Started on: 02-18-2014 03:33 PM
Replies: 81 (1651 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 04-08-2014 09:48 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pegasus88GT:

I think it's just there "official" 2nd anniversary and there will be special car appearances along with motorweek being there taking video footage.

but... when is the `large` event, i dont see motorweek showing up just for a few cars.
IP: Logged
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The large event is April 5th.
https://www.facebook.com/ev...t=plan_mall_activity

[This message has been edited by Pegasus88GT (edited 03-26-2014).]

grkboy707

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buuuuuuut, there should be a decent gathering being that everyone is itching to get out there and cruise! I'll be there!
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

Buuuuuuut, there should be a decent gathering being that everyone is itching to get out there and cruise! I'll be there!

yes, but this give me a chance to fix my sail panel (again), clean my car up a bit, and the gf just scheduled to drop her crap dodge off at the dealer for *another* recall on it.

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rain is going to dampen our first gathering, if the promoter has rescheduled for next weekend then we will meet up on April 5th. I will not be attending if it rains.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

[This message has been edited by amflyer (edited 03-27-2014).]

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll probably end up going if it rains:P I might not be able to make it next week or any Saturday for that matter. I got laid off on Monday, and most dealerships are manditory on Saturdays
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I'll probably end up going if it rains:P I might not be able to make it next week or any Saturday for that matter. I got laid off on Monday, and most dealerships are manditory on Saturdays

how was your rain?
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone make it out?
RockDork

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RockDorkSend a Private Message to RockDorkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did!! grkboy707 made it out a little later. Looks like rain again next Sat. And I'll be at that one too!!

I guess the rain or shine policy really separates the men from the boys!! LOL. It didnt even really start raining steady till 9:30. It was a nice morning up until that point
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey amflyer, can you send me some info on the `group` like what the plans are, what the focus / aim is, or whatever you wana call it? if you guys are going to be doing more `local` things then mafoa did, id def be interested in being a part of it more then just coming to a show here and there.
gwg1995

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gwg1995Send a Private Message to gwg1995Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey if my alternator that died yesterday gets here by this Friday, I'll be attending. If anyone wants to meet up, I figured I'd put out the invitation to meet at the Hunt Valley Animal Hospital right up the road from Hunt Valley Town Center at 7:15 and leave for the car show by 7:30. I think It'll probably be the least busy place Saturday morning. For more info or if you just want to get in contact you can PM me or call/text me at 443-926-1235. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Hunt Valley Animal Hospital
11206 York Road
Sparks, MD 21030
PFF
System Bot
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you get there by that time you may not get a spot to park. This event is huge and arrival should be no later than 7am. I got there last year at 7:05 and there was already over 400 cars there and we parked actually outside the roped off area.

------------------
NYFOC Member

[This message has been edited by amflyer (edited 03-31-2014).]

IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob is correct about the time. A 6:30 meet up then leave for the show around 6:45 would be better. How about the Outback parking lot? They are @ end of the mall near the first light after exiting rte 83 and they are closed then. We have used this spot in the past.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:

Rob is correct about the time. A 6:30 meet up then leave for the show around 6:45 would be better. How about the Outback parking lot? They are @ end of the mall near the first light after exiting rte 83 and they are closed then. We have used this spot in the past.

SO 6:30 at outback? sounds good to me. my cars gona be nasty fracking cold weather :/
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be there, I hope I can make it early enough to beat the crowd. Does this event have a stand with drinks/coffee or do you have to bring your own?

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

SO 6:30 at outback? sounds good to me. my cars gona be nasty fracking cold weather :/

Tell me about it, worst part is I was forced to daily drive it during the snow and soo much salt slung into my engine bay and destroyed my polished supercharger, etc.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

Pegasus88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll meet at Outback at 6:30.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

I should be there, I hope I can make it early enough to beat the crowd. Does this event have a stand with drinks/coffee or do you have to bring your own?

Tell me about it, worst part is I was forced to daily drive it during the snow and soo much salt slung into my engine bay and destroyed my polished supercharger, etc.

ouch, that sucks.. Hope to see you there, see you guys at 6:30
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*looks around* ya'll late! Lolz
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since my car is still up Jon's, I can't be there. Could someone take a couple picture of the group?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a few I'll post later
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
RJS525

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RJS525Click Here to visit RJS525's HomePageSend a Private Message to RJS525Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get any good pictures......

------------------
98 GTP - Some mods

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by hookdonspeed (edited 04-05-2014).]

amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to thank everyone who came out to our first event. Next event if you can attend will be tomorrow at Town Mall starting at 8am hope you can make it.

------------------
NYFOC Member

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is town mall and what kinda event is it?
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of them people there are going to ruin this event for the rest of us, here is a video someone shot today...

------------------
98 GTP - Some mods

[This message has been edited by sco77 (edited 04-05-2014).]

dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

Some of them people there are going to ruin this event for the rest of us, here is a video someone shot today...

Yup.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dajack761

312 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Thanks for posting pictures guys. I wish I could have been there. Looks like there was a good turn out.

[This message has been edited by dajack761 (edited 04-05-2014).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you missed this vid...

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it was a great turn out guys, I wish I could have been there. I'm gonna try to make it up on the 26th if anyone wants to accompany me!
PFF
System Bot
turbo86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, looked like a great turnout with awesome Fieros, wish I coulda been there too.
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looked like HVH has outgrown the mall venue. It was good to see familiar faces again and to meet some new ones. Tom, your dk blue GT looked fantastic! I like that color.
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx I enjoyed that show and will hopefully be back again next year hopefully getting Jason down too .... Next show for me is carslile !!
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the show promoter clamps down on the stupid people that could ruin this for everyone!

------------------
NYFOC Member

IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Because these spirited departures were not on HV property but on public highways, the show promoters should have no responsibility for those antics. And this activity is not unique to HV as you can see by searching " leaving cars and coffee 2014" on youtube.

Will, the show organizer, did provide a great show despite using last minute volunteers because the pro valet team no showed.

However seems that not everyone liked this event:

"It's all a matter of perspective. Probably 30 or more current edition Camaros came in and parked together. Ok, seen one, seen 'em all. Nissan GTR's? Have to respect Godzilla, but when 20 pull in together, well they all look the same. And while I was amused by seeing a dozen more or less V6 Fiero GT's in a prime parking area, even having owned one years ago I was mystified by their place of honor."

Gosh Rob, didn't know that you secured a place of honor for our fieros. Thanks

no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those Cameros had amazing detail. Not my cup of tea, but I thought it was great to see them. The underneath of the hood was painted with murals. One was aliens, one was tigers. The rims were done up to match the color scheme. One of the owners (female) was even wearing a matching race-suit. Again, I don't get it, but there was a lot of time, money, & care put into those cars.

[This message has been edited by no2pencil (edited 04-08-2014).]

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After years of scrutinizing everyone else's car interest (I.e. Honda race cars, brand new cars, vws, etc) I've realized how silly it is to do so. Everyone likes what they do, due to tastes, budget, friends, whatever. I mean, you guys can see how tight knit of a community is fiero guys are, and we like some limited production car from the hell hole era of cars, that's trying to mimic something that it certainly is not. To 99% of the world, we're just as weird for sinking our whole paychecks into cars that won't be worth half of the money invested, as the honda kids. All in all, we all have the same hobby, and I'm sure there's something that everyone can appreciate about every car out there. Just some food for thought
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA/GT:
However seems that not everyone liked this event:

"It's all a matter of perspective. Probably 30 or more current edition Camaros came in and parked together. Ok, seen one, seen 'em all. Nissan GTR's? Have to respect Godzilla, but when 20 pull in together, well they all look the same. And while I was amused by seeing a dozen more or less V6 Fiero GT's in a prime parking area, even having owned one years ago I was mystified by their place of honor."

Gosh Rob, didn't know that you secured a place of honor for our fieros. Thanks

hhahaa, you gotta admit, we did have a sweet spot near the entrance... but then again we all showed up before 6:45, not 2minutes to 8....
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
but then again we all showed up before 6:45, not 2minutes to 8....

There was a Ferrari parked on the road with some other cars. I remember thinking "If you didn't make it in by 7, then you get to park your Ferrari on the curb".

Also when they told the guy he was the last car in, a 2nd one slipped in right behind. That place did fill up quickly!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock