Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Official: 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Danyel
Started on: 01-10-2014 07:03 PM
Replies: 350 (7233 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-28-2014 08:07 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2014 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More to come tomorrow ...................
IP: Logged
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a Thursday Caravan
a Friday caravan ......
here is the Sunday Caravan

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-27-2014).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another Tyler Shipman weekend is behind us, and I have several thoughts to share after our very eventful time.

First and foremost, a very heartfelt thank you to Jay and Daneele Shipman for the loan of their Chevy Impala to help us get everyone home safely. It means more to us than we can ever express, and we'll return it shortly in better than new condition.
PS. Thank you for another amazing car show and "family reunion" as JohnWPB dubbed it.

Second, another heartfelt thank you to purple reign and his wife for their help getting us home.

The truck broke down with what looks like a cracked piston. They just happened to bring their flatbed truck to Frazee. Shawn worked very hard to help diagnose the issues we were encountering with the truck and when all else failed he volunteered to load the truck onto the wheel lift of the flatbed tow truck.
It was completely unexpected, and both Cindy and I are very thankful for the help.

I'd also like to thank seajai for his help with the truck. Chris also worked very hard to help diagnose the issues. He has always been willing to help anyone in need, even working tirelessly to replace the head gasket in 84whitesc's Duke Fiero, until two in the morning.

A final thank you to fierohoho for allowing us to delay a much owed debt to him in order to purchase parts for the Blazer... They didn't resolve the issue, sadly. The symptoms pointed to the part, but the cause was completely different.

As most of you are aware, this was a very stressful weekend for us due to a variety of little issues completely unrelated to the car show or family reunion, and all of you as well as the many other people who chipped in to make us feel better helped.

Even with the stress, if next year were to repeat identically, I'd still go and do so happily.

Much love to my fellow Fiero people. What a great community.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-28-2014).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got home about 20 minutes ago.... too tired to post much of anything!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few pics from show day

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Lined up to cruise to dinner

Dinner at Billys Bar, where the build team got together the night before the build, and where many of us first met eachother and the Shipman family.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-29-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Missing everyone this morning, the view is just not quite the same.

What a tremendous weekend it was. I was not even involved in the Fiero community at the time of the Tyler build, but I could sure feel Tyler's spirit and the spirit of the original build at Camp Shipman this weekend. Everyone was pitching in and helping each other out. From small stuff like putting up tents and carry boxes, to major stuff like tearing apart engines, driving hours of your way to help people and cars get home safe, loaning your car to someone to get home. Family takes care of and looks out for family and thats what the Fiero Community is at Camp Shipman, family.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have learned that time and time again....the Fiero community, while we may be cheap, we are generous. Time and time again we see examples of us taking care of each other. It keeps the dream alive for all of us!!!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

Missing everyone this morning, the view is just not quite the same.

Me too.
seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
6:30 Saturday morning at camp Shipman.

PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am thankful to be apart of this amazing group of people. A big thanks goes out to Matt Snell, Chris, Chris (synthesis), and John for making it possible to fix my car and to bring it back home after popping a head gasket. I wish I could have helped out more.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So.. I trust the motorcycle did not fall off the trailer?
Also are the Canadians home?

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Also are the Canadians home?

I got a text from Jonathan last night and he was just south of Indy refueling. Major props to Chris Lewis (cornersonrails) for giving Jonathan a lift! Danyel told me they would be home late today so I am sure he with pop in soon

Dr. W.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone get a picture of Johns bike?

I forgot to and that is one sweet bike.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reporting in ...... thanks to all our friends out in Camp Shipman and also to our new friends we've made.... we are pretty beat right now will post this week end .... regards to all
@Shipmans luv you guys thank you for everything

Helene & Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-30-2014).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

It was locked down pretty damn tight

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I got a text from Jonathan last night and he was just south of Indy refueling. Major props to Chris Lewis (cornersonrails) for giving Jonathan a lift! Danyel told me they would be home late today so I am sure he with pop in soon

Dr. W.

Yep, made it home right around 10pm after fighting lane closures and construction on the interstate on the way back. I had just unloaded and my lady pulled in after getting off work so I didn't post earlier. Also, was quite tired, took a shower, and hit the sack hard as I had to be at work this morning. Currently, I'm dealing with a bit of road gunk at the back of my throat that I can't quite shake. Frustrating.

On another note, big thanks to Chris for letting me bum a trailer ride to Chicago and especially for letting me crash for the night. Took a little while to shuffle some of that equipment around through.

Also, it's Jonathon - but I prefer "Jon"

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Did anyone get a picture of Johns bike?

I forgot to and that is one sweet bike.

Lol... Thanks.
It was a long haul. Suffice it to say, saddle sores aren't only for those into equestrian sports

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 07-31-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jon, it was great seeing you again. That bike was strapped down tight. When we were riding behind you, it was like the bike was one with the trailer, no movement or bouncing at all. Glad you got home safe and sound.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I'm dealing with a bit of road gunk at the back of my throat that I can't quite shake. Frustrating.

Good to hear you made it home. If you havent yet, try coffee or some other warm drink for throat gunk.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Cruise

Skuzzbomer

Lining up to join the Sunday Parade

Parked after the Parade

Checking out Freds Concept car, some of us got to drive it!

Parked at the shop where Tylers Toy was built, we crossed the street to watch the Frazee Turkey Days demolition derby.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-31-2014).]

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you all had a good time.

Did everyone get home safely?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Sounds like you all had a good time.

Did everyone get home safely?

Its always a great time at Camp Shipman. Everyone made it home, some with a little help from their friends.

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfred8

1719 posts
Member since Oct 2011
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am finally catching up slightly to post. I had such an amazing time this year like every year. Yeaaa, so I hugged Nellie and told her I loved her. It wasnt the alcohol talking either. I am not happy about what brought me into their lives but I am happy to be apart of their lives. I look forward to seeing them and everyone else up at Camp Shipman. Jon it was a pleasure to have hung out with you. I never believed your post that said you were riding up on Thursday. I was like no Frickn way! I woke up Saturday morning to see your bike next to my truck and I was blown away. In the future at Camp Shipman I will try and stay up till atleast 11:30...lol.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:
In the future at Camp Shipman I will try and stay up till atleast 11:30...lol.

I am still not caught up on my sleep, so I can see the advantages of going to bed early. I just don't want to miss anything at Camp Shipman, try to cram as much in as possible in a few days.

seajai

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seajaiSend a Private Message to seajaiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it too early to start planning for the 6th?
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seajai:

Is it too early to start planning for the 6th?

Never too early. I started thinking about the 6th on my drive home.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it home safe and sound; almost 2900 miles, about 30mpg and about 1300 pictures. The Fiero was flawless. My photographic expertise is quite another story. Frazee was everything I have come to expect and the 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Car Show was even more. The Shipman's hospitality was impeccable and the town of Frazee certainly knows how to make an aging, bald, out-of-towner feel right at home. Wonderful to see my Fiero friends again and make several new ones as well. Great time. And to be given the opportunity to drive a couple of cars I had only read about was memorable, to say the least. There is something to the feel of a V-8 rumble that just stirs the soul and the power at hand from an SD-4......wow! Next time, I'm planning my escape route, much more carefully! Thanks to everyone.

------------------
1988 GT
Medium Red Metallic
Manual, Gray Leather
K Beck LEDs & StuWipes

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2014 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@Art thank you my friend was really seeing you again....happy to see that the V8 gave ya some pleasure ... even though no keys were missing

The Widow in the Shipman's Man Cave ...... what a blast !!!! See ya all in 5 years for the tenth !!!
@Shipman's luv ya guys and thank you for your hospitality ...

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay