Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  St.Louis Fiero Clubs (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
St.Louis Fiero Clubs by markkrug
Started on: 01-03-2014 10:50 PM
Replies: 906 (12029 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 09-25-2022 07:46 PM
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol, That be me at 23. I used to hop in and out that car with out a hitch, now its lean forward and fall back too get in, and grab the door handle and pull up to get out.
IP: Logged
Drew-py

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

Is the SC usually repairable when that happens?

depends on what went wrong, in my case I believe my unshaved snout was the problem that caused my 2.8 pulley to have interferrence issues and once that happened it locked up and MELTED the belt right off, just another Fiero smoking down the road. "This is not the Fiero fire you are looking for"

[This message has been edited by Drew-py (edited 05-28-2015).]

Drew-py

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2015 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Drew-pySend a Private Message to Drew-pyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Drew-py

73 posts
Member since Apr 2014

Originally posted by davylong86:

The brakes look great! Potholes suck in and around the whole metro area. Hit one hard enough to knock my stirring out so bad that when I turned into my driveway all I had to do was let go of the wheel and it turned in buy itself. Do you think you can make to the hotrod tour on the 8th?

Thanks about the brakes and you are right about them stupid potholes. Where's our tax dollars going anyways?
As for June 8th the Hot Rod Power Tour, sadly no I have 4th of July party plannings and expences that will be putting the Fiero on back burner for a while. Not to mention another more powerful motor thats in the shop right now being built and this charging will not be used on that motor upgrading to a Gen V.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tshark-I just back from the Dells. I have a nice little trophy for you. I'll give it to you when I see you next.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2015 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really? Cool!

Glad you're back safe and sound. Did you bring back some hardware?

How was the awards banquet? I poked my head in long enough to see Mark get the hardship award, and the guy from Ontario get the distance award, and then I had to go. When I got back, everyone was gone, except Tom.

BTW, Tom gave me some great things to discuss with the guys to get our club going. I still think time/schedule is the limiting factor.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Tshark.

What time are people showing up Monday? I am going to shoot for about 3:00. I have a job to do Monday and hope to finish in the morning.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshark. What was the name of the site that can possibility help clean up my computer? Thanks
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Malwarebytes from BleepingComputer web site.

When you install it, make sure you uncheck the box for the free trial. While you run it, disable any current anti-virus software. When the scan completes, you will get a list of infections and their severity. You can look through the list, but I usually remove all.

Once Malwarebytes completes, you can also run Adwcleaner.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Thanks, Lorne. I don't know what it's for, yet. I understand lots of awards were given out.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tshark-Looks like the downloads from BleepingComputer worked. Thanks a lot. You tha man
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2015 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad they worked.
PFF
System Bot
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2015 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congrats Tshark.

What time are people showing up Monday? I am going to shoot for about 3:00. I have a job to do Monday and hope to finish in the morning.

I hope to make it out there by 3:00. Will have the Fiero

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 06-08-2015).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it out to the HotRod power tour and was totally impressed with the turn out of cars and people that showed up. Was looking for Fieros and didn't spot any. Mine got a lot of attention which was pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 06-17-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! It's a mixed bag to be the only one and get attention.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry couldn't make due to work, I really wanted to be there. I thought Fiero guys were come from the north.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2015 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had a NIFE tent set up at St Louis, it was over by where the cars pulled in for the drag runs.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-09-2015).]

davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I missed you. I seen quite a few blue canopies but didn't spot the Fiero. I didn't get there till 4:00 so it didn't leave a lot of time to check out the whole lot. Very nice turnout they had. I like your trailer.

[This message has been edited by davylong86 (edited 06-10-2015).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is Scott's Red 88GT and trailer. This is his first season with the trailer. Its a Snapperhead performance hitch and I think Scott fabbed up the trailer himself.

Way too many cars to see them all. You were probably parked in the race track, we walked thru there, but it was probably before you got there. A huge part of the fun of Power Tour is the drive between stops, going thru all the little towns. I highly encourage everyone to do at least a few stops next time it comes thru your area.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 06-10-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, time to plan a get-together. Johnnyrottin should be back in 2 months. We don't have to wait until then. Sunday afternoons are best for me, but I could make a Saturday too, with kids.

What happened to mark krug?

Loren, how is your Fiero? Any progress?
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know you were not talking to me but I need to get my coil over in and bushing. Other stuff to but I can at least drive it to a GTG if I get the done.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is your interior back together?

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 06-17-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2015 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the doors but I think I will be installations shave door kit.
FieroReinke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Guys, time to plan a get-together. Johnnyrottin should be back in 2 months. We don't have to wait until then. Sunday afternoons are best for me, but I could make a Saturday too, with kids.

How about a get together outside a St Louis, maybe around Herman? There are some fun roads to drive.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2015 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it depends on who is coming, and the target attendees. That's a drive for you. About 1.25 hours for me, probably 1.5 for Lorne, probably 2 hours at least for notwohorns. Don't get me wrong. I like driving my Fiero, meeting Fiero people, and talking cars, but I look at it this way: say I have 6 hours. Subtract drive time. 3.5 hours max, but others may have less time.

The thing holding some of us is time. When we get time, we want to work on our car, house, or yard.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Davy I sent you a pm. Hopefully working on car this weekend.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys ,,i know , its been a while,,,So,,,,Anybody have experience with doing cylinder head Gaskets. I have 40lbs compression on no.1 and will be my fall project , Was hoping some one could offer some incite if they have tackled this before

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 07-31-2015).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He lives! I was wondering if you were still around PFF, Loren.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cleaning them up is the hard part, so I just had a machine shop clean and check them.
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi tshark,,Thanks Lorne,,Going to order parts form RockAuto, FeldPro Gaskets and new head bolts,,Might just order the new cyl heads depending on if mine are over .004 warped..there pretty cheap
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cleaning them up is the hard part, so I just had a machine shop clean and check them.

I gave this more thought, getting the front manifold is a hard part also if you don't have the engine out. I started with mine in and then figured what the hell and pulled it. Then there is the cradle bolts, so I guess there are a couple of hard parts.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 07-31-2015).]

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered the parts today....Food for thought here Lorne,,,,If the dogbone were to be disconnected, do you think the motor could be pulled forward a little to help withe the ease of getting to the front exhaust manifold,,Im torn to even go this route as its the back head gasket that is the problem and i will be doing the engine swap next year,,,,i have always gone the route to just do both sides when doing head gaskets but damn it im getting old and to starting to hurt working on these little cars lmao
PFF
System Bot
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your bottom mounts are not going to let it rotate. Maybe loosen all mounts and lift the engine a little but I can't say for sure that would help any. Maybe build a platform to lay on over the top of the engine bay so you could lay on your belly. I can imagine fighting rusted manifold bolts with the engine in going to be a cussing and a back breaking task.
notwohorns

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I removed my front exhaust manifold. I took the rear cradle bolts out and tilted the engine down. That gave me more room to work with> I took it off from under the car

[This message has been edited by notwohorns (edited 08-04-2015).]

LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply photo test

[This message has been edited by LorenBateman (edited 08-09-2015).]

LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2015 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on my rear coil overs, lower ball joint and changing bushings. Someone must have changed the rear control arm bushing not long ago but they were changed again by me anyway. Coil over tubes are just not fitting over the rear struts. I need a machinist to clean out some of the inner tube. Filled her up, along with another car and ice machine with refrigerant today. Got quite bit done today, first day that felt like real progress.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not 100% sure I want leather seat but I have been look at some. Do any of you want my perfect seat covers? I figure somewhere around $250 OBO. I will probably throw in the seats as well but I have to admit my hog ring application was not the best.

They are Grey cloth original Fiero seat covers, the guy I bought them from said they are 20000 mile seat covers and I believe it.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 08-16-2015).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm Back!
LorenBateman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LorenBatemanSend a Private Message to LorenBatemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats a good deal lorne are they cloth or what..Glad your back Johnny will be picking your guys expertise with PMs here real soon as i do these heads
davylong86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome back Johnny. We have to get a Fiero roundup going. Sundays are always open for me. I have some Sat off. What dates are good for a ride and lunch or maybe cook out at a park? Chime in St.Louis.
LornesGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes they are cloth, I edit original post about them, I should have been more clear.
I also figured I would offer to the local guys before going global.

We are still painting and other stuff to the house but I am fine with a Sunday. I still have to put my coil overs on and get an alignment. I plan to have them on today but not sure I will. If anyone wants to stop by the shop today and I will post when or if I get there.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 08-16-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 23 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock