Fiero VIN Question by Ravant
Started on: 02-14-2014 02:26 PM
Replies: 5 (184 views)
Last post by: Ravant on 02-16-2014 06:00 PM
Ravant

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decoded my VIN on a whim. Is there any way to correlate the last 5 digits to an assembly date? (EX: 1500 of 76371 for the '85 model year was made on MM/DD/YYYY)

Edit: Reason I ask is because the car's about 550 miles away, and all I currently have with me is VIN. This is more or less out of sheer curiosity.

[This message has been edited by Ravant (edited 02-14-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
conan469

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
try different vin decoders. some dealers can decode newer cars down to the exact day
don't know if they will be able to help with a fiero though
Black84originalowner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black84originalownerSend a Private Message to Black84originalownerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think only by order and known dates. Inside door is date of manf (but only month & year). For instance mine is Feb 84. I know exactly 30 years ago today 2-14-84 # 40983 rolled off the truck at the dealer. Purchased on 2-15-84, that is why tommorrow is the BIG 30th birthday party! YAHOO.....Any help?
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sort of? I just, like I said, don't have access to the door jamb at this moment in time, as it's currently up at my parents' place in NY.
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to remove the inside door panel in order to see the manufacture date, it's not on the door jam. It's inside the door, not on the outside. Four digits: first 2 digits correlate to the day and the last 2 signify the month. You already know the year from the VIN.
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

You need to remove the inside door panel in order to see the manufacture date, it's not on the door jam. It's inside the door, not on the outside. Four digits: first 2 digits correlate to the day and the last 2 signify the month. You already know the year from the VIN.

Shows how often I pay attention. I've had that panel off three times and nothing was remembered. I suck.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock