Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Is Italian for 'This Car Sucks' (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Is Italian for 'This Car Sucks' by sricka01
Started on: 03-04-2014 08:23 PM
Replies: 51 (1836 views)
Last post by: bmwguru on 03-14-2014 04:14 AM
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I quit reading when I saw the engine rubbed against the radiator

He said radiator hose.
IP: Logged
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by markkrug:

I find it interesting that he writes that story for no reason after all these years. Maybe he saw a Fiero recently and in his jealousy that he's not driving it, he lashed out. Like sour grapes...

He is writing it because his career never really took off and subconsciously knows that he is the mental equivelant of a unic.
(IMy thoughts on why)
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:
He is writing it because his career never really took off and subconsciously knows that he is the mental equivelant of a unic.
(IMy thoughts on why)

Not really. He just likes to complain. He's trying to be the "What Grinds My Gears" Peter from Family Guy, and pretty much sucks at doing it. All of his writings are just him complaining about something. Heck, his Twitter profile is "Conflict and Scotch." He just likes to complain about things and get a rise out of people who are fans of whatever he is complaining about. So, I'm sure he loves this thread.

Also, it's eunuch. But you've got absolutely no reason to speculate on his mental state, or to make personal insults. Doing so only gives him what he wants anyway, and points out your own flaws.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That def. was a sarcastic comment, I guess he took it literally... I definitely don't represent this forum as a whole, but again, I think he's an idiot.

-Mitch
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Owned the car for 15,000 miles before reading the owner's manual and only did so then to figure out where the fuse box was.
That's all I need to know about the type of owner she is. The car can't make up for an ignorant, negligent owner.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 03-08-2014).]

PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:
Even the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's were not that great.

Imagine driving a Countach through a blizzard... That would be so awesome!

sorry, I'll try to stop my off-topic drooling

[This message has been edited by PerKr (edited 03-08-2014).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have no doubt that the chick that owned the car was one of those "put gas in it" and drive it type, with no idea what "routine maintanance" is.
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My new 87 GT broke a 5 and reverse cable. Took 2 months to fix. I pick it up , drive it down the road and it catches on fire. The throttle clip either fell off or was not put on so the cable fell on the exhaust manifold and started flaming.. not the cars fault. I love the 87 GT I own now.I do not read the huffington post.
conflictandscotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for conflictandscotchSend a Private Message to conflictandscotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

That is to be expected. He does not know how to drive a manual trans vehicle so it's the cars fault. We comment on his lack of mechanical skills and make fun of his ignorance and he thinks we hate him.

Trans going at 12k and mounts wearing out that quickly suggests he has no idea on how to properly shift a manual transmission. He was probably banging the gears and popping the clutch with every shift. That type of shifting will kill a transmission and wear out engine/trans mounts quickly. The wiper issue most likely happened because he was too lazy to clean off snow/ice off the windshield.

Maybe he can do another article on the faults of all the other cars he has owned over the past 30 years. Based on this article, I am betting he has gone through many cars over the years.
Of course if you google his name you can see he has quite a few articles written in the same "lack of common sense" style. LOL

conflictandscotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for conflictandscotchSend a Private Message to conflictandscotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

conflictandscotch

2 posts
Member since Mar 2014

Originally posted by Oreif:

That is to be expected. He does not know how to drive a manual trans vehicle so it's the cars fault. We comment on his lack of mechanical skills and make fun of his ignorance and he thinks we hate him.

Trans going at 12k and mounts wearing out that quickly suggests he has no idea on how to properly shift a manual transmission. He was probably banging the gears and popping the clutch with every shift. That type of shifting will kill a transmission and wear out engine/trans mounts quickly. The wiper issue most likely happened because he was too lazy to clean off snow/ice off the windshield.

Maybe he can do another article on the faults of all the other cars he has owned over the past 30 years. Based on this article, I am betting he has gone through many cars over the years.

Good morning - You did not hurt my feelings, and when I said you guys hate me it was because Mitch Lambert literally said, "you article was awful and you evoked the HATRED of everyone on the forum fiero.com" - if you had actually hurt my feelings would I have posted it on facebook and twitter? But let me clear up a few things....first of all you keep calling me an idiot - and you know what? You are absolutely right - I know nothing about cars and I admire the fact that you do - I wish I knew as much as you guys - to keep a car on road for almost 30 years is amazing - I'm happy that I can turn the key in the morning and the car starts....the second thing is that this was not my car - it was my girlfriends car and she absolutely knew how to drive a stick - this was not her first car with manual transmission - she used to race motorcycles and worked in a garage so saying she somehow damaged the transmission because she didn't know how to drive it is ridiculous....what happened with this car is what happened...the trans went at 12K and the engine would shake...the radiator hose was sliced and I could only assume that happened with the engine shaking - am I wrong? maybe - but explain what would slice the hose - and the windshield wiper did stop working in the middle of a snow storm...it wasn't ice built up on the windshield....explain to me why it would stop working?? And you say I whine in my articles - and to that i have to say, "**** yeah" they're suppose to be funny - maybe they're not - I poke more fun at myself then at anyone else...anyway, sorry if I hurt your feelings, but that car was bad and we had a lot of problems with it....

Of course if you google his name you can see he has quite a few articles written in the same "lack of common sense" style. LOL

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by conflictandscotch:

I'm sorry that I said that. I hope it wasn't taken literally. It was wrong for me to assume a position which included the entire forum. I also shouldn't have name called.

On another note, the people who usually frequent this site are usually very friendly, and always want to loan a helping hand. Personally I felt insulted, as if our cars didn't get enough crap over the years, it just keeps getting rehashed. I'm young and newer to Fieros, I just have to say the Fiero is probably one of the best cars ever made. I enjoy nothing more than a cruise with the Southwest Idaho Fiero Club on a nice cool day. I hope I personally didn't offend you too bad, and as always,

Welcome to the Forum.

-Mitch

PS. This is why you always got waved at when you saw another one:

PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by conflictandscotch:

Al,

A lot of Fiero owners take things personally because we spend Porsche money on a car that is worth $5000. I have over $70,000 in my orange and black GT, but that is by choice. I work on Porsche's and BMW's everyday and I really enjoy the Fiero because I fit in it very well, I know every inch of the car and I don't really care what others think. Other Fiero owners are the cheapest people I have ever met and they wouldn't spend $1 on parts they need. Actually, this applies to more than Fiero owners.

I find that some cars are just plain lemons and they are always in the shop. Other times the owners don't realize that they are the reason their car is a pile of poo. Some people only bring me their car on a tow truck and I tell them that if I looked at the car when it started showing symptoms, it would be $1000 cheaper.

Dave

www.njautobahn.com

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors