Fiero App by liv4God
Started on: 01-23-2014 07:50 PM
Replies: 54 (1760 views)
Last post by: liv4God on 08-17-2018 12:31 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

What I really want to include in the App is a section with information about the Fiero, changes made per year, specs by model, etc, sort of like a pocket version of the Fiero Enthusiasts Guide. The only problem is I don't know all the information myself and I don't want any copyright infringements by using someone else's information and pictures. If anyone wants to help provide me with the information or a way to get it, that would be a huge help!

Also I want to include a how to section that would help with useful repairs, maintenance jobs, etc, that are specific to the Fiero. I haven't had time to make a step by step guide or get pictures yet though. Again if anyone wants to pitch in a repair or a customization project that they have documented and have pictures, I would love to include it, and would help make the app better.

And any other ideas of what I could include would be great, because I know it is really simple right now.

(And thanks for pointing out the spelling error, fixed it! When I release an update later this week it will be fixed along with some additional sites and aesthetic changes.)

Check with the folks at NIFE who made it, they may team up with you
IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Specifications are not and can not be "copyrighted". You can not take exact wording and descriptions from other sources without permission, that would be plagiarism. However, the fact that the car came with either a 2.5 or 2.8 engine, can not be copyrighted in any way. Stick to the facts, and you will be fine.

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Check with the folks at NIFE who made it, they may team up with you

I will contact them, thanks for letting me know!
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

liv4God

733 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Specifications are not and can not be "copyrighted". You can not take exact wording and descriptions from other sources without permission, that would be plagiarism. However, the fact that the car came with either a 2.5 or 2.8 engine, can not be copyrighted in any way. Stick to the facts, and you will be fine.

Good to know, thanks! I will start collecting the facts and making a new section.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, been a while since I worked on the app. I just released a Windows 10 version. With that is an entirely new project, which has been done better than before, allowing me to make changes much faster. So while functionality is basically the same before right now, I should be able to add new features and updates more regularly.
See it in the store here.

I realized I forgot to update the listing with new screenshots, so here's one of the new look incase you don't have Windows 10 and want to know what it looks like:

tshark

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. One BIG improvement I would like. Add a Fiero to the background image.

I'm glad you're still working on this.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Nice. One BIG improvement I would like. Add a Fiero to the background image.

I'm glad you're still working on this.

It's a good idea, unfortunately it is difficult to implement well in practice. This is because of screen sizing and contrast. Since the app runs on universal Windows (Xbox, phone, pc) it deals with lots it different screen sizes and orientations, not to mention split screen functionality. The biggest problem is vertical vs horizontal orientation. If the picture is taken horizontally it will not work on a vertical screen well and visa versa. There are essentially three options: Shrink the image to fit the screen, alter the dimensions of the image, or only show a fitting portion of the image. The third option is the recommend practice, however in a picture of a car it can be strange to see just a part of the car, imagine just seeing the driver's door or something like that. A final option is to have two optional backgrounds, one for horizontal and one for vertical.

There other thing is contrast. The background cannot make text difficult to read, which means the image needs to be darkened or overlayed. And it should have a fairly plain background with very little to no white.

With that being said, it is very possible to make a Fiero background but I don't have the pictures necessary for it and my cars all need paint so they don't make a good choice. If anyone wants to contribute a picture of their car for the background I would love to give it a shot. What I need is 2 pictures, one in horizontal (landscape/hot dog) and one in vertical (portrait/hamburger) of the same car at roughly the same angle. Background should be fairly plain, not busy, but picturesque. For horizontal there car should be centered and have about half a car spacing on both sides. Vertical should be centered and needs about 1/4 car spacing on both sides.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
liv4God if you pm me your email I can send you some pics to try.
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2017 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

liv4God if you pm me your email I can send you some pics to try.

Pm sent
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to tshark's idea and 2.5's pictures I'm working on a new update with a Fiero background.

Due to the nature of this picture it works out to use just the one since resizing the screen keeps 2.5's car as the centerpiece without cutting it off.

Also note, the app now has a bottom command bar with a plus option. This will allow you to add your own favorite Fiero sites that may not already be included.
Still in progress, but both improvements will be released in the next update.

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 08-22-2017).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet, glad some pics worked for it.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2017 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43224 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by liv4God:

Any one have suggestions for more sites to include. I put all the ones I use most regularly, but I know there are lots more and I would like to include them. I'm making updates to include more, adding some extra features as well! I appreciate any feedback and ideas.

Its possible you could list Fiero clubs, with links etc.
I have a thread that is intended to be a "live" listing with clubs and links being removed or added as we become aware.
It began with a list of clubs from milehighfieros, and I try to keep it up to date.
You can use any data from it if you think that could work.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094690.html

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.gmtuners.com/ has great useful technical info. The owner has done many Fiero swaps.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 08-23-2017).]

liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2017 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for more great ideas 2.5! I'll try to integrate more of this in the app. I could make an additional page for clubs and another section for technical info
liv4God

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, a new update!!
This one has a few new features:
-Ability to save your own webpage links
-A Garage section where you can store your cars, well their information at least
-Optional in app browser

Get it free here: https://www.microsoft.com/e.../9wzdncrdg6fc?rtc=1#

[This message has been edited by liv4God (edited 08-17-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave