Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  FIEROS on Hot Rod Power Tour 2014 (last 3 stops) - NIFE Meeting up locations (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FIEROS on Hot Rod Power Tour 2014 (last 3 stops) - NIFE Meeting up locations by ltlgt88
Started on: 03-02-2014 01:15 PM
Replies: 114 (2824 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 06-25-2014 03:50 PM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No route yet..just checked all my sources...

released the room since i didn't hear from anyone
IP: Logged
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, don't forget to make your hotel reservations if you haven't already. Lots of hotels are already filled up.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 05-27-2014).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2014 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just heard from an unconfirmed source will be going through Maquoketa, IA between Bettendorf and the Dell's. On Friday the 13th.
So that goes along with Dodgeville, WI.

All unconfirmed but seem to be about right from past years on the tour
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ROUTE IS OUT...YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE ROUTE DIRECTIONS HERE!

MEETING LOCATIONS WILL BE CHANGING. WORKING ON DETAILS NOW...WILL UPDATE!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE 5/19/2014 ..... DRIVING DIRECTIONS POSTED
MEETING LOCATION FOR JUNE 12TH UPDATED FOR THOSE NOT STAYING IN CROWN POINT

see first post.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone Getting Excited? .. i have had the car out the past 2 days blowing the dust of and running it hard to make sure it is good for the cruise to WV and back to the dells! WOW can't believe it is less than 3 weeks away!

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who is meeting at the protillos on Wednesday?
who is meeting at the sonic on Thrusday?

Should be figuring out a meeting spot in IA to pick some people up on the way to the dells on Friday...will be discussing this at the dells run.

Find me if you want to talk power tour there...i am driving up and back both on Saturday for the dells run!

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 05-26-2014).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am staying in Hebron and will meet up with the NIFE gang at Portillo's Thursday morning. Do I need to register before hand (I have never been on the PowerTour before)? I plan on cruising the leg to Bettendorf and then splitting off Friday to head west and south home to KC.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You won't be able to register till you get to Bettendorf. There is a lunch stop for registered participants on the way to Bettendorf that you won't be able to get into. Maybe Mfred or someone can loan you thier other tag do yo can get in? Don't know if your will need the sticker on your car or not.

If you cant get in there are plenty of places to eat around their and then just meet up with the rest of the fiero group at the sonic in lake Zurich. Is participants will then meet that group and continue on for the rest of the days drive.

Hope this all makes sense. If not please let me know I will try to explain it differently if needed.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ltlgt88

448 posts
Member since Aug 2010
Here are the Google maps I have made up to use in Google Map Engine app

Crown Point to Bettendorf
https://goo.gl/maps/jTPt4

Bettendorf to Dells
https://goo.gl/maps/abTja

I am new to this new version of google maps.... i know i can't see them uless i open them in Google Map Engine app
then i can click on the compass thing in the corner and it makes it kind of like a gps while driving

You may have to save them to your maps to open them in the app

I apologize now for any errors that may be on there, did my best!

let me know if it works or doesn't

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

You won't be able to register till you get to Bettendorf. There is a lunch stop for registered participants on the way to Bettendorf that you won't be able to get into. Maybe Mfred or someone can loan you thier other tag do yo can get in? Don't know if your will need the sticker on your car or not.

If you cant get in there are plenty of places to eat around their and then just meet up with the rest of the fiero group at the sonic in lake Zurich. Is participants will then meet that group and continue on for the rest of the days drive.

Hope this all makes sense. If not please let me know I will try to explain it differently if needed.

Hmm...In my case since I planned on just being a spectator at Bettendorf and joining you all from there, can I register (and pay?) to be in the Chula show ..while I'm in Bennendorf? Then be able to do the scheduled stops for registered folks on the way to Chula Vista?

Also how about a simple question, do we Fieros plan to make our own gas stops (etc) as a group tp stick together somewhat? I.E. communicate via phones or walkies or something?
Thanks
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Hmm...In my case since I planned on just being a spectator at Bettendorf and joining you all from there, can I register (and pay?) to be in the Chula show ..while I'm in Bennendorf? Then be able to do the scheduled stops for registered folks on the way to Chula Vista?

Also how about a simple question, do we Fieros plan to make our own gas stops (etc) as a group tp stick together somewhat? I.E. communicate via phones or walkies or something?
Thanks

There are no official Power Tour stops between Bettendorf and Dells (I also believe you can only do a 1 day registration at the site of the show you are registering for) . When we meet in the morning we will talk about staying together and gas stops. Between Iowa and Dells we will likely make a stop near Dubuque or maybe Maquoketa to pick up some more Fieros. We will try to keep the Fieros together as much as possible on the tour. Probably try to do a gas stop every 200 miles or so since we all know Fiero gas gauges are not the most reliable. Everyone who is joining the drive should be fully gassed up before meeting up.

We can exchange phone numbers at the morning meet up (I will bring paper and pens).

The route is available at http://registration.familye...ections%20MAY-14.pdf

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-10-2014).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All correct Jeff you are a fast learner
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dotrenrew:

I'm really interested in joining in on the last three days. I've never done anything like this so I don't know what to expect. And, I do t know anybody yet since I just got on the Fiero scene last year.

I will be in Norwalk. Haven't decided yet on registering and making the drive to Crown Point. Depends on work. PM me and maybe we can hook up! And I never done something like this either. Sounds like a lot of fun.

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be in Charleston on to the Dell's. The drive is the best part of the tour. I pmed you my number.Call me and we can talk about tour. And maybe meet up in Norwalk.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

I will be in Norwalk. Haven't decided yet on registering and making the drive to Crown Point. Depends on work. PM me and maybe we can hook up! And I never done something like this either. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I will be making the last 3 stops. Come on out. I know there will be at least a few Fieros at the Crown Point show. Some of the Chicago area guys are heading home for the night after the Crown Point show and will pick us back up in morning. I am staying in Crown Point. If you are looking for hotels, I think one Power Tour Fiero is staying in Hebron Indiana as most stuff is full in Crown Point / Merrillville.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlgt88:

I will be in Charleston on to the Dell's. The drive is the best part of the tour. I pmed you my number.Call me and we can talk about tour. And maybe meet up in Norwalk.

Sound great. Thanks! Look forward to speaking with you. Been tracking this and it sounds like a great event and a good opportunity to meet some good people. I'm always up for that!
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going to the Dell's that wants to split a room I have an extra bed at the Baymont Inn. Will split it 50/50. PM me or let me know via the contract info on the first post if interested.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2014 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some more info on what will be going on at the Car Shows is available at

http://image.hotrod.com/f/7...HEDULE+OF+EVENTS.pdf
PFF
System Bot
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those of you that may want to follow our movement from home, or want to try to catch us on the road not at one of the meeting locations can do so.

I have a gps tracking app on my phone that i will have on while driving the route between cities.

Follow the link to see where we are at. The screen should refresh every 15/30 seconds and move along with me.
http://www.greenalp.com/Rea...ewuser=stcampbell328

You can open this app on a phone, and it does have a mobile website for easier navigation on the phone.

Hope to see many of you out there.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 06-04-2014).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet there are plenty of people who just get their cars out and cruise with the tour on the road and dont register or pay anything too.
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those meeting up to make the drives on the route, please make sure you fill up a full tank of gas prior to meeting.

we will be stopping once between sonic and Bettendorf for restrooms and gas (unknown as of right now where)

we will also be stopping 2 times between Bettendorf and the Dells. One of these will be longer stop possibly for a quick lunch.

From doing this for the past 5 years i suggest making sure you fill up when you can, because there are sometimes traffic jams along the way with no gas stations near by or traffic jams going into the venues and/or no gas near the venues when you get out.

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 06-04-2014).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ltlgt88

448 posts
Member since Aug 2010
and empty bladder!
ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ltlgt88

448 posts
Member since Aug 2010
UPDATE .. PARTY AT FREDS AFTER DINNER ON 6/12/14 SEE FIRST THREAD FOR DETAILS.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE - for the driving segment between Crown Point and Lake Zurich, we do not plan on following the official Power Tour route. I294 would be crazy that time of the morning. Looking at Power Tour forums, it looks like many others will be joining us in using I355 as a better alternative.

For each segment we will be providing a sheet with information/directions. Here is the first information sheet covering from Portillos in Merrillville, IN (Crown Point departure point) to Lake Zurich IL

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The second segment Thursday will take us from the Sonic in Lake Zurich to Bettendorf Iowa. We will be following the official Power Tour route with a stop for gas / bathroom in Oregon IL. Here is the route information including details for a planned dinner we hope everyone will attend.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fire good.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-06-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On Friday we will follow the Power Tour route from Bettendorf IA to the Chula Vista at the Wisconsin Dells. We will make a gas/food stop in Mineral Point, WI

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-06-2014).]

crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be working Heidts for the lunch stop on Thursday,
if your there stop by and say hi.
PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to keep it above the other thread. Please post in this one not the old one.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed. I got screwed up with the old one. I will be there in Norwalk. My son Zach will be driving Jaeger's 84 and I will take my Formula. We more than likely take the trip to Crown Point. With both cars. Look forward to meeting up with you guys there!!!
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what is everyone driving on the Power Tour and what stop(s) are you making? I will start

I am driving my 86 SE with a 3800s/c and am doing the last 3 stops (crown point, bettendorf, and dells)

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car in my signature

88 gt 2.8 w/ head job (don't know specifics except milled .001 inch)
lowered 1"
17 wheels
gt1 fiberglass side scoops
warber hood
and Corrvette Torch Red

Will be picking up the tour in Charelston on Monday and going through the dells. I will have John P with me til crown point..then he will pick up his white gt and finish off the tour with his wife.(he is not on the forum)

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013(Fiero)

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will be at Norwalk.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It'll be me meeting you all at the show in Bettendorf and following from there to the Dells, Shannon plans to meet us at Chula Vista.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Scott posted this from the road

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Scott has found 3 other Fieros on the Power Tour so far. Who else is out there at the early stops? Can't wait for Wednesday to join in the fun.
Here is Scott's update:

"Made it to Charleston..Car ran great..got a late start.(sorry no pics) Parking sucked..venue sucked, hotel parking lot was great ran into some old power tour friends.. First full day of your tour tomorrow...4 Fieros including me on tour right now, only ran into 2 others but know who the third is...on my way too Norwalk OH tomorrow."

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-09-2014).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget you can follow my drive between stops at

http://www.greenalp.com/Rea...ewuser=stcampbell328

sorry could not get hyperlink to work on phone

Car ran good today..venue sucked..nothing like I have seen before on 5 years of power tour.

On our way to Norwalk Ohio. Hope to meet Jason and good soon there.

4 , so far
Mine
3.1 electronic auto (Bob)
Ls3
Stock (back up plan for a trans am)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page