Things you can't get by racingfortheson
Started on: 03-22-2014 10:45 PM
Replies: 28 (1167 views)
Last post by: racingfortheson on 03-25-2014 07:06 PM
racingfortheson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in another thread and in came to me that there seems to be quite a few things that where cool for the Fiero that companies just don't make anymore. so instead of high jacking that thread, here is my question.
What cool or useful things did someone use to make that you can't get now? One is the GT sail scoops with the windows and factory looking gloveboxes. So what can y'all think of?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at remaking the Switchtray but the demand wasn't high enough:

The Al Lindsey taillight panels that used the square Corvette lights:

Kris Munson headlight kits:

Darrell Morse throttle bodies:

Kamei X1 body kit:

Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
complete set of new GT tail light lenses.
Young people with a sense of accountability for their actions?
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Kris Munson headlight kits:

-----------------------------------
no, but you can get a better kit from embrace racing.

[This message has been edited by FieroCanada (edited 03-23-2014).]

PsychoPimpKiller

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoPimpKillerSend a Private Message to PsychoPimpKillerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What exactly would you hook up to the switch in the Switchtray?
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

One is the GT sail scoops with the windows and factory looking gloveboxes. So what can y'all think of?

I do believe the gloveboxes are back in production... //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/061230.html

[edit: oops, I just read a few posts down that they stopped]

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 03-23-2014).]

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PsychoPimpKiller:

Anything.

I have a seat heater hooked up to mine. Mr. Mikes seat covers with heater. Also, you could use it for turning on and off a cooling fan override. I have one of those too and it is VERY useful when setting in traffic at 100F. My temp stays very reasonable.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I has always liked the X1 body kit.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Real aluminum pedal covers. You take the rubber pads off and drill 4 holes to mount the curved aluminum pads directly to the brake and clutch pedal. The gas pedal covers the plastic pedal. The also had either Fiero or Fiero GT on them as well.

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racingfortheson:

I has always liked the X1 body kit.

I agree on that one!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DTB intake from TLG Automotive.

PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney's FULL Gen 1 headlight motor kit with limit switches.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KFG exhaust manifolds, made out of 304 or 321 stainless:
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

DTB intake from TLG Automotive.

It was for the v6 if I Remember and was 2 grand.
For the performance the v6 puts out and what this adds to it, it's still much more smarter to put that 2k towards a swap .
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

I see you're using the mats I made for you! How are they holding up?
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darrel Morse strut brace for 84-87's
Rear trunk covers from FierosForever
86-88 GT tail light painting (Eric Hinnekamp)
84-87 driveline absorber (Fierostore)
Focoa V6 headers

Kit
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

86-88 GT tail light painting (Eric Hinnekamp)

Kit

It's a shame because if I had more time, I would continue refinishing GT lenses also.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The IRM catalog had a talking blue dingy thingy.

oem quality gt quarter windows

a 1.5 din radio with blue tooth, mp3 function, and most important stereo controls.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had the same switch so I could turn on the cooling fan when I was stuck in traffic. Worked like a champ several times when it was needed.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I remote mounted the controls for my holley projection unit in it way back when...
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I had the same switch so I could turn on the cooling fan when I was stuck in traffic. Worked like a champ several times when it was needed.

If you have AC, turning it on will turn on the front fan.

PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Real aluminum pedal covers. You take the rubber pads off and drill 4 holes to mount the curved aluminum pads directly to the brake and clutch pedal. The gas pedal covers the plastic pedal. The also had either Fiero or Fiero GT on them as well.

Wouldn't they be slippery if your shoes were wet?
Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Wouldn't they be slippery if your shoes were wet?

I've been using a pair in my car for about a year, I guess. All kinds of weather. Never noticed them being slippery when wet. They are made from shop floor mat material. I would expect the manufacturers to attempt to make them as non-slip as economically possible.

More info: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/065895.html

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 03-25-2014).]

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Satisfaction.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I've been using a pair in my car for about a year, I guess. All kinds of weather. Never noticed them being slippery when wet. They are made from shop floor mat material. I would expect the manufacturers to attempt to make them as non-slip as economically possible.

I was talking about pedals....

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I think he was asking about the pedals, not the floor mats. Yes, smooth polished pedals can be slippery. The S-10 I used to have had the rubber pads worn off/removed, and the pedals were slippery. There are some good pedal designs that are designed not to slip, but I don't know if any fit in the Fiero. I have some fake Mugen sports pedals in my del Sol, that grip really well (they have a hard steel wool style to them, for gripping), that look like this:

[img]https://passwordjdm.com/images/Products/2965L.jpg[/img]

The clutch/brake pedals might fit the Fiero. Haven't tried to fit them. You can pick up the fake ones for cheap on eBay though. There are plenty of similar styles that have similar machining or features to help with grip. Some skateboard grip tape on the polished pedals might help too.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Some skateboard grip tape on the polished pedals might help too.

That was my thought, then why have polished pedals, when you have to cover them

Eh... I guess I don't look at pedals as something pretty, more functional and the more grip, the better (brake and clutch).

Boostdreamer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I was talking about pedals....

DOH!!

racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A new 2014 Fiero

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock