Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Fiero Store FULL dash cap now available.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Fiero Store FULL dash cap now available. by JohnWPB
Started on: 02-09-2014 12:37 AM
Replies: 18 (989 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 02-11-2014 09:47 AM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got an email from the Fiero Store that the dash cover that they had in R&D is now available. It looks really nice! At the price of $119, it is also well priced. However in typical Fiero Store fashion, the shipping is a bit ridiculous. UPS 3 day ground for $53, (The shipping for my entire fiberglass 355 front bumper was $50) or UPS 3 Day for $152.83. If you are feeling really adventurous, you can have it shipped over night for $376.11 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Sure its got to be a long flat box, but it also weights next to nothing.

------------------

High Quality Fiero Reproduction Stickers are Available in THIS THREAD IN THE MALL.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who you have ship a 355 bumper for $50.00? I was going to get a set of 355 side skirts from V Fiber. Reasonably priced but when it come to shipping i was like holy crap!! I called them and said i had a family member that could come by and pick them up and bring them to me in a few weeks, they said NO! shipping had to be paid, They have Ebay full of their JUNK and prices look good but but the shipping is more than the price of the Bumpers ect... I know for a fact that a GT bumper FedEx ground from Cal to AR only cost 85 bucks. Theirs 165.00 FedEx ground. and from the SAME zip code!!

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I just got an email from the Fiero Store that the dash cover that they had in R&D is now available. It looks really nice! At the price of $119, it is also well priced. However in typical Fiero Store fashion, the shipping is a bit ridiculous. UPS 3 day ground for $53, (The shipping for my entire fiberglass 355 front bumper was $50) or UPS 3 Day for $152.83. If you are feeling really adventurous, you can have it shipped over night for $376.11 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Sure its got to be a long flat box, but it also weights next to nothing.

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice looking part and I'm sure many are going to be happy to be able to fix up their damaged dash. How many times do we wish a vendor would support the car and we have one that does and they keep getting bashed when most are not even carrying stock parts for the car. I could see 50 if you did greyhound shipping, but i bet it would be different with fed ex or ups. You get hit with over sized box and over weight fees and large item delivery fees. Shipping has many variables, distance, speed, cost of fuel to get there, do you live outside the united states? I just did a quick check on the shipping UPS1-2 day 35.00 not bad in my opinion and something like this part needs to be packaged and handled carefully. Just my humble opinion and by no means is a dig at any other vendor or person on this forum. I am also not a fan of ups, either i tend to find their rates on the high side of things.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 02-09-2014).]

oldbikeracer

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oldbikeracerClick Here to visit oldbikeracer's HomePageSend a Private Message to oldbikeracerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet they sell our quickly. I have a nasty crack down the center of my dash and corners are all messed up. You can bet I will be ordering one soon.
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be nice if those who buy this cover can relate what kind of trimming / modification needs to be done so we can prepare.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Always wished TFS would use better quality photos of their items
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes waiting here to see how it turns out for someone, I just pulled my dash and had it repaired, this does look like a nice fix.
I have this shipping price problem all the time, its the size of the box that kills the shipping costs.
Id love to ship facias but can't due to shipping.
Thank you TFS for coming out with this.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Always wished TFS would use better quality photos of their items

Tell me about it! That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine! It is like their "webmaster" is creating web pages for when people used to use a 640 x 480 screen resolution to browse the web! ! ! ! !
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're not the only ones. Archie's page doesn't even quite fill 1/2 the width of my screen these days
Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice product.

No idea why people are whining about shipping fees. It likely covers the handling and packaging fee as well.

They aren't Amazon, Newegg or Summit Racing afterall with mass rate deals on packaging and delivery.

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with Steel on this one.. I am sure that the FS gets a good rate for shipping but those ground prices aren't bad at all.. unless you ate braindead and wanted ANYTHING shipped next-day-A.M. .. that's crazy..

F.S. has really impressed me lately with surging ahead with these types of parts.. in a very small dwindling market...

So they might make 10% on shipping.. big whoop.. think they've earned it..

My .02 !
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

I'm with Steel on this one.. I am sure that the FS gets a good rate for shipping but those ground prices aren't bad at all..

$50 for the size of box this will need to be shipped in isn't bad at all and I bet it will be double that to Canada!!
I know Rockauto wanted $35 to ship some $6 exhaust gaskets to Canada.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

They're not the only ones. Archie's page doesn't even quite fill 1/2 the width of my screen these days

There is an easy fix on that for most current browsers. While viewing a web page, hold the control key down, and move the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in or out. Not sure about the others, but Firefox remembers the zoom level for each individual site.

Originally posted by Steel:

Nice product.

No idea why people are whining about shipping fees. It likely covers the handling and packaging fee as well.

They aren't Amazon, Newegg or Summit Racing afterall with mass rate deals on packaging and delivery.

Ok, so that is another peeve of mine Shipping I can understand. However, a "handling fee"? Basically saying "you have to pay me to sell this to you"!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-10-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok, so that is another peeve of mine Shipping I can understand. However, a "handling fee"? Basically saying "you have to pay me to sell this to you"!

"Handling" covers the cost of crating, and to protect a part like this, it's going to be more than just a couple bucks.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some businesses like GMpartsdirect.com make a tremendous amount of money by charging exorbitant shipping and handling rates. Its a way to offer low prices, zap you on the shipping and make as much profit as possible. .

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

"Handling" covers the cost of crating, and to protect a part like this, it's going to be more than just a couple bucks.

I quote where he mentioned "Packaging and handling fee". I thought the crating would be part of the "Packaging fee"
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From The Fiero Store website: $120 plus delivery to Ontario Canada by UPS $103. Current exchange rate total: $250.
Unscrupulous Pirates Society will charge collection fees, brokerage & duties at the door. I suspect around $300 delivered.

For comparison, UPS will deliver a dash to Niagara Falls NY (30 minutes away) for $37.47.

I had one delivery by UPS from The Fiero Store and will never use them again if there is any other option.
Other Fiero Store shipments by USPS & Canada Post didn't cost extra & I tracked the shipments online to my door.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 02-11-2014).]

Steel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quote where he mentioned "Packaging and handling fee". I thought the crating would be part of the "Packaging fee"

Handling covers the time/manpower associated in crating an item for sale. Usually that's where a smaller vendor can sometimes afford to eat the 'handling' cost and only charge the shipping fee as they don't have numerous items to package. Where as with a smaller company employing someone, or even multiple people, to crate items there is an amount needed for the time spent.

Most companies simply raise their product price and do not reflect this cost with a separate handling charge, something the FS may want to consider.

I do agree they need to offer USPS for a shipping option to Canada though if it is not available.

But as I was addressing the initial post I really don't think it's out of line and probably offers a better end result.

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 02-11-2014).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:
I do agree they need to offer USPS for a shipping option to Canada though if it is not available.

USPS shipping is available for smaller items.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 02-11-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock