Are 87 Fiero Parts Compatible With 88? by jon2009
Started on: 02-03-2014 02:08 PM
Replies: 2 (157 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 02-03-2014 03:32 PM
jon2009

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon2009Send a Private Message to jon2009Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,

came across this 1987 Fiero fastback, the guy is parting it out. Are most 87 parts compatible with the 88. I have a 88 Fiero gt fastback. I asked for the coolant pipes that run along the sides. He said he would take them off for me. I heard they are very hard to find, But are they compatible with the 88 ?. Also what other parts should i get from him since fieros in Canada are very rare.

Thanks guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most parts are the same. The cradle, brake calipers, front motor mount bracket and suspension parts are different on 88's. When I replaced all the radiator hoses on my formula I found that the crossover pipe and the hose that connects it to the coolant pipe on the drivers side were different too.
Edit to add the body panels are all the same. Interior colors vary from year to year too.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 02-03-2014).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The coolant pipes along the sides are 88 specific (due to the front suspension redesign).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock