Fiero parts cost are going thru the roof lately by spcearle
Started on: 03-13-2014 07:50 PM
Replies: 24 (771 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 03-21-2014 03:18 PM
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I just emailed a store that deals with new and used parts for fieros and wow.......
Black 84 switches(now I know these are hard to find but....) 350+ for the 2 windows,power mirror and headlight
Maybe I'm just cheap but that seems outrageous
Is supply and demand really affecting prices this much on our cars...
I'll drive to every yard within 2-300 miles searching b4
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should post the store name on here. I already have an idea who you dealt with.

To answer your question, no..... parts are still reasonably priced....especially if you go to a junkyard. I don't know the difference but the Fiero Store sells 85-88 switches for $25 each. Would they work for you or are they different?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-13-2014).]

Alblindi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlblindiSend a Private Message to AlblindiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
E-Mail The Fiero Factory. Just visited them today, they have tons upon tons of spare parts.
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't wanna post the name of the place because they are members on here....
I'll try the fiero factory cause I wanted a quote all the same on shipment cost on a sunroof panel
As for the parts the 84s had black switches which is what I'm looking for and I'm also looking for a pm switch since mine is completely broken but this place wanted 150 for the mirror/ 75 each for the window and 65 for the headlight which all just seems to much to me
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spcearle:

Don't wanna post the name of the place because they are members on here....

Go ahead and post away. If someone is charging way above market price then the rest of us should be aware of that fact. There is nothing wrong with posting the truth.
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroparts.com

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Go ahead and post away. If someone is charging way above market price then the rest of us should be aware of that fact. There is nothing wrong with posting the truth.

Yep.

Looks like most of their prices are good.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-14-2014).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll drive to every yard within 2-300 miles searching b4

About 90% of the Fieros I see in junkyards are 84s, so eventually you might find something. The challenge is finding the power windows and mirrors; I'd guess not that many had them and if they did they are picked over already.

Sometimes there are other sources though. http://www.hawksthirdgenpar...eadlight-Switch.html is an all-black headlight switch judging by the picture.

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't other GM products use the same switches as '84s? (black buttons)
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Fieroparts.com is price gouging on parts or charging more than a fair price then we should just stop buying anything from them,capitalism is good but stealing and ripping off customers very very bad shame on you.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So I just emailed a store that deals with new and used parts for fieros and wow.......
Black 84 switches(now I know these are hard to find but....) 350+ for the 2 windows,power mirror and headlight

It looks like ebay has those black headlight switch for $13 and up?

"CARQUEST 5322453, DS294,NAPA HL6671" etc

The black window switches are a rip most places.
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it would be great if someone was making the white lettering on these parts, I have a few of the black 84 parts, but the white lettering is warn off. Not sure a vinyl sticker would stick, it may take paint to recreate the original look.

rob
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

it would be great if someone was making the white lettering on these parts, I have a few of the black 84 parts, but the white lettering is warn off. Not sure a vinyl sticker would stick, it may take paint to recreate the original look.

rob

Do you just have the mirror or all of them... You interested in selling at all
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieroparts.com

I kinda knew that...Tim is very proud of his parts. I started to buy some P seals for my t-tops until I saw the price. I would put wadded up toilet paper in there before I paid what he is asking. But it's a free country, he can ask whatever price he wants and I will go without P seals.
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROBBERY ROBBERY and shame on him for being so greedy,yes it is a free country but to blatantly rip off your Fieroites like this is CRIMINAL.It makes me so angry that I would like to punch him in the face grrrrrr.Stop supporting him and let him shove the parts up his A$$.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CRAP

Just checked the prices:
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
To answer your question, no.....

I paid way to much for a front fender in the late 90's. No matter when or where, there is always someone that is willing to charge way more for something of those whom don't know any better to shop around.

Just like some people think their Fiero is worth thousands, they don't understand it's a run of the mill with no frills to the average Fiero enthusiast. While a lot of others think it's worthless.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not the same subject, but years ago, I got into a "bidding war" with someone on Ebay over a rear spoiler. The spoiler was red like my car, and had the exact same amount of "clear coat delamination" that my car had. I wanted it bad, and so did he, in the end I won, but paid about 2-3 times the amount that I should have. Good news is that once I put it on the car, it looked like it was stock, but that still has to be the most expensive spoiler ever sold on Ebay.

Rob
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

ROBBERY ROBBERY and shame on him for being so greedy,yes it is a free country but to blatantly rip off your Fieroites like this is CRIMINAL.It makes me so angry that I would like to punch him in the face grrrrrr.Stop supporting him and let him shove the parts up his A$$.

Really?
His parts, his price. That's the way it works.
Grow up.

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2014 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh olejoe. Of course it is his choice even if it is a bad one. All were doing is helping people avoid a ripoff situation. What's your stake in it? Over pricing, high shipping costs, etc will lead to the fiero crowd to shop elsewhere. Your right he can charge what he likes.......at the same time we CAN warn others of his business praftices. Don't waste my time dude.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speaking of parts. I need a driver's side notchie tail light that isn't warped or cracked. What should I expect to pay for it and does anyone have one?
PFF
System Bot
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Speaking of parts. I need a driver's side notchie tail light that isn't warped or cracked. What should I expect to pay for it and does anyone have one?

If I was back in upstate ny I could help you out with that one.... I know a yard that has about 7 notchies all parked in a roll that have been there for as long as I can remember but that is now almost 400 miles away
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If I was back in upstate ny I could help you out with that one.... I know a yard that has about 7 notchies all parked in a roll that have been there for as long as I can remember but that is now almost 400 miles away

Where is that yard? I'm from upstate NY and might be interested in looking at those notchies.
spcearle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bergen ny outside of rochester
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Re: Fieroparts.com - his prices have been like that since I can remember, and if you think you have it bad, at least you don't live in Canada (shipping costs are even more stupid, plus our dollar has recently took a nose dive which makes it even that much more).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock