bigger wheels - lowered and alingment opinions by jon m
Started on: 03-13-2014 12:30 PM
Replies: 3 (500 views)
Last post by: jon m on 03-14-2014 04:53 AM
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi - my main question is has anyone encountered any problems with alignment once their car was lowered and aftermarket wheels fitted.

my 87 has front lowering springs - rear coil overs and 18" alloys and it is booked in for alignment on Tuesday is there anything I should be aware of to point out to the tech who will be doing the job?

thanks in advance
jon
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there are no clearance issues you should have the alignment set to factory specs. I have Ebachs all around and run 225/40ZR18 on all corners. I tried several settings and found the original factory setting felt best for me.

Mike parker
S-toon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure to tell them, and show them where the coolant tubes are under the car so that they don't crush them! That's what I did when I took mine in to Big O Tires for an alignment.

Took it in after I put poly all around, new shocks & struts, cut 2 coils off the front, and diy coilovers on the back, 10" 300# springs with 7" long sleevs with the springs sitting about half way on the sleeves, on 17" rims. It was pretty low but no problems with them getting it aligned.

Got it aligned last August, I think.
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for that guy's - didn't want to think I have done all that work for nothing.

jon

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock