the demise of fierocountry.us by larini74
Started on: 02-10-2014 08:45 AM
Replies: 18 (1039 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 03-02-2014 01:43 PM
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do to economic issues, I have had to shut down my website.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
goatvenom

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have never heard of the site, you probably should have gotten the word out better. i wish you best of luck

Ryan
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of January 18th, it looked like the only content that was on the site was a web ring, and links to other sites:

Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John, if you clicked on the car in the middle you would find the project pages. Not the most discoverable design, but there is content there at least ;-)
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to hear that your business went under but that's pretty common these days.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have the content?
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goatvenom:

i have never heard of the site, you probably should have gotten the word out better. i wish you best of luck

Ryan

x2

If you try again let us know.
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Judging by the looks of the website you had a decent 15 year run
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand as I just re-upped the FieroPaceCar page for $277.00 [3 years] for pretty much myself to show others about the car and the vins. I make no money on it and this has been up for 7 years now out of my pocket. Rick B
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch, do you host with GoDaddy? Why do you pay so much for hosting?
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds about the same as I pay for www.vikingsnowmobile.com

And for the same reasons.
PFF
System Bot
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are paying way too much for hosting. Try something like apisnetworks.com
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

I understand as I just re-upped the FieroPaceCar page for $277.00 [3 years] for pretty much myself to show others about the car and the vins. I make no money on it and this has been up for 7 years now out of my pocket. Rick B

You're getting ripped off unfortunately.. for as little traffic as your page generates you could host it for $12 a year.
no2pencil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you guys want lower hosting costs, I can host your sites on a vps. That's why I asked the OP if he still had the files. If you are interested, shoot me a pm, so as to not spam the topic. GoDaddy is a complete rip off.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2014 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Next time around I am going to look into it and if you are around I will see what we can do. I appreciate it. Rick
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2014 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cringed when I saw almost $300 above for hosting a small site for 3 years.... What I can't understand is why is Go Daddy ripping you off so bad. I use Go Daddy to host FieroStuff.com. This is directly copied from my invoice:

Hosting - Web - Economy - Linux - US Region - 1 year (recurring)
Term: 1 year(s)
Name: fierostuff.com
Item number: 42002-1
Quantity: 1

Subtotal:$24.06
Shipping:-
Tax:-
Total:$24.06

The plan is their lowest and most basic. Still, It is unlimited bandwidth and 100 Gigs of space. Far more than enough for a small site like yours.

You can check out the plan I purchased on this page, the first column. I paid for the year and got the discount you see above, instead of $5 a month.

------------------

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-16-2014).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

You're getting ripped off unfortunately.. for as little traffic as your page generates you could host it for $12 a year.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

This is directly copied from my invoice:

Hosting - Web - Economy - Linux - US Region - 1 year (recurring)
Term: 1 year(s)
Name: fierostuff.com
Item number: 42002-1
Quantity: 1

Subtotal:$24.06
Shipping:-
Tax:-
Total:$24.06

Are these "introductory" prices or what?

I belong to an amateur video production club. We have a rudimentary web site that has basically no traffic. Our host site contract needs to be renewed (after our introductory period ends), and the cheapest price offered is $6.95 per month with a three year contract. I suspect we'd be nuts to sign up at this price.

Comments, advice?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2014 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use http://www.hostso.com costs me 36$ a years for 5 websites unlimited bandwidth

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had my sites for years here:

$25 a year WITH Domain Name and 20GB
http://www.webhostingforfree.com/index.php

http://www.fierosound.com
http://www.calgaryfieros.com

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-02-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors