Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is It Time For A Grand Rapids MI Fiero Club Yet? by Snapperhead
Started on: 03-02-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 365 (5432 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 12-09-2014 10:16 PM
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The Mendon Dust-Off is Sunday May 4th, early AM to 3PM at the high school in Mendon.

Figures I have the front suspension apart on mine right now..... Now I have to hustle... Thanks for the kick in the ass..

Should I put snow tires on?

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 04-16-2014).]

IP: Logged
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Ok here you all go...

Almost Again & Once Upon a Time Fiero Club

LOL LOL LOL LOL ........ Rolling on the floor now......

Facebook Page.....

Vince

I was thinking of doing that, but you beat me to it. Thanks! I dont have facebook.

Steve

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-16-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any one else interesting in being emailed about events and stuff?
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes.....
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have you on the list. Wow what a nice day today.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am setting up a run from Owosso to Pinconning Saturday April 26th. If any of you Grand Rapids area people would like to tag along we would like to see you. We will be running along the rives in Mid Michigan and then maybe along the Bay in Bay City, then up to Williams Cheese Factory where they have cheese tasting and sell the ends and pieces of the cheese for a pretty good discount. From there we will be going up to a small bar/restaurant that does BBQ. From there everyone can head home or we can try to set up going on over to Midland to visit Fiero's Forever Museum. You can PM me or just post in this thread and I will give you more details.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What time are you planing on leaving Owosso?
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We usually leave around 10:00 am but if that is a problem we might be able to accommodate with a time change. We usually have people coming from Jackson, Lansing and the northern Detroit suburbs. So we don't want to start too early, and it is not really a very long run. But, everyone has to get here so depending on where you start from you miles driven will vary.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I sent a PM to everyone.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great thanks. I would really like to meet up with you guys whether it is in Grand Rapids or over my way. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
85@49

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85@49Send a Private Message to 85@49Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I'm so glad I logged in tonight. I just stumbled across this thread and I have to say I am pleased to see there are others in the GR area . I have seen a few Fieros from time to time but not as regularly as you'd think. I'll be following this thread to see if I can come out and meet some of you at some event. I have a fiero that is in the project stage so it isn't running yet but maybe this year.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85@49:

Wow, I'm so glad I logged in tonight. I just stumbled across this thread and I have to say I am pleased to see there are others in the GR area . I have seen a few Fieros from time to time but not as regularly as you'd think. I'll be following this thread to see if I can come out and meet some of you at some event. I have a fiero that is in the project stage so it isn't running yet but maybe this year.

You will not believe how many Fieros are in Grand Rapids. Then you go out to the surrounding area and you will be surprised. GO north, south, east, west and there are a lot of Fieros. There is a bunch in the Kalamazoo metro area. I live in North East GR not far from Knapp & Fuller and there are 2 real close to me over by Kent County Club and Cheshire area.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HELP!!

Need Front Springs for my 86 GT

Ok I though I had a spare set and guess what... No springs or should I say not the right springs... I have no idea what these came out of now but I put them in with my 2" dropped spindles and I'm siting 5 1/2" drop...... Way to low. Now I'm in a rush to get a set to get this back together for upcoming shows. I have everything apart and need a set now. Local would be great.

Thanks,

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 04-18-2014).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Snapperhead you might try Arrant. He might have something you could use.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MadMark

2935 posts
Member since Feb 2010
For those of you in the Grand Rapids area:

I am setting up a run this coming Saturday April 26th. Here is the information on it. Hope to be able to see some you.

Hi Everyone:

For this run we will be meeting up at the Park and Drive off of US-127 and Round Lake Rd. at 10:00 am.

We will drive from there to the Burker King in Owosso where we can have a pit stop and there is a gas station close by in the same lot if you need gas.

We will then drive through the back roads of Owosso along through some of the Old section of town that has some neat older houses. We will go over to Chipman Road where we will drive along the river. We have to cross from there over to Hemlock Rd. to continue up further north and then cross over into St. Charles where we will stop at the head of the Rail Trail, where we can stop for a bio break if you don’t mind a one holer. Then up M-52 to Swan Creek Rd. and then East to River Rd. which we will follow up to the edge of Midland. From there we will go cross country on back roads to over by Bay City. Then up M-13 to the Williams Cheese Factory. Where we can taste the different cheeses and buy discounted cheese from the ends and pieces of the blocks. After everyone gets their fill of cheese we will go north on M-13 to a Bar just past Pinconning that serves BBQ. They have something like 21 different flavors and heats of BBQ sauce, from mild to unbearable.

We can break up there and it is an easy shot down M-13 to Kawkawlin to pick up I-75 south. You can also quickly get on US-10 west to go towards Midland or the western part of the state.

However, if anyone wants to go to Fieros Forever Museum in Sanford I can call ahead and make sure that he will be open for us. If you have never been to Fieros Forever Museum the owner has over 20 Fieros in various conditions in the yard and has several good Fieros in the garage. He also has a ton of parts and a section devoted to Fiero Memorabilia. If you want to go to this museum let me know ahead of time and I will call the owner.

Thank you,

MadMark
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone in GR out cruising around this beautiful afternoon? Good suggestion Mad Mark. They are over in Nunica. Or he could try Grand Rapids Spring or State Spring service.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-19-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the list that I have so far. This is just to let you know about something that you may find you want to attend or be involved in. It is interesting to see all the different communities represented.

LoW_Key
Mdamiano
Snapperhead
FieroMaster88
Gall757
Batousai666
Libtechsnow78
Olejoedad
MadMark
Dotrenrew
FieroFanatic13
Nutherproject68
MeadmakerDave
Michiganman
85@89
solotwo

If you would like let me know what year/model you have or anything interesting.

Example;
Solotwo 87 GT 3800SC or
87 GT Medium Red Metallic or
87 GT Grand Rapids or
what you want to list.

Thanks,

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-21-2014).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what my Fiero is:

88 GT - Sun Burnt black paint for now.
Lambo Doors
TLG Tall wing stands with LED lights in them.
3800 SC III engine mostly stock
4T65E-HD tranny built up by Triple Edge in Fort Wayne, IN 3.29:1 overall ratio
doublec4 HID headlights - with my own wiring and relay system
Odyssey Battery mounted up under the passenger side headlight
18 inch wheels with 225R4518 up front, 245R4518 rear
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 Formula;
4.9 caddy
4T60E w/3.33 final
Custom wheels
Silver over white paint
Gray interior with a few mild custom touches
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just have an 86 gt....
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

I just have an 86 gt....

Just? Yeah, right.....

PFF
System Bot
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is an 84 2m4 4-speed
Custom faded black paint.
Custom sagging headliner.
Custom leaking sunroof.
So pretty much all original.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just? Yeah, right.....

Ok so I put a little lipstick on her..LoL

I posted a calendar of things going on in the area on the Facebook page.

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Vince. I guess I better get a facebook account.
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Thanks Vince. I guess I better get a facebook account.

Yeah I had to everyone was calling me old because I didn't

Vince
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
waste to much time on that site. I spend to much time on this forum. LOL
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

waste to much time on that site. I spend to much time on this forum. LOL

I hear you I'm not much for forums and social media but... This year I made it a priority to use more social media for personal & business. To stay in touch with family and friends more. I was shocked how many people I knew that didn't know I've been a Realtor for almost 10 years now. When I hear the words " I wish I knew you were a Realtor I just bought a house and I would have used you" oh like a knife to the heart.... It's my own fault I tend to talk more about cars or family things when I'm out. Not that I've missed out on everything but enough to say what the hell... So I made my new year pac to get the word out and say...

Hey You Know I'M a Realtor Don't You... Think of Me When Someone You Know Is Going to Buy or Sell Real Estate

LoL Oh well can't get them all.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 04-22-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How would you like to be notified of events or what ever? Email? This post? PM? Facebook?
Thanks,

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email or pm.
Not a facebooker. No way. Never gonna do it. Nuh-uh.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Email or pm.
Not a facebooker. No way. Never gonna do it. Nuh-uh.

Boy do I understand that. Glad my cell phone only rings and calls out. It cant text or voicemail. Love it.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Ok Fiero nuts we have a facebook page as snapperhead mentioned earlier. so we now have this post, the forum,PM, email and facbook to contact each other about things going on in all of this half of Michigan.
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some events that are coming up.

Mad Mark is setting up a nice drive. I am setting up a run from Owosso to Pinconning Saturday April 26th.
The Mendon Dust-Off is Sunday May 4th, early AM to 3PM at the high school in Mendon.
On Saturday May 10th Gilmore Car Museum has its Dust Off car show. Hickory Corners is kind of between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-24-2014).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try and make it to the mendon dust off and Gilmore dust off. The car is pretty much ready just needs insurance!
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be at Vito's tonight with the other Grand Rapids Street Racers members... Come on bye we're just a bunch of old guys and gals. See the facebook page for details. Should be a lot of cars between Vito's and Drews.

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 04-25-2014).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some events that are coming up.

Mad Mark is setting up a nice drive. I am setting up a run from Owosso to Pinconning Saturday April 26th.
On Saturday May 10th Gilmore Car Museum has its Dust Off car show. Hickory Corners is kind of between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.

I hope to make it to the Mendon Dust-Off. The 10th I am going to the Indy Gran Prix race, so I won't be in the area.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was nice meeting RCR at Northview High School today. I had a nice chat with him this afternoon. His project sounds very interesting!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our group the Capital City Fiero Club is going to try to set up another run next month. We are going to try to position it on the west side of the state so it will be an easy jaunt for the people in the Grand Rapids area. I myself am not too familiar with your roads, so one of the other members is going to try to put something together. Looking forward to meeting some of you.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Our group the Capital City Fiero Club is going to try to set up another run next month. We are going to try to position it on the west side of the state so it will be an easy jaunt for the people in the Grand Rapids area. I myself am not too familiar with your roads, so one of the other members is going to try to put something together. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

OUR ROADS???? Do you like driving thru minefields? Pot holes deep enough to swallow a tire? Paved roads that remind one of a buckboard gravel road. Interstates have pot holes and they aint small. The worst? The City of Grand Rapids. It is embarrassing to say your from Grand Rapids because our streets are so bad. The city spend all the money on pet projects instead of the roads. But I like the idea! Do you want to be around GR? Or north or south or east or west? Ada/Lowell area has some hills. M21 from Ionia to Ada runs along the Grand River. At the Ada bridge you can turn north on Pettis it is some what curvey to Cannonsburg Road. The left or west on Cannonsburg Road to Northland Drive which gets you on the north east side GR. South of GR close to Metro Kalamazoo there is the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners. I am not familiar with the roads in the area. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some ideas. West of GR you can ride along Grand River to Spring Lake.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002

It was nice meeting RCR at Northview High School today. I had a nice chat with him this afternoon. His project sounds very interesting!

Now I have a project to tackle.

Thanks RCR!

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-26-2014).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey People here is an idea from Mad Mark, "the Capital City Fieros group is planning on going to the Del Shannon car show in Cooperville, MI. on Aug 8th for the cruise, Aug 9th for the show itself. It is a very neat show with a whole lot of cars. On Friday night they line everyone up and have us drive through the city. People get out in the lawns in their lawn chairs and party while we drive through. It is one of the neatest things I have done, other than being on a race track. Contact Bob through the Capital City Fiero's web site for information about when and where we are planning on staying."

Hey GR Metro Fiero owners this is our "backyard" I think the people in the GR Metro area should meet the Capital City Group and caravan over to C-ville! That would make for a great picture!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 10 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock