My '88 Formula by BZAnathema
Started on: 02-04-2014 05:19 PM
Replies: 2 (200 views)
Last post by: Rik on 02-04-2014 06:23 PM
BZAnathema

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, I'm new around here. I've been snooping around the forums for information and guides, as I picked up a white 1988 Formula back in August. The car runs an L32 from a '95 Firebird. Due to undiagnosed transmission trouble, a blown heater core, and other issues, the previous owner was willing to part with it for $600. This is my first car, and I was always a car lover - just not a mechanic. I'm trying to learn everything I can, so any patience you folks can have with my poor uneducated soul is appreciated. Since buying the car, I've replaced the heater core (thanks to your collective expertise) and made substantial improvement with the transmission following a fluid and filter replacement. It functions as my daily driver right now.

Here it is after a bath. (EDIT: image fixed. Phew. Thanks! I'm generally not that blonde.)
It needs a new paint job, some reupholstering, and a heck of a lot of general cleaning, but it's meant to be an ongoing project that I keep forever so there's plenty of time for that. Thanks for a great forum!
-BZA

[This message has been edited by BZAnathema (edited 02-04-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BZAnathema:

Hi guys, I'm new around here. I've been snooping around the forums for information and guides, as I picked up a white 1988 Formula back in August. The car runs an L32 from a '95 Firebird. Due to undiagnosed transmission trouble, a blown heater core, and other issues, the previous owner was willing to part with it for $600. This is my first car, and I was always a car lover - just not a mechanic. I'm trying to learn everything I can, so any patience you folks can have with my poor uneducated soul is appreciated. Since buying the car, I've replaced the heater core (thanks to your collective expertise) and made substantial improvement with the transmission following a fluid and filter replacement. It functions as my daily driver right now.
[img]https://imageshack.com/i/nr5bnmj[/img]
Here it is after a bath. (EDIT: image not shown. I'm guessing five-post rule?)
It needs a new paint job, some reupholstering, and a heck of a lot of general cleaning, but it's meant to be an ongoing project that I keep forever so there's plenty of time for that. Thanks for a great forum!
-BZA

Welcome to PFF! It actually looks like your image link isn't complete. Find one that ends in .jpg and try wrapping that in the [IMG][/IMG] tags.

I've had an 88 Formula since high school, and it's been an awesome love/hate relationship the whole time!
Rik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RikSend a Private Message to RikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome aboard! As long as you don't mind giving a bit of attention to the little darling, you'll have fun. Got my Formula a couple of years ago, after selling my '84, and feeling a loss in the force...<g!>...

[This message has been edited by Rik (edited 02-04-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock