good reputation in the offroad world.
I am interested in these shocks because the only externally adjustable shocks I have found (other then these) are the HAL units. They are better shocks then the ride techs I'm sure, but are quite a bit more money. The Konis (which i am running now) are adjustable, but require removing the unit to change the settings.
I am working on designing/modifying my front suspension to allow me to adjust ride hieght and rebound using conventional coil springs and factory style shocks. This will give me the ability to change suspension firmness and ride hieght front and rear (I have rear coilovers with adjustable Konis) I would also like to add the adjustable swaybars as well. This would give me a completely adjustable suspension to play with at both ends of the car.
I know I could convert the front end to coilovers, but the only available vendor right now is Arraut (formerly Held) and their reputation lately has slipped, and their conversion is a little out of my budget at the moment.
I think I have an idea that is going to offer the same adjustability (and hopefully performance) as a coilover conversion, at less cost.
gwg1995

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking into these and it looks like they only offer the trunion bottom mounts. I guess you could run the shock upside down but you'd have to contact them and make sure it's ok to run them that way. It's worth a call.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Emailed them to get some answers on the trunion mounts and if the shocks can run inverted.

I have done some reading and from what I can gather a "mono-tube" shock design can run inverted.

From another site:
"Mounting Shocks "rod end down":
Our shocks (Shockwave or Coil Over) are a monotube design. . .so there is oil around the piston and valves and nitrogen nearest the bearing on the body end. There is a dividing piston that keeps the oil and nitrogen separate (so you don't get cavitation as there is no air in the oil).
As the nitrogen is constantly pressurizing the oil the shock does not care which way you mount it."

[This message has been edited by Bridgetown (edited 03-30-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock