Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Installed cheap LED driving light. Give me some feedback. Please,

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Installed cheap LED driving light. Give me some feedback. Please, by THE HONN FAMILY
Started on: 02-01-2014 09:30 AM
Replies: 22 (787 views)
Last post by: THE HONN FAMILY on 02-04-2014 03:47 PM
THE HONN FAMILY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought these for xmas for my boys 87GT. Fused them to radio switced. They come on with ignition or acc.

Thumb UP, or DOWN?

------------------
( Create a team, analyze, make a plan, then ask the wife if it's OK.)

[This message has been edited by THE HONN FAMILY (edited 02-01-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like them, great idea for "daytime driving lights". Got any other pics, close up, turned off?

RJ
THE HONN FAMILY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not yet, been pretty crappy out and no motivation. Both are in the garage and it wouldn't be a good pic.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think they look ok
more pics would be a plus
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice!!! I won't tell you what the temp is outside here in Florida. Can I ask where you got the lights?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are bright. The ground looks almost white with them on!
THE HONN FAMILY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wife bought them at the auto parts store. I think at auto zone. I've seen them at wally world and some other parts stores myself. They're just a 3m sticky and ran the wires into the air dam.

I never really noticed in the pic how they light the ground up so bright. Almost as if it were snow on the ground.

------------------

[This message has been edited by THE HONN FAMILY (edited 02-01-2014).]

sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thumbs up. Tasteful use of LED including placement.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. After seeing that I would like to find some that would fit in the blinker hole.
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

thumbs up. Tasteful use of LED including placement.

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do they look when they aren't on? Do you have any up close pics? I have a set as well but never installed them because they are a black strip and thought it would look tacky when they weren't on and I haven't figured out where to hide them at. They look good though, just wanted to see some other shots or different brands than what I have.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 02-02-2014).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks? is ok I guess.

Driver Lights, No.
1. Not focus for Driving Light use.
2. Most states, Driving/Fog light on only when low beam HL in on.
See my Cave, Fog/Driving lights
LED can Just use switch and LED. Ignore relay and extra wire.

As "DRL?" maybe.
Most LEDs are too Un-focus for that.

A good Q is can it hide park/turn lamp mounted as above? Likely yes.

Look at then when sun is out, at night, etc. And 10-25 yards away too... One light can easy hide another light when you increase distance. 10 yards ~ = distance across small intersection. Look at different eye level... car vs SUV height can affect results.

Many Factory DRL will automatically turn off DRL when park/turn lamp is on for this reason.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would look better wrapped around the turn signals or just in the bucket.Just looks tacked on in my opinion.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I been thinking of getting the tlg led running lights that mount in place of the turn signals.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 02-03-2014).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, but you asked for opinions. Not diggin' it at all.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used those same led light strips do my turn signals. Worked great and a very cheap mod much brighter than the stock bulbs.
THE HONN FAMILY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had the white 85 for a couple years. The 86 GT for a couple months. I always wondered with the turn signals being buried so deep into the front end of the nose if people can actually see the flasher at an intersection. I was wondering why GM never made the side markers flash too but a guy can't have it all.

Orges comment about the LED's making the flasher unnoticeable is a real concern. Especially since I think the flasher is lacking in safety. I'm going to do tests to see if the lights screw things up at all. If they do they're coming off. My son gets his permit this week and it is his car and I don't want anything adding to a new drivers inexperience.
As for thumbs up and down,,,, that is why I asked. No problem. These aren't trailer queens and both boys like the lights. If they are dangerous then off they go. (I'm pretty sure they will be).
During the day yes you can see an ugly black strip. Now if I had a 5000.00 paint job they wouldn't be on. These are my sons daily drivers that I have made every effort to make as safe and mechanically sound as I'm able to. Stacey

------------------

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front side marker lights flash with the turn signals........

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE HONN FAMILY:

I've had the white 85 for a couple years. The 86 GT for a couple months. I always wondered with the turn signals being buried so deep into the front end of the nose if people can actually see the flasher at an intersection. I was wondering why GM never made the side markers flash too but a guy can't have it all.

They do...I mean mine do?
PFF
System Bot
THE HONN FAMILY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, I guess they do. I never checked after putting all new bulbs in. I figured they didn't because the bulbs had just one filament in them. I do see now that they alternate with the front and how with parking lights they do their little dance. (nice!)

------------------

THE HONN FAMILY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE HONN FAMILYSend a Private Message to THE HONN FAMILYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THE HONN FAMILY

45 posts
Member since Jan 2014
oop, says I double posted.

[This message has been edited by THE HONN FAMILY (edited 02-04-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave