Started on: 03-19-2014 08:54 PM
Replies: 14 (166 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 03-21-2014 07:56 AM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Wife has this wild idea that we should look for employment in ND. So I thought I would see if there any Fieros in ND. Me I'd rather move to Texas or OK.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-20-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oil field work? The wild wild west?
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's fieros and work up in Canada , just a little north of that location.. But that's just more of a wild idea eh? .

------------------

RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are a few fieros in ND. You don't see many on the roads. Those with nice ones keep them garaged.

I have lived here my whole life, except for a few years in Arizona and Washington state. Its a great place if you can stand the winters. Your biggest issue is going to be housing. The further north and west you go in the state the harder it is going to be able to find.

The oil boom has created some new problems for us, but its still a great place. Low crime, high graduation rates, great public school etc.. The oil tax money is currently paying 30% of my property taxes!!

If you have a trade skill and can pass a drug test, you won't have any problem finding a job.

LMK if you have any questions.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

oil field work? The wild wild west?

No I am to old to work in the oil field.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by RossT:

There are a few fieros in ND. You don't see many on the roads. Those with nice ones keep them garaged.

I have lived here my whole life, except for a few years in Arizona and Washington state. Its a great place if you can stand the winters. Your biggest issue is going to be housing. The further north and west you go in the state the harder it is going to be able to find.

The oil boom has created some new problems for us, but its still a great place. Low crime, high graduation rates, great public school etc.. The oil tax money is currently paying 30% of my property taxes!!

If you have a trade skill and can pass a drug test, you won't have any problem finding a job.

She saw some nice homes in Bismark. She saw an article that says there are jobs that pay six figures. I told her the cost of living is higher in ND. We would have to find employment, sell out home and move.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a co-worker whose parents still live in williston. when she visits she won't go out at night alone. crime is terrible further west you go. Did anyone tell you the six figure jobs are 80 hours a week for 3 weeks 7 days a week and then 1 week off? My son just about went there, had a place lined up to live. Glad he didn't go.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes there are Fieros in North Dakota.

Fargo, Grand Forks, Valley City, Jamestown to name a few place with them.

I am in Moorhead, MN just across the river from Fargo, and there are a few here as well
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I have a co-worker whose parents still live in williston. when she visits she won't go out at night alone. crime is terrible further west you go. Did anyone tell you the six figure jobs are 80 hours a week for 3 weeks 7 days a week and then 1 week off? My son just about went there, had a place lined up to live. Glad he didn't go.

Thanks for the info. I am to old for that kind of work. Doesnt sound like a nice place to live. Eastern and southern ND sounds good but I am sure they dont have the high $ jobs. So I guess we will stay in Michigan with our low paying jobs. My wife has a masters and her pay sucks, I have a bacholers and cant seem to get out of the 9 to 10 dollar per hour rut. But there are a lot of Fieros in Michigan.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Thanks to all for the information.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by RossT:

I noticed a lot of the new homes have the garage attached and out front. We have a new Bi Level and it is the same. I noticed the garages are larger is that so the cars are inside at night for the cold weather? I noticed several there were fairly new had insulated and heated garages. Now that's what I like! The listing web site started with a Z. The nice homes were in Bismark, Fargo, Grand Forks etc all away from Williston.

Questions? Sure are any of those high dollar jobs we here about in the news in your area?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-20-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though the western and northwestern part of the state is a pretty tough area I have relatives around Jamestown, Valley City and near Moorhead and they wouldn't live anywhere else. My mom and dad are originally from ND. good paying jobs can be tough to find in most states. Hope something works out for you.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grantman thanks. My wife saw the article that mentioned six figure income and got all excited. About 3-4 years ago when things were starting in ND she wanted to move, but I wasnt ready to move 1100 miles from family. I used to snow ski and snowmobile when I was a young man, but now if my fingers get cold they are painful. So I could not work in the cold in the oilfields unless I was doing something were it was inside.
RossT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the nicer homes have heated garages. This is a link to my newly remodled garage:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/103411.html

Bismarck is nice because you have hills, rivers and lakes all close by. We don't have the crime issues that they do in the NW part of the state. If you look closely at the stats, you will see that crime has gone up in those areas but the population has more thand double too. The state is also using a good chunck of the oil tax revenue to address those situations.

Many of the companies that do business in the bakken have there offices and keep there families in other parts fo the state. The cost of housing is rather high, but most everything else is much cheaper than other parts fo the country. Cost of electicity and insurance are two good examples.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well RossT I guess we will explore our options. I would like to make what I used in the 90's. Then I could fix this bucket of bolts. Nice garage by the way

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-21-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock