Mason Dixon Fiero's Carlisle 2014 GM National Show by amflyer
Started on: 01-11-2014 04:30 PM
Replies: 26 (1122 views)
Last post by: steve308 on 02-03-2014 09:10 AM
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the Mason Dixon Fiero Group will be attending the GM Nationals this year 2014 for the first time. The show is June 20,21 and 22 at the Carlisle Fair grounds in Carlisle PA. Please plan to attend this event with us for our First National show as one of the newest Fiero Clubs from the Maryland PA area. Carlisle Events has sat aside our own area and we hope to have a large number of our group attend. Once our web site is up we will take pre registrations to secure your spot with us on the showfield. Can't wait to see you all attend!

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it!
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the Mason Dixon group be joining up with or a least be next to the MAFOA area? I know that we of the Central Virginia FIERO club look forward to seeing all local clubs come together at least once a year to share ideas and Carlisle has always been the place.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No we will be in seperate areas for 2014
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2014 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you saying you're hosting an independent show at the GM Nat's, and there will be TWO Fiero shows? The MAFOA one, and yours?
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Are you saying you're hosting an independent show at the GM Nat's, and there will be TWO Fiero shows? The MAFOA one, and yours?

According to information I received from Robb it appears that the Maryland based Mason Dixon group will have it's own separate location at Carlisle
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

According to information I received from Robb it appears that the Maryland based Mason Dixon group will have it's own separate location at Carlisle

For those of us who may attend, I have to say that this is a bad idea. I have more comments, but i'll stop for now.

Rob
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

For those of us who may attend, I have to say that this is a bad idea. I have more comments, but i'll stop for now.

Rob

Yes.
Why take a car that is 30 years old, and disappearing FAST, then split this local crowd in half?
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see this as splitting. We will all be hanging out together. It seems like it's just another group that is more convenient for some of us to be in. I don't think anyone, especially myself, is trying to burn any bridges or separate ourselves. Think of it as a new addition to your family
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

grkboy707

3019 posts
Member since May 2009
By the way, amflyer, is the website up yet ?
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2014 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grkboy707:

I don't see this as splitting. We will all be hanging out together. It seems like it's just another group that is more convenient for some of us to be in. I don't think anyone, especially myself, is trying to burn any bridges or separate ourselves. Think of it as a new addition to your family

Then why would there be a new separate show area to the pre-existing one that has been going on for over a decade, at a major event at Carlisle?
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Then why would there be a new separate show area to the pre-existing one that has been going on for over a decade, at a major event at Carlisle?

Well the opening announcement says that for "2014" it will be a separate area. Hopefully in 2015 there will be enough time to come back together in one area. Those of us in the 'Central Virginia FIERO club' enjoy having our little "chapter" for local events and supporting the larger MAFOA at this major event. Time will tell --What's the old saying "United we stand, divided we fall". or was it "Divide and conquer". I look forward to supporting the MAFOA and visiting the Mason Dixon group membership this year.

Hoping for low 80"s and no humidity in June!

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's nothing wrong with joining a new club or group if they are closer or more like you but to say you want to be in a different location than the rest of the Fieros at a large gm show is not a good idea to me. Sounds like there is some bad feelings amount some.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
amflyer..... PM returned.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping to make it but I'm confused as to where I may end up. Is there a place for fieros there , or are there now more than one mad you get to choose ? Do you really have to pre register ? Can you help a confused newbie ?

Boz

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I was assuming that even though they are in "separate areas", that both tents would be located around the fiero area. That's generally how it usually works
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a question: I am not a member of MAFOA, Virginia Fieros or Mason Dixon, but would still like to attend and enter my Fiero. What is my best course of action? Maybe this would be a good time to join MAFOA. I have been wanting to for a while.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PatrickTRoof:

Here's a question: I am not a member of MAFOA, Virginia Fieros or Mason Dixon, but would still like to attend and enter my Fiero. What is my best course of action? Maybe this would be a good time to join MAFOA. I have been wanting to for a while.

You can contact Carlisle directly and purchase a show-field pass. I am sure you would be welcomed with open arms into either groups area. MAFOA has received discounted tickets in the past via direct mailing from Carlisle. Membership in MAFOA is minimal and in the past you get a couple of newsletters and they host a couple of additional events in the PA area. I can't take the time off or travel to all the events BUT membership helps them do what they do for us at Carlisle and the other events. It's a lot of time, planning and personal expense for our benefit.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2014 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, I was assuming that even though they are in "separate areas", that both tents would be located around the fiero area. That's generally how it usually works

I don't like to assume things. Answers from the horse's mouth, as they say, would be nice.

Usually, there aren't multiple Fiero shows at the Carlisle event. There's the MAFOA section at the event, for Fieros, and that's it. If there are two separate Fiero shows at the event, it's not up to the clubs to decide where they get located on the grounds. The Carlisle organizers for the GM Nationals will make that decision. It would also create confusion for anyone who wanted to participate in a Fiero show. Do they participate in only one, or both? Which one? It's confusing no matter where the clubs are parked at on the grounds.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post moved to MAFOA thread out of respect to MD group.

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 01-21-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since I'm not going my opinion really doesn't mean anything, but I know which group I would be parking with if I did attend...it would be with MAFOA... Like I said before it's fine if you want to join a new group because they are closer to you or you have more common with them, but for that group to be separated from the rest of the Fieros at a large gm car show just doesn't make since.... I hope the Mason-Dixon Fiero group changes their mind and joins the rest of the Fieros.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Depending on which of my fiero's are running I'll Most likely split my 3 up between the shows, don't know how I'll do it, Maybe a mera at one the 2 IMSA's at the other, or something like that. I know and am friends with people from both clubs so I'll play it by ear.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Depending on which of my fiero's are running I'll Most likely split my 3 up between the shows, don't know how I'll do it, Maybe a mera at one the 2 IMSA's at the other, or something like that. I know and am friends with people from both clubs so I'll play it by ear.

Rick --- are you going to drive them in or tow them in
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick --- are you going to drive them in or tow them in

He'll make a Fiero train with tow bars.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can contact Carlisle directly and purchase a show-field pass. I am sure you would be welcomed with open arms into either groups area. MAFOA has received discounted tickets in the past via direct mailing from Carlisle. Membership in MAFOA is minimal and in the past you get a couple of newsletters and they host a couple of additional events in the PA area. I can't take the time off or travel to all the events BUT membership helps them do what they do for us at Carlisle and the other events. It's a lot of time, planning and personal expense for our benefit.

So wait.... Mine will be the only 308 there... woo hoo.... kidding aside make the time steve lol i wana see that car again. its inspiration.
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No Rick--- I will be at Carlisle, I like so many others who are not in the PA area (like members of the Mason DIxon group) cannot make or support all the great events hosted by the PA based organization like the spring and fall picnic.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock