Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Seems that the forum is now completely blocked from my work.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Seems that the forum is now completely blocked from my work. by Raydar
Started on: 02-19-2014 05:44 PM
Replies: 24 (582 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 02-22-2014 06:46 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since an inordinate amount of malware and cyber attacks apparently come from .NL, the entire country is blocked.

Just damn...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing worse than having this forum blocked!

Back in school my friend used to block this site on our home network for a laugh. He'd always get the reaction he was looking for

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a smartphone? Or a Mifi?
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At my work, "fiero.nl" is blocked, but if I type "fieroforum.com" in the bar, it works.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

At my work, "fiero.nl" is blocked, but if I type "fieroforum.com" in the bar, it works.

I could give that a try. I tried Fiero.com, and got the same results.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Since an inordinate amount of malware and cyber attacks apparently come from .NL, the entire country is blocked.

Just damn...

That's why I am glad I am retired and don't have to deal with those problem's anymore.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our office uses Sonicwall and blocks adult sites as well as social sites. This is considered a social site by our firewall. The way I get around it is go to Google, type in the word Fiero, see the link for the Pennocks Fiero Forum Main Page. I then click on it and I'm in. Unfortunately, you may have tougher network settings though.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At work facebook is blocked .... therefore the first post of each thread are blocked....

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

FieroCanada

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCanada:

use a proxy
http://www.webproxy.net/

Until they block it...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not going to use a proxy.
The internet cops at our work consider that "circumventing the system". It's a firing offense. They don't screw around.

OTOH, I can take my netbook (or smartphone) to work and connect to the wireless that is provided for us, and surf whatever I want. They just want to keep potentially harmful traffic off of our corporate network.

I didn't say that I didn't understand. Just that I didn't like it.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40726 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by Danyel:

At work facebook is blocked ....

Strangely enough, Facebook is endorsed by our company. They want us to network.
(They probably also want to watch what we're doing. Whatever....)
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe they figured out you are spending too much time here :-)
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not going to use a proxy.
The internet cops at our work consider that "circumventing the system". It's a firing offense. They don't screw around.

OTOH, I can take my netbook (or smartphone) to work and connect to the wireless that is provided for us, and surf whatever I want. They just want to keep potentially harmful traffic off of our corporate network.

I didn't say that I didn't understand. Just that I didn't like it.

As if all that malicious traffic can't get on the network through the wi-fi.... I never connect my personal devices to my corporate wi-fi...gives them the right to search and seize it if they suspect it has caused a problem. I just burn up my 4G bandwidth...which is unlimited since I'm on Sprint.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

At work facebook is blocked .... therefore the first post of each thread are blocked....

yes i noticed that too.... why is that?
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 05:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try visiting by IP.

For example: http://217.148.167.147/foru...um1/HTML/093532.html
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is because fieros are too sexy.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 02-21-2014).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every job I ever worked, I never had time to screw around on the internet... because I worked. Weird concept.
Never understood why some have this leisure at their "job" anyway.

Kevin
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, they must have changed something here at work, or on Facebooks side. The like button also turns into a big white page saying the content I'm trying to view is blocked. The weird thing is the white page goes away after a minute, and I'm left without a "like" button. Minor inconvenience.

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Every job I ever worked, I never had time to screw around on the internet... because I worked. Weird concept.

Kevin

There's not a whole lot for a teller to be doing in between customers here at the bank I work at. I don't think that is too hard to understand for most people, ymmv.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Setup a remote desktop program and remote to a desktop at home and surf via remote desktop from there.

I have done it for years to get around company firewall BS.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Kevin

Well Kevin in some jobs such as mine..my job is like 24 hours a day 7 days a week on call.
I am Network/Communications Guru...so I am hired for my mind.
Some days I spend all day on the phone consulting...but there is a lot of gaps of my participation on these long calls...since the projects involve many other engineers as well.
This gives me plenty of time to surf and post. Now some people may say that isnt fair, but its all a trade off.
I am on call all the time and work a lot more than 60 hours a in a single week most weeks.

Hope that sheds a different aspect to at least consider.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-21-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I watch the programmers' programs run. About 1200 of them every night. That's all I do, well, almost.
I have a lot of time to surf the Net, and they let me, as long as I don't miss anything that goes wrong.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

As if all that malicious traffic can't get on the network through the wi-fi.... I never connect my personal devices to my corporate wi-fi...gives them the right to search and seize it if they suspect it has caused a problem. I just burn up my 4G bandwidth...which is unlimited since I'm on Sprint.

It's firewalled to a fare-thee-well. Designed and designated specifically for our personal use. Aside from that, I wouldn't ever surf anywhere on it that I wouldn't on my work PC (except for my personal email, which is also blocked on the corporate network.)

I monitor AMI towers, and SCADA devices for "on line" status. I also back up other folks on microwave radios and fiber optics "stuff", if they get really busy.
As long as everything is online that should be, I am pretty much free to do what I want (Surf. Read. Grab a cup of coffee. Whatever.) as long as I pay attention.
Having said that, those periods are usually fairly short-lived. I seldom get enough time to finish reading an entire forum thread or news article on the web, without stopping to chase something. (We eat meals at our consoles, too. Much preferred to taking a designated lunch period and then working that much longer.)
And some days are like drinking from a fire hose. I don't do any surfing at all. It all goes with the territory.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-21-2014).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I monitor AMI towers, and SCADA devices for "on line" status. I also back up other folks on microwave radios and fiber optics "stuff", if they get really busy.
As long as everything is online that should be, I am pretty much free to do what I want (Surf. Read. Grab a cup of coffee. Whatever.) as long as I pay attention.
Having said that, those periods are usually fairly short-lived. I seldom get enough time to finish reading an entire forum thread or news article on the web, without stopping to chase something. (We eat meals at our consoles, too. Much preferred to taking a designated lunch period and then working that much longer.)
And some days are like drinking from a fire hose. I don't do any surfing at all. It all goes with the territory.

Yeah corporate wi-fi is there for a reason, but I don't want to give big brother access to my personal devices.

And believe it or not, the internet has useful purposes! Everything is going to the cloud so without internet there is no access to all of our data. Doesn't give anyone free reign to surf Facebook and Youtube, but our organization (like everyone's) has a facebook and Youtube page and is constantly posting stuff there and asking us to check it out. So we are compelled to use social media as a part of our jobs.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock